Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
mavenickster
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Italy

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby mavenickster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:55 am

BookhouseBoyBob wrote:
mavenickster wrote:My humble request to be added to the archive, though not related to unreleased tracks, is the ghost track "Abstract Mood - Credit Boogie" from "Twin Peaks - Season Two Music and More". Only after I bought the digital version of the album I found out that there was this additional track on the physical CD. I wonder why this is not available on davidlynch.com :?:


do you mean the hidden track before Love Theme Intro?


Yes, I mean that :(
User avatar
Cooped
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Cooped » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:49 am

Aww no release!

I'm going home bawwwwww
User avatar
smokebelch
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 am
Location: U.K.

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby smokebelch » Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:48 am

mavenickster wrote:
BookhouseBoyBob wrote:
mavenickster wrote:My humble request to be added to the archive, though not related to unreleased tracks, is the ghost track "Abstract Mood - Credit Boogie" from "Twin Peaks - Season Two Music and More". Only after I bought the digital version of the album I found out that there was this additional track on the physical CD. I wonder why this is not available on davidlynch.com :?:


do you mean the hidden track before Love Theme Intro?


Yes, I mean that :(


I've got the CD and I can't access it either!
Used to have an older CD player that would happily skip back past the first track, but neither my current player nor my PC or Blu-Ray player will let me access it- kinda annoying. Be nice if its added to the archive.

Doesn't look like a release this week, but as there arn't many left guess its not too bad.
Gonna miss the excitment of waking up on a Friday morning here in the UK and seeing what musical treats await me :lol:
User avatar
mavenickster
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Italy

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby mavenickster » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:21 am

smokebelch wrote:I've got the CD and I can't access it either!
Used to have an older CD player that would happily skip back past the first track, but neither my current player nor my PC or Blu-Ray player will let me access it- kinda annoying. Be nice if its added to the archive.


I do hope so, in one of the next last bundles... I hope... :)
User avatar
Lynch-D
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:50 am

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Lynch-D » Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:42 am

I have the CD and I can't access the hidden track either.
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:05 am

I have the CD and I can't access the hidden track either.

Me too. I guess some copies don't contain it. :|
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
ARNIE
Posts: 11
Joined: Wed Oct 24, 2007 10:57 am
Location: Houston

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby ARNIE » Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:54 am

You're not missing much :D
User avatar
smokebelch
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 8:37 am
Location: U.K.

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby smokebelch » Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:00 pm

DEniZZrus wrote:
I have the CD and I can't access the hidden track either.

Me too. I guess some copies don't contain it. :|


All copies have it on there its just a lot of players cant access the pre-track one info.
Its to do with the 'Red Book Standard' which sets the specs for CD's and CD players. The ability to access any music hidden away in the pre-track one gap is NOT part of the 'Red Book', so therefore most players don't have the ability to do it. Think its even rarer for PC's to be able to either- I know none of mine over the years have been able too.
Kinda frustrating as I've got a few CD's with tracks hidden away at the start, that I now have no way of listening too as I no longer have my old CD player that could play them.
User avatar
BookhouseBoyBob
Posts: 57
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:47 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby BookhouseBoyBob » Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:45 pm

smokebelch wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:
I have the CD and I can't access the hidden track either.

Me too. I guess some copies don't contain it. :|


All copies have it on there its just a lot of players cant access the pre-track one info.
Its to do with the 'Red Book Standard' which sets the specs for CD's and CD players. The ability to access any music hidden away in the pre-track one gap is NOT part of the 'Red Book', so therefore most players don't have the ability to do it. Think its even rarer for PC's to be able to either- I know none of mine over the years have been able too.
Kinda frustrating as I've got a few CD's with tracks hidden away at the start, that I now have no way of listening too as I no longer have my old CD player that could play them.



I was able to extract it from my CD using Exact Audio Copy. Also note that EAC will only be able to recognize it on a newer CD player on your PC, say within the past two years (not sure if there's a Mac version of the program).

Good luck!
User avatar
Cooped
Posts: 56
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:16 am
Location: Scotland

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Cooped » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:00 am

Just downloaded the 'Odds and Ends' bundle.

No-one said that Llama Country was such a delight! I didnt even notice the musical cue during the episode, but it's such a bright track, I love it!
User avatar
kafard
Posts: 179
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:14 am
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby kafard » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:02 pm


All copies have it on there its just a lot of players cant access the pre-track one info.
Its to do with the 'Red Book Standard' which sets the specs for CD's and CD players. The ability to access any music hidden away in the pre-track one gap is NOT part of the 'Red Book', so therefore most players don't have the ability to do it. Think its even rarer for PC's to be able to either- I know none of mine over the years have been able too.
Kinda frustrating as I've got a few CD's with tracks hidden away at the start, that I now have no way of listening too as I no longer have my old CD player that could play them.


I was able to extract it from my CD using Exact Audio Copy. Also note that EAC will only be able to recognize it on a newer CD player on your PC, say within the past two years (not sure if there's a Mac version of the program).

Good luck!


Even if you have the hidden track with the cd, this track will bring you to nowhere ! Because the hidden track was on the old davidlynch.com....
Attachments
hiddentrack.JPG
hiddentrack.JPG (48.48 KiB) Viewed 4188 times
A french little guy named : Dam.
User avatar
mavenickster
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Italy

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby mavenickster » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:07 am

kafard wrote:Even if you have the hidden track with the cd, this track will bring you to nowhere ! Because the hidden track was on the old davidlynch.com....


Wasn't the hidden track actually recorded on the CD before the first track? I've read it is called "Abstract Mood / Credit Boogie", I've heard parts of it somewhere... it would be nice to have it possibly in the TP Archive :)
User avatar
Silent Witness
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Silent Witness » Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:34 am

OK, to clarify:

Yes, there is an audio track hidden before the first track on the CD. It consist of two things:

- 2:39 minutes of Lynchian wind effect with David Lynch speaking a code towards the end which would have unlocked the track "The Norwegians" on his homepage at the time. "The Norwegians" has been released as part of the Archive in the meantime.

then a long silence, and then:

- an on-set-recording of the piano accompaniment to Gersten's poem "It was Laura" (1:13). The poem is still audible in the background.

The booklet credits are misleading:
"Credit Boogie" applies to "Hayward Boogie" which was also used in the end credits of that episode.
"Abstract Mood" is the original title of "Night Bells" (retitled for the CD).

Hope this helps.

Looking hopefully forward to a new release tonight!
User avatar
mavenickster
Posts: 34
Joined: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:43 am
Location: Italy

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby mavenickster » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:30 am

Interesting, thank you!
Was the spoken code the same in all the CDs? I suppose so.

Silent Witness wrote:The booklet credits are misleading:
"Credit Boogie" applies to "Hayward Boogie" which was also used in the end credits of that episode.
"Abstract Mood" is the original title of "Night Bells" (retitled for the CD).


So the title "Abstract Mood / Credit Boogie" I've read as the title of the hidden track actually it is not, right?
User avatar
Silent Witness
Posts: 16
Joined: Thu May 24, 2012 12:00 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Silent Witness » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:46 am

Was the spoken code the same in all the CDs? I suppose so.


Pretty sure, yes ;-)

So the title "Abstract Mood / Credit Boogie" I've read as the title of the hidden track actually it is not, right?


Yes, it was just assumed, because the titles were mentioned in the CD booklet, but none of the regular tracks were either named "Abstract Mood" or "Credit Boogie". And since the hidden track consists of two parts, it was the logical assumption. Still wrong though ;-)

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests