Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:Anyway- the "partial" clean version of "FS (Fast Cool Jazz 2)" is unfortunately missing the first 2:13 of the track. The good news is that with the addition of the intro from the "Original" or "Clarinet" version of "FS (FCJ2)", one can re-create the edited down version actually heard in the Lana/Jacoby scene.
No exactly. Someone ( :roll: ) may recreate this track using parts that survived, but the percussion solo will be false/looped. But... there is a good news: The Solo Percussion #3 is the percussion used in the Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2) - first 2:32 - an it's entire missing part. So maybe there is a way to recreate it (filtering percussion out in the partial track and then using original percussion...). It never will be original track, but it will be very close to it.

I was wrong all that time, assuming that Dean have access to the original multi-stream master tapes (with percussion, bass, etc. on separate streams). I guess that in the archive there are only final tracks (and some of them are already prepared separated streams). So some of the tracks are not available.

Anyway, the Archive is (almost was) the greatest thing ever done for the Twin Peaks fans, and I can't express my grateful for it. It was one of my biggest dreams for over 20 years and I never believed it will ever happen! But here we are... So big, Big BIG THANK YOU Dean, for your time and dedication for make it happen! I'm (and many others) am very happy man :)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:Anyway- the "partial" clean version of "FS (Fast Cool Jazz 2)" is unfortunately missing the first 2:13 of the track. The good news is that with the addition of the intro from the "Original" or "Clarinet" version of "FS (FCJ2)", one can re-create the edited down version actually heard in the Lana/Jacoby scene.
No exactly. Someone ( :roll: ) may recreate this track using parts that survived, but the percussion solo will be false/looped. But... there is a good news: The Solo Percussion #3 is the percussion used in the Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Version 2) - first 2:32 - an it's entire missing part. So maybe there is a way to recreate it (filtering percussion out in the partial track and then using original percussion...). It never will be original track, but it will be very close to it.
Yes- recreating the full track would be very hard. But I just meant the TV edit- one actually can recreate the version heard in the show. The Lana/Jacoby track runs 1:27, and using the intro from the other version, I'm pretty sure all the parts are there to match the TV edit (right?).
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
Yes- recreating the full track would be very hard. But I just meant the TV edit- one actually can recreate the version heard in the show. The Lana/Jacoby track runs 1:27, and using the intro from the other version, I'm pretty sure all the parts are there to match the TV edit (right?).
Yes. It's possible. The is intro from clarinet version and 3 pieces of the clean version. Done.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:Yes. It's possible. The is intro from clarinet version and 3 pieces of the clean version. Done.
Yep- I did this as well, and it worked. Too bad the full track is missing, but thanks Dean for releasing what was found!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:Maybe any clean versions (cough, Shelly Quits, cough)?
There is no other version. It's just crappy compression of the MySpace player made it looks like other version.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:Maybe any clean versions (cough, Shelly Quits, cough)?
There is no other version. It's just crappy compression of the MySpace player made it looks like other version.
Q is correct- the MySpace version is only a shorter edit of the released version. Nothing different.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:And so, what about released LT Light? Is it just cut repeat of LT Dark with modified sound quality? What are opinions? Q? Ross?
I compared them, and they are the same. New released version is basically an edited version with slightly better sound quality. The version heard in ep 10 where Harold gives Donna the orchid for Laura's grave in still unreleased.
Yes. It's just edited version of the "Dark" version.
Real "Light" version is still unreleased. I changed name on the list to "Bright" to avoid confusion.

"Bright" version is very similar to "Love Theme" on the OST, but last sound in the main pattern is much longer, and it ends with loooooong sound when it reach climax (sound at 3:02 of the OST version).
Ross wrote:(That version may be shorter than in the scene- the beginning section might be looped?)
Yes. It's looped at 1:05 of the screen edit (last sound of the pattern is shorted and you can hear the point where the second loop starts).

EDIT: Lists updated.
Last edited by qbin2001 on Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:And so, what about released LT Light? Is it just cut repeat of LT Dark with modified sound quality? What are opinions? Q? Ross?
I compared them, and they are the same. New released version is basically an edited version with slightly better sound quality. The version heard in ep 10 where Harold gives Donna the orchid for Laura's grave in still unreleased.
Yes. It's just edited version of the "Dark" version.
Real "Light" version is still unreleased. I'll change name on the list to "Bright" to avoid confusion.
This version is very similar to "Love Theme" on the OST, but last sound in the main pattern is much longer, and it ends with loooooong sound when it reach climax (sound at 3:02 of the OST version).
Ross wrote:(That version may be shorter than in the scene- the beginning section might be looped?)/quote]

Yes. It's looped at 1:05 of the screen edit (last sound of the pattern is shorted and you can hear the point where the second loop starts).
Plus the intro repeated sections are longer than the Original version, as if slowed down- but the pitch remains the same.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote: This version is very similar to "Love Theme" on the OST, but last sound in the main pattern is much longer, and it ends with loooooong sound when it reach climax (sound at 3:02 of the OST version).
Plus the intro repeated sections are longer than the Original version, as if slowed down- but the pitch remains the same.
It's not slowed down - like I said (your 'intro' = my 'main pattern') just last sound in the pattern is 1/2 longer (4 bass sounds in OST, 6 in the "Bright" version).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote: This version is very similar to "Love Theme" on the OST, but last sound in the main pattern is much longer, and it ends with loooooong sound when it reach climax (sound at 3:02 of the OST version).
It's not slowed down - like I said (your 'intro' = my 'main pattern') just last sound in the pattern is 1/2 longer (4 bass sounds in OST, 6 in the "Bright" version).
I see- yes its just that last sound in the main pattern that is longer. I wonder if the "Light" or "Bright" version might just be a short flute bridge (with the long climax), and if the main section in the Donna/Harold scene is just the original version with looped sections to extent that last sound in the pattern each time(?)
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

"Light" or "Bright" version might just be a short flute bridge
I mentioned it several times 8) Melody line of unreleased version is same as clarinet bridge :roll:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:
I mentioned it several times 8) Melody line of unreleased version is same as clarinet bridge :roll:
There's actually a little more to the flute part- but that might be from the original version, with a flute bridge (similar to the clarinet bridge) attached to the end. As for the main section- its hard to say if that's from the original because of the long note at the end of each repeated section. Might be looped(?)
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:
There's actually a little more to the flute part- but that might be from the original version, with a flute bridge (similar to the clarinet bridge) attached to the end. As for the main section- its hard to say if that's from the original because of the long note at the end of each repeated section. Might be looped(?)
No, no, no and once again no! :lol:

There are too many differences:
- last sound of the main pattern is longer (after close listening it seems to be 5 or 5,5 bass points of the OST version) - no clean loop possible or it would be off the rhythm. But the...
- bass punctuation on the main part (pattern) are missing or is very not regular (there is some bass, but it seems to be rather constant, or starts from time to time)
- there is no guitar (or is it very, very quiet) on the bridge part
- very long last sound of the flute when it reaches climax and there is no loop possible (when you try to loop such a short part you can clearly hear it - it sounds like "wha-wha-wha..." effects).

So this is NOT mixed original version of the Love Theme. 8)
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Man...you guys are nerds!

Ahahahha :wink:
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Cooped wrote:Man...you guys are nerds!

Ahahahha :wink: