Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Jerry Horne »

I plan on posting more later after I get back from L.A., however, I just wanted to say thank you to Dean, Angelo and David for making these releases a reality.

From the bottom of my heart - thank you.

p.s. Does this mean 'On The Air' is the next release??
Attachments
Screen shot 2012-07-13 at 12.08.26 AM.png
Screen shot 2012-07-13 at 12.08.26 AM.png (234.6 KiB) Viewed 11311 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
master468
Roadhouse Member

Post by master468 »

WOW, BOB, WOW!

An Ending: Demos And More

- Falling into Love Theme (Demo)
- Love Theme Slower and Darker (Demo)
- Slow Cool Jazz (Demo)
- Chinese Theme (Demo)
- Wide Vibrato Augmented Chords (Demo)
- Night Walk (Demo)
- Low Wide and Beautiful (Demo)
- Wide Vibrato Mood to Falling (Demo)
- Love Theme to Falling (Demo)
- Love Theme Light (Demo)
- Questions in a World of Blue (Demo)
- Love Theme from 'On The Air' (Take 4)
- Love Theme from 'On The Air' (Slow Jazz Version)
- Love Theme from 'On The Air' (Clarinet Strings)

:D
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Holy moley...I'd hoped for On theAir...but...i hadn't imagined it would be released....oh my..
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Now this sounds like a special bundle. Thanks for the incredible Twin Peaks Archive to Dean, David and Angelo, to all the more knowledgeable fans than I who helped shape it (or at least name some of it) and to all the fans of this music who, through two decades of persistence, finally enabled me to listen to Twin Peaks (Nostalgia Version), one of the greatest pieces of music ever recorded. Thanks to you all, there will indeed always be music in the air. Or on the air!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

On the basis of these beautiful On The Air tracks, I'd check out some more.

I'd also be intrigued to see this series on DVD...
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

I'm in love with the On the Air tracks.

But how good is World of Blue feat Angelo?? :D

EDIT

Also, I felt a slight tug of disappointment when i saw so many 'demos' thinking they would be rough, sketchy versions...but my God they are beautiful, and totally unexpected.

As I and countless others have said before, there is no movie or TV show that has had this as a precedent...Damn, thanks Dean, David and Angelo, and all of the many others who made the show .

Cripes, I'm off to watch FWWM. Wish me luck.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I am just blown away by the Archive as a whole. When I first became a crazed TP fan watching the Bravo reruns back in 1994, I never even dared to dream that we'd get a Season 2 soundtrack CD, let alone all of this. It's an absolute embarrassment of riches, and I would never have imagined that we'd have all of these tracks so easily available. Thank you Dean and David! And these demos are just terrific; just like we ended TP at the beginning (with the end of FWWM), so we do the same here, so it's quite poetic when you think about it! It's great to hear how all of these beautiful tracks originated, and hearing Angelo singing "Questions in a World of Blue" is such a treat.

I know I'll be savoring all of this music for years to come. If you're reading, thanks again, guys!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Unbelievable. Absolutely amazing way to end one of the greatest Twin Peaks events ever.

Dean, David, and Angelo, THANK YOU!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Dean, David, Angelo, and fellow Dugpa readers, thank you so much for the incredible journey. Amazing.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

Cant believe the Archive is over, and really that it even happened to begin with!

A huge thanks to Dean for all his time and dedication. I hope someday he can shed a little light on the whole process from his standpoint :)
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

It was exciting weekly event indeed. 15 months of six-day tedious expectations and Grand Friday's (mostly) mornings... Ovations for Dean, David and Angelo! Bravissimo! :)
And all the fans here on Dugpa, thank you! And special thanks to Q and Ross - guys, your thoroughness was really impressive at times... :wink:
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

So one thing that has me thinking... Based on the photo the demo tape that Angelo did was in 1989 for Northwest Passage. Does that mean that Questions in a World of Blue was also written at the same time as the rest of the songs?

Would have loved if each song had a written or recorded date to accompany the track.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:So one thing that has me thinking... Based on the photo the demo tape that Angelo did was in 1989 for Northwest Passage. Does that mean that Questions in a World of Blue was also written at the same time as the rest of the songs?

Would have loved if each song had a written or recorded date to accompany the track.
I think the "Questions" demo came from a later tape. The tape itself says "10 cues", and there are 10 other demo tracks besides "Questions".
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

DEniZZrus wrote:It was exciting weekly event indeed. 15 months of six-day tedious expectations and Grand Friday's (mostly) mornings... Ovations for Dean, David and Angelo! Bravissimo! :)
And all the fans here on Dugpa, thank you! And special thanks to Q and Ross - guys, your thoroughness was really impressive at times... :wink:
Thanks- same to you DEniZZrus, its been a blast sorting through, and figuring this stuff out with you guys.
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

What a perfect final release! I just want to join the chorus of voices and thank Dean, Angelo and David for this amazing gift. And also thank you to all you guys on this board - it's been a privilege to share this truly once-in-a-lifetime experience with you and to learn from all of you. Thank you!