Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Cooped »

Ross wrote:The whole "time-stretching" or slowing down the music to make different soundscapes idea is very cool. I wonder how rare or innovative that was? Its not something I'm aware of other scores utilizing. But I could be wrong. They certainly created some cool stuff by doing that. And some of the credit must go to the music editor as well. I'm thinking some tracks like "White Lodge Rumble" were probably always meant to be slowed for use. But it may have been the music editor who decided to "create" the slowed down versions of "The Mill Deal", "Hank's Theme", etc.

I imagine it's fairly common, not sure. Apparently, the entire Inception soundtrack is a mega slowed version of Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien which i guess is a fascinating layer
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

coolspringsj wrote:I almost screamed when I saw the title this morning on DL.com. :lol:

The Lowest Circle in Hell title is an interesting tidbit and this track is very dark, but the White Lodge Rumble title goes better with what is occurring onscreen with the benevolent giant trying to help Coop solve the puzzle. Not to mention the name came from this here site. :)

Track is the longest one yet in the Archives! I feel like its companion is Circumference of a Circle and not BLR. Speaking of CoaC, that track title sounds awkward to me and I think I'm going to change the name to Don't Take the Ring (an ode to DoppelCoop telling Laura this in her dream/vision).

What all track titles have you changed and to what just for your personal collection? There's nothing wrong with the original titles, it's just a little creative geeky fun.

Plus guys, keep throwing what you want in detail out there. They are obviously reading this site for input. Excelent release, Dean! Bravo! WLR embodies and is iconic of the long season 2 opening scene.

Will the Giants Theme be released separate or will that have WLR as a part of its mix?
I agree WLR is an amazing track already one of my favorites. I renamed "Philip Jeffries Theme" (the extended version) to "Inside A Dream". I really hope there is a stand-alone or alternate track(s) for "The Red Room" it has grown on me a lot with repeated listens.
The black dog runs at night.
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

whew I'm a few days behind on this because of a crazy work schedule..just listening to WLR now..man oh man..do I ever feel spoiled every time a new gem is released..and my honor being among others who appreciate these tracks as much as I do!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:
So, it's became clear The Giant's Visit (or The Giant Visits Cooper) is separate theme. Hope we'll get it sooner or later!
Hmm... I listened it again... and seems like I was wrong :| Looks like the Giant's theme is a mix:
dark synth chorus sound effect and then - looped part of WLR + looped ringing sound effect.
Yeah- what we call "Giant's Theme" is most probably just the ringing sound effect, which itself is possibly looped. We might get an effects bundle at some point though, including this, the different scary sounds, and the few dark synth tones heard (like in the scene where Leland pockets the fox fur in Ben's office).

There does seem to be a part in the Cooper shot scene right before the ringing effect that I don't think is part of WLR either(?)
Yes.
There are in fact two Giant's themes:
- Giant's Theme - ringing effect
- Giant Appears - dark synth chorus sound effect (added to the list).

Let's hope we'll get it in the "Sounds Effects Bundle" (Dean, you know that we want it?).

WLR is fantastic! And I must say I love original name for this track!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:And there is interesting descending passage from 10:13. I believe I've heard it in the series. But I don't remember where is exactly... :roll:
I don't recall it in the series (Who will find it in the series first? Let's start the challenge! :D ). It's slowed down violin passage.
I must say that WLR sound great after speed up. I still have hope that at the end, Dean will release original versions of the slow/half speed tracks - some of them are really masterpieces!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:And there is interesting descending passage from 10:13. I believe I've heard it in the series. But I don't remember where is exactly... :roll:
I don't recall it in the series (Who will find it in the series first? Let's start the challenge! :D ). It's slowed down violin passage.
I don't remember hearing it. When I first listened to WLR, that part stuck out as something unfamiliar to me. But I just might not remember it.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:There are in fact two Giant's themes:
- Giant's Theme - ringing effect
- Giant Appears - dark synth chorus sound effect (added to the list).

Let's hope we'll get it in the "Sounds Effects Bundle" (Dean, you know that we want it?).
In addition to those, it would be great to get the "Scary sounds", and also the continuous tone "Nerve Sounds/Dark Sounds".
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

bosguy1981, I love your title "Under the Fan" and I "borrowed" it for my personal collection as well. That image in the LP household is just chock full of supernatural danger bleeding into the "real world".
It also reminds me of FWWM when the creamed corn Tremond boy says "He is under the fan right now." :shock:

I don't believe there will be any 3rd season music lying around because I thought the writing was on the wall TP was going to get cancelled with about 6 episodes left in Season 2. :cry:

However, maybe there are other tracks or outtakes they created during Season 2 and just never got around to using for whatever reason. I'm sure anything created prior to and during the Pilot and Season 1 was probably all used by the end of Season 2.

FWWM could have some different versions of exisiting released tracks still out there and I don'tknow if the deleted scenes were scored or not. If so, they could have different music (especially Truman strumming the guitar to Josie :lol: ).

I would also like to hear all of the slow speed songs sped up out of curiosity.

After literally every track Dean can find has been released, I want all of the sound effects in a giant bundle, and I love the main menu screens of the Gold Box DVDs where it appears you are looking at a live shot of Twin Peaks from the Sheriff's station, Big Ed's Gas Farm, One Eyed Jack's, Roadhouse, etc., that all have background ambient noise. This bundle could be soundscapes to fall asleep to if you have insomnia :lol: Although they might have been created and owned by CBS :evil:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

coolspringsj wrote:However, maybe there are other tracks or outtakes they created during Season 2 and just never got around to using for whatever reason.
Yes. There are at least few unused tracks/versions still unreleased. :wink:
coolspringsj wrote:I would also like to hear all of the slow speed songs sperd up out of curiosity.
Yes! Yes! Yes!
coolspringsj wrote:After literally every track Dean can find has been released, I want all of the sound effects in a giant bundle, and I love the main menu screens of the Gold Box DVDs where it appears you are looking at a live shot of Twin Peaks from the Sheriff's station, Big Ed's Gas Farm, One Eyed Jack's, Roadhouse, etc., that all have background ambient noise. This bundle could be soundscapes to fall asleep to if you have insomnia :lol: Although they might have been created and owned by CBS :evil:
Yes! Yes! Yes!

And I hope that DVD's sounds are in the archive (but probably not).
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Here is an updated list. I'm not 100% sure every one of these will be released, but on a positive note, I bet there will be releases that are not on this list. :P

Audrey (TV)
Back to Missoula
Bob's Dance
Dance of The Dream Man (mute solo)
Dick Tremayne's Swing
Dugpas
Evelyn's Mourning (#1)
Evelyn's Mourning (#2)
Flute (Audrey's Walk)
Jacques's Beats
James & Evelyn
Jean Renault
Leland's Dance
Leo Attacks Bobby
Llama Country
Love (dark)
One-Armed Man & Jean Renault (mix)
One-Eyed Jack's (Such Stuff as Dreams are Made of...)
One-Eyed Jack's Parlor Country
Packard Vibration (TV)
Pale Horse
Percussion Hi-Hats
Percussion #4
Shelly (TV)
Sneaky Audrey - The Chip
Spelunking
Red Room
Swan (instrumental)
Leland's Remorse
You Killed Mike
Laura's Dark Boogie (clean)
Laura Palmer (echo)
Last edited by coolspringsj on Thu Mar 29, 2012 9:26 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Take a listen to the first use of "Drug Dead Blues" (in episode 9, about 33 minutes into the episode, with Shelly and Bobby listening to the radio in the car). Doesn't this sound like an alternate version of the track? It's a little more subdued and even seems a bit slower.

The version used in episode 13 (Bobby and Shelly's party for Leo) actually sounds like the version released on the 2007 Season Two & More soundtrack.
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

coolspringsj wrote:Here is an updated list. I'm not 100% sure every one of these will be released, but on a positive note, I bet there will be releases that are not on this list. :P

Attack Of The Pine Weasel
Audrey (Clean TV Version)
Audrey (Audrey’s Investigation Version)
Audrey’s Dance (Clean)
Audrey’s Dance (Clean Fast)
Audrey’s Dance (Fast Flute)
Audrey’s Dance (Solo Synth)
Audrey’s Dance (Synth & Solo Synth)
Audrey’s Prayer (Earle Flute Version)
Ben Comes Marching Home (Various Versions)
Ben’s Lament
Big Band
Clarinet Freestyle (One-Armed Man Theme)
Dick Tremayne’s Swing
Dugpas
Earle’s Theme 2 (Audrey’s Walk)
Evelyn’s Mourning
Freshly Squeezed (Clean)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Clean)
Freshly Squeezed (Fast Cool Jazz Solo Vibraphone)
Great Northern Piano Tune #2 (Extended/Full)
Great Northern Piano Tune #4
Harold’s Theme (Harpsichord)
James & Evelyn
Laura Palmer’s Theme (Piano & Strings Bridge)
Leo Attacks Bobby
Love Theme (Dark)
Love Theme (Light)
Lydecker Clinic
One-Eyed Jack's Parlor Music
Packards’ Vibration (Original TV Version)
Percussion Hi-Hats
The Red Room (Stand-Alone)
Sneaky Audrey (Reprise)
Sneaky Audrey (Solo Synth)
Solo Baritone Clarinet (Jean Renault’s Theme)
Solo Percussion 4
Stair Music/Danger Theme (Full Version)
“Such Stuff As Dreams Are Made Of” (Bridge)
The Swan (Instrumental)
Twin Peaks (Solo Harp)
Wedding Song No 1
Wedding Song No 2
Wedding Song No 3
Leland's Remorse
You Killed Mike
Laura's Dark Boogie (clean)
Laura Palmer's Theme (echo)
There are one or two more slow-speed orchestral tracks too. "Windom Earle's First Kill" (used at the end of episode 20) sounds very cool. And there's one listed as "Back to Missoula" that can be heard briefly during Maddy's murder. I wonder if these two could even be different parts of just one slow-speed track. Hopefully we'll find out soon. :D
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Half Heart (On the Air version)
Jacques's Beats (sound effect-?)
Leland's Dance
Pale Horse
Shelly (clean)
Sneaky Audrey (alternate)
Spelunking (bridge-?)
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
kyuzo
Roadhouse Member

Post by kyuzo »

I like Owl Cave at Half-Speed. The Black Dog Runs At Night (Half-Speed) is also very good, it has a haunting ambient sound. It sounds like I can faintly hear parts of Northsea Wind playing in the background.
The black dog runs at night.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

kyuzo wrote:I like Owl Cave at Half-Speed. The Black Dog Runs At Night (Half-Speed) is also very good, it has a haunting ambient sound. It sounds like I can faintly hear parts of Northsea Wind playing in the background.
Yes- I FINALLY just discovered that the Blackie scenes in episode 8 are "owl Cave" at half speed! I think I might actually like it better that way!!