Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by DEniZZrus »

Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz 2 Drums and Bass) or
Dance of the Dream Man (Fast Soprano Clarinet Drums and Bass)
Hmm... then it should finally call
Freshly Squeezed (fast cool jazz #2 flute, vibraphone, drums and bass) or
Dance of the Dream Man (fast muted soprano clarinet flute, vibraphone, drums and bass)
:lol: ...too longish I guess...
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:Anyway I mean Lana/Jacoby scene, it's the only unreleased FS/DOTDM track, isn't it? (not including unused versions)
Yes- its the only used version unreleased. Hope we get it. And am I selfish if I'm hoping for everything else on DEniZZrus's list? :D
qbin2001 wrote:Side note...

From the official note:
ONE ARMED MAN THEME (SOLO CLARINET IMPROVISATION)
As evident from this stripped-down recording, the clarinet solo that became the 'One Armed Man Theme' originated as an improvisational take over 'Audrey's Dance' (a closer listen will reveal a floor of headphone bleed from the original basic track).
In fact if you listen closely, you can hear Freshly Squeezed (Bass Clarinet) version instead of Audrey's Dance. It bugged me that this track doesn't fit as it should to Audrey's Dance. It's because Freshly Squeezed has little different tempo then Audrey's Dance... Another little discovery... :lol:
And if you listen to "Jean Renault's Theme", you can hear the bleed-through of "One-Armed Man's Theme" as it was an improvisational take over that.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:And some sound effects pieces looking potentially available after Log Lady Presence release...

- The Red Room Noise aka The Giant Theme
- Jacques's Beats
- Pale Horse
- Bob Visits Laura
I still think it would be cool to get the various dark/nerve/drone tones heard in such scenes as when Leland pockets the fox fur, Pete tells Josie Catherine died in the fire, and Earle puts The Major on the big target. Maybe its a short track that they looped? Not sure.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

ODDS AND ENDS VOL 3. is released 8)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

:D
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 10.18.14 PM.png
Screen shot 2012-06-28 at 10.18.14 PM.png (165.11 KiB) Viewed 9365 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Well, what the difference between Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2 Clarinet) and previously released DOTDM (clarinet)?
And Love Theme (Light) looks like just piece of Love Theme (Dark)
One and the same???

You Killed Mike is great even as mixed with Night Bells! :mrgreen:
Last edited by DEniZZrus on Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Autarch

Post by The Autarch »

Excellent bundle! I'm especially glad that Dean was able to locate the other variant of Wheeler's Theme.

Solo Percussion 4 is an absolute gem, having heard it through the demo play. Certainly the best of the solo percussions.

I'm sure Fire Walk With Me fans will be pleased to see that its soundtrack is now 99.9% complete with the mostly untouched You Killed Mike available.

As for what's left? It appears that Audrey's Walk V2, Spelunking and Stair Music (Full) are all that remain out of the tracks used in-series that haven't been confirmed as missing, and considering the sizes of the other bundles I'm unsure of whether they'll end up released or even located... unless, of course, Dean is saving them for the final bundle along with everything else he's managed to locate.

Speaking of, if the final bundle isn't an "Everything Else Bundle", here's hoping for an "Unused Bundle"!
"To be in power, you didn't need guns, money or even numbers; you just needed the will to do what the other guy wouldn't."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:Well, what the difference between Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2 Clarinet) and previously released DOTDM (clarinet)?
I believe its actually the same exact track, correct?
DEniZZrus wrote:And Love Theme (Light) looks like just piece of Love Theme (Dark)
One and the same???
Its definitely not the version heard in episode 10 that Q was calling "LT (Light)"- that version is still unreleased.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Alternate Wheeler's Theme is great. Love both versions.

Solo Percussion 4 is probably my favorite percussion track. I think it must be looped in the episode where Albert arrives, as its about 2:14 in that episode.

Too bad the FS version from the Lana/Jacoby scene is missing part of the track. Might be able to splice the beginning from FSv2.

So missing used tracks would be:
Audrey's Walk (Version 2)
Love Theme (Light) [actual]
Sneaky Audrey (Reprise)
Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)

In addition to:
The Swan (Instrumental) (missing)
Leland's Dance (missing)

Thanks again to Dean for all his hard work & dedication - and for putting up with us picky fans!!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Fingers crossed that MySpace version of Shelly (Shelly Quits) will be in the final bundle! It's been quite a year and a bit, thanks Dean (and David, and Angelo).
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Solo Percussion 4 is probably my favorite percussion track. I think it must be looped in the episode where Albert arrives, as its about 2:14 in that episode
I think so
And BTW - in released Solo Percussion 5 used the same rhythmic pattern but another cymbals timbre (comparing with sounding at ep.7)

And so just released Freshly Squeezed version is copy of DOTDM (soprano clarinet) as well as LT (Light) is cut copy of LT (Dark)
Its definitely not the version heard in episode 10 that Q was calling "LT (Light)"- that version is still unreleased
Right
Last edited by DEniZZrus on Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Silent Witness

Post by Silent Witness »

Another great release. Fantastic to have "You Killed Mike" at last!
With the partial tracks one can see that the archive is truly nearing its end.
And so just released Freshly Squeezed version is copy of DOTDM (soprano clarinet) as well as LT (Light) is cut copy of LT (Dark)
That's true, but "LT Light" actually has better sound quality (no distortions during the high notes). Another job for clever editing ;-)
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

listened to this twice through on the way to work and it is delightful as usual! Thanks Dean!!

To join the speculation of what's left in the final bundle... sound effects, unused material, lost and found?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Brad D wrote:listened to this twice through on the way to work and it is delightful as usual! Thanks Dean!!

To join the speculation of what's left in the final bundle... sound effects, unused material, lost and found?
Yes!! Thanks again Dean! Wheeler's Theme is such a little gem. So glad the alternate was found as well.

As for the final bundle, I fear the last few used tracks may be lost(?) since they weren't included here:
Audrey's Walk (Version 2)
Love Theme (Light) [actual]
Sneaky Audrey (Reprise) (this was on the boots)
Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)

Dean has said sound effects probably won't be released. But it would be great to get "Giant's Theme", "Red Room Noise", "Nerve Tones", Scary Sounds"

My guess is that it will be unused tracks. The boots had a bunch of stuff not heard yet:
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Solo Vibraphone)
Unused RR tracks
Unused Percussion tracks
Some short variations of LP'sT (Piano & Strings Bridge, Harmonium, Solo Dark Synth)
Along with a few other things...
Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Post by Zachary »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:Well, what the difference between Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2 Clarinet) and previously released DOTDM (clarinet)?
I believe its actually the same exact track, correct?
I just downloaded the bundle this morning, and it did not include Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2 Clarinet). I would take that as confirmation that it is a duplicate. The Love Theme (Light) was in the bundle, though.