Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by jmichael »

I can confirm the FS clarinet track is gone.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Ross wrote:
Brad D wrote:listened to this twice through on the way to work and it is delightful as usual! Thanks Dean!!

To join the speculation of what's left in the final bundle... sound effects, unused material, lost and found?
Yes!! Thanks again Dean! Wheeler's Theme is such a little gem. So glad the alternate was found as well.

As for the final bundle, I fear the last few used tracks may be lost(?) since they weren't included here:
Audrey's Walk (Version 2)
Love Theme (Light) [actual]
Sneaky Audrey (Reprise) (this was on the boots)
Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)

Dean has said sound effects probably won't be released. But it would be great to get "Giant's Theme", "Red Room Noise", "Nerve Tones", Scary Sounds"

My guess is that it will be unused tracks. The boots had a bunch of stuff not heard yet:
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Solo Vibraphone)
Unused RR tracks
Unused Percussion tracks
Some short variations of LP'sT (Piano & Strings Bridge, Harmonium, Solo Dark Synth)
Along with a few other things...
Maybe any clean versions (cough, Shelly Quits, cough)?
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

I can confirm the FS clarinet track is gone.
:mrgreen: Right! And FS's mention from the note is removed
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
smokebelch
Roadhouse Member

Post by smokebelch »

As always thanks so much to Dean for making all this happen, pretty amazing to have such a near as dammit complete archive of all this wonderful music.
Who'd have thought we'd be here with what we now have a couple of years ago after the season 2 CD came out, and it looked like that would be all we'd ever get!

Would be real interesting to hear from Dean about how the archive came about, and his time going through the archives to find all this stuff- any possibility of an interview do you think? Or maybe just some thoughts from Dean on all this stuff?

Going to miss downloading new stuff every week (or two), still one last release to come.... Like many hoping for either some unreleased gems, and/or sound effects cues.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

smokebelch wrote:As always thanks so much to Dean for making all this happen, pretty amazing to have such a near as dammit complete archive of all this wonderful music.
Who'd have thought we'd be here with what we now have a couple of years ago after the season 2 CD came out, and it looked like that would be all we'd ever get!

Would be real interesting to hear from Dean about how the archive came about, and his time going through the archives to find all this stuff- any possibility of an interview do you think? Or maybe just some thoughts from Dean on all this stuff?

Going to miss downloading new stuff every week (or two), still one last release to come.... Like many hoping for either some unreleased gems, and/or sound effects cues.
I would love to hear from the man himself. I hope we here have been a help to him (in addition to sometimes being pretty picky :D )

Anyway- the "partial" clean version of "FS (Fast Cool Jazz 2)" is unfortunately missing the first 2:13 of the track. The good news is that with the addition of the intro from the "Original" or "Clarinet" version of "FS (FCJ2)", one can re-create the edited down version actually heard in the Lana/Jacoby scene.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

All,

Just a quick note from Dean:

Accidentally included in last night's bundle was 'Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2 Clarinet)' when it had already been released in identical form as 'Dance of the Dream Man (Soprano Clarinet).' This has been corrected in the description and the contents for future downloads so it will not be confusing.

Next week there will not be a release as the final release will take some time to prepare. There will undoubtedly be tracks missing that some people are anticipating. Rest assured, however, even though the TP Archive will be 'over'...if and when the lost tracks are found down the road for some reason, they WILL be made available and freely distributed. Stay tuned to the forum for the latest updates.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Very cool. I too would be very interested to hear from Dean about his time doing all this. It's really been a great ride.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Episode 17: Bobby waits outside of Ben’s office, talks to Audrey who gets him in to see Ben (mixed with Freshly Squeezed (Solo Clarinet))

I think there are actually 2 different hi-hat tracks in this scene. Solo Percussion (Arbitrary Cymbals) plays during the first 1:10 or so (the full track) and then another hi-hat track, followed by I believe a repeat of part of Solo Percussion (Arbitrary Cymbals) again. So add one more hi-hat track to the used list.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

I love Dean.

Hopefully some sort of interview with Dean, Dugpa after the Archive is 'complete'?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Hopefully one of these days...
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

if and when the lost tracks are found down the road for some reason, they WILL be made available and freely distributed. Stay tuned to the forum for the latest updates
Just great! Thanks sooo much for giving hope! :wink:
I think there are actually 2 different hi-hat tracks in this scene. Solo Percussion (Arbitrary Cymbals) plays during the first 1:10 or so (the full track) and then another hi-hat track, followed by I believe a repeat of part of Solo Percussion (Arbitrary Cymbals) again. So add one more hi-hat track to the used list.
As I said above there is different cymbals type sound in ep.7

And so, what about released LT Light? Is it just cut repeat of LT Dark with modified sound quality? What are opinions? Q? Ross?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:
if and when the lost tracks are found down the road for some reason, they WILL be made available and freely distributed. Stay tuned to the forum for the latest updates
Just great! Thanks sooo much for giving hope! :wink:
Agreed! As always, Dean IS THE MAN!!!
DEniZZrus wrote:And so, what about released LT Light? Is it just cut repeat of LT Dark with modified sound quality? What are opinions? Q? Ross?
I compared them, and they are the same. New released version is basically an edited version with slightly better sound quality. The version heard in ep 10 where Harold gives Donna the orchid for Laura's grave in still unreleased. (That version may be shorter than in the scene- the beginning section might be looped?)
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

That version may be shorter than in the scene- the beginning section might be looped
Well, that version is exatly bridge like LPT clarinet or clariet & piano: climax part ends on high note.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

I love "You Killed Mike" even in this mixed version (perhaps even more so, since this is how you hear it in the film). I do hope Dean also finds the FWWM track Bob Rapes Laura, the cousin to Log Lady Presence and any other "sound effects" tracks, but whatever else gets released next week or in the future, it's just frosting on the cake.

I really admire so much all the work Dean has put into the Archive, and I hope he gets to read this board sometimes so he knows how thankful we are for every single track released we never thought would see the light of day. I truly believe for this TP fan, it's about the best TP-releated thing I have ever gotten! Even though at one time I acted like a spoiled fan, I realized how silly that was and how grateful I am about this. So, thank you once again, Dean! If I ever run into you in LA, I owe you a drink! :D
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Odds & Ends vol 3 post up at my site.

http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... vol-3.html