Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
mixomatosis wrote:That is outstanding. The next track can't possibly beat that, can it?
There are many unreleased tracks that can beat that. Can't wait for next one!
Have to agree with qbin on this one. "Nightsea Wind" is a nice enough track, but there are many I'm looking more forward to. "Annie & Cooper" was probably my 'holy grail' though.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mixomatosis
Roadhouse Member

Post by mixomatosis »

Now, you see, to me, that is my holy grail of TP music. But then I'm a sucker for meandering ambience. So this, not to mention all these "experiments", suit me down to the ground...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Speaking of meandering ambience, I really hope we get a solo version of 'Dark Mood Woods'. In the episode (29) version, it really has some interesting synth passages. The cd mix was way too brief and of course mixed into 'The Red Room'.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Speaking of meandering ambience, I really hope we get a solo version of 'Dark Mood Woods'. In the episode (29) version, it really has some interesting synth passages. The cd mix was way too brief and of course mixed into 'The Red Room'.
I have a very good feeling they're going to release "Dark Mood Woods" and "The Red Room" as complete, separate tracks. I don't know why. But I have this feeling they're just going to make all kinds of goodies available in this Twin Peaks Archive.

And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?

Anybody want to venture a guess as to the next song they release? I have a feeling it's going to be something from Season 1... maybe Hank's Theme, or the Jonathan/Josie music? ;)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

bosguy1981 wrote:And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?
"I'm Hurt Bad" is the first part of the song- actually only the first 38 seconds of it. Its the song that Bobby pays on the jukebox in the pilot, and James plays at Wallies. The rest of the track is "James & Evelyn's Theme" (not an official title). There is also more to this theme than appears on the hybrid track. I really have no idea why they released it the way they did. I really hope we get full versions of both tracks!

AND a full "Dark Mood Woods".
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

There are so many possibilities for the next one. I'll guess 'The Norwegians'. Maybe one of the many variations of 'Audrey's Dance'?
iar
RR Diner Member

Post by iar »

Ross wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?
"I'm Hurt Bad" is the first part of the song- actually only the first 38 seconds of it. Its the song that Bobby pays on the jukebox in the pilot, and James plays at Wallies. The rest of the track is "James & Evelyn's Theme" (not an official title). There is also more to this theme than appears on the hybrid track. I really have no idea why they released it the way they did. I really hope we get full versions of both tracks!

I would absolutely love the full version of I'm Hurt Bad. I've always LOVED that track, so that's probably my holy grail. 38 seconds is nowhere near enough. I was gutted when I got the Season 2 soundtrack and it didn't have a longer version.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

iar wrote:
Ross wrote:

I would absolutely love the full version of I'm Hurt Bad. I've always LOVED that track, so that's probably my holy grail. 38 seconds is nowhere near enough. I was gutted when I got the Season 2 soundtrack and it didn't have a longer version.
Yeah- it really made no sense to release it like that. Both tracks got short changed. Hopefully we will see full versions released.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:AND a full "Dark Mood Woods".
Oh yeeeees! Please!

I've waited so many years for this track, and was so disappointed when I heard OST2 version!
I absolutely love this little change in this track at the end of ep. 29 when Cooper is at the mirror.
This is my holy grail - long full version of Dark Woods!
Please DL.com, please!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:There are so many possibilities for the next one. I'll guess 'The Norwegians'. Maybe one of the many variations of 'Audrey's Dance'?
Or one of many, many, many versions of "Freshly Squeezed" or "Dance of the Dream Man".
Cymbals, clarinet (soprano and baritone), saxophone versions - solo versions, band versions and without solo versions, Fast and slow versions. I just want them all! :-)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:I just want them all! :-)
Me too!!! And I know I'm being greedy- but I wish they'd speed up their release schedule. They could release 1 or 2 tracks a week for two years at this rate.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

New tune on dl.com - Freshly Squeezed (Bass Clarinet)

Also, check out my new blog of TP soundtrack art I've made:

Thanks!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Woo-hoo!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 9.51.12 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 9.51.12 PM.png (108.81 KiB) Viewed 10761 times
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Woo-hoo!
Oh yeah... I have a good hunch ;-)

Next track.... maybe big-band from party for Islanders?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Woo-hoo!
Oh yeah... I have a good hunch ;-)

Next track.... maybe big-band from party for Islanders?
You nailed that prediction! Is the Bass Clarinet version on the ******* ***? There were a few I know...
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.