Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by Ross »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:Good bundle, and well priced. Great Northern Piano Tune #3 has a real Guaraldi Peanuts vibe to it.

Odd that Twin Peaks Theme (solo piano) isn't the one that was on Angelo's MySpace page ahead of the Season 2 release (which was the version included in the FWWM Montage). This Ed and Norma version is great to have, and fingers crossed the other, more heart-rending version will still see release in a Montage Pack, if they can do one.
I totally agree about the Vince Guaraldi/Peanuts vibe on #3!! I thought so the second I started playing it.

Also, the piano track that was on Badalamenti's MySpace page was the Love Theme (Laura Palmer's Theme). This one is the TP Theme. And I'm with you- my fingers are still crossed for a FWWM Montage pack.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

D'oh! You know that I know that. Or I would have, if I'd thought about it.

So much TP music now it's getting confusing!

What I should have said was, while they're releasing piano bundles, let's have the Montage Pack next!
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:And I'm with you- my fingers are still crossed for a FWWM Montage pack.
I totally join this chorus of wishes: full Girl Talk, Birds In Hell, and the long-awaited Laura's Theme (Piano Solo) for the win!!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Another great Bundle - I love when they releases bundles!
And they resolve PayPal problems too :)

I must say that after release of "Dark Wood Moods" I was first happy, and then a little disappointed (it isn't fantastic version we can hear in the beginning of episode 29 :( - I don't believe we'll ever get this 6:30 min. mix if it's not in archive - if you dl.com makers read this, please give us a note if this version is in your possession or not). The RR Swing never was my favorite track, but this bundle makes me hunger for more!

So thank you, dl.com!

GN Tune 3 is the best of this bundle, but I love them all :-)

PS: Ross, you know what we waiting for ;-)
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

If anyone want to know it's 1h34m12s of released music in archive yet! Amazing!
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

Every week it's almost like a dream come true. This music is so amazing and releases like these are largely unheard of.

I'm sure others feel the same, I will buy every scrap of twin peaks music DL.com releases, as well as the other great stuff (like "And Still" for example).

If DL.com are indeed viewing the forum, my heartfelt thanks and most sincere appreciation for these releases!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:PS: Ross, you know what we waiting for ;-)
Here you go:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... thern.html
:D
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

My updated wish list:

- Audrey's Prayer (Alternate Version) (episode 17 - Audrey says goodbye to Cooper)
Harold's Theme bundle:
- Harold's Theme (Alternate Version) (episode 18 - Josie tells Truman about her past)
AND - A longer version (than on the second soundtrack) of Harold's Theme with the extended bits heard during his storyline
- John Justice Wheeler's Theme
- Full version of "James & Evelyn"
- The theme played for most of Josie's scenes in her final episode (Josie & Andrew toast "to beginnings... AND endings")
- Full versions of the songs from the FWWM montage: "Girl Talk", "Birds In Hell" and the piano version of "LP's Theme"
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

If you are in fact reading davidlynch.commers, thank you so much for these. I never thought we'd get that Season 2 Music & More soundtrack a few years ago, let alone all this. It's truly an embarrassment of TP riches.

By the way, the one track I'm surprised we still haven't gotten actually is "The Norwegians." That's such a quintessential moment from the pilot. And I'm still holding out for any and all further variations on "Audrey's Prayer"... :)
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:PS: Ross, you know what we waiting for ;-)
Here you go:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... thern.html
:D
I LOVE IT! :)
T P 20
RR Diner Member

Post by T P 20 »

Dean is the man!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:I LOVE IT! :)
Thanks Q!!!!!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Great work Ross! Also hope that the instrumental version of Sycamore Trees is part of a FWWM bundle.

Can't wait to hear what may come next week.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:Great work Ross! Also hope that the instrumental version of Sycamore Trees is part of a FWWM bundle.

Can't wait to hear what may come next week.
Thanks! And I'd love an Instrumental Sycamore Trees as well. I absolutely love Jimmy Scott's vocal- but that version belongs to the series (even though its on the FWWM soundtrack). I do wonder if an instrumental version was created or if they just scrubbed out the vocals. You can actually hear them in the movie REALLY faintly. I'd also love an instrumental (of the original) Just You, as its used in a few scenes in the series (more than I had remembered).
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Here's what I'm hoping for soon:

Josie's Fate (bundle) - The Laura Palmer Theme gets the most experimentation of all the musical themes in the show, so much so that it sometimes spawns a whole subsection containing similar and yet slightly different variations. One group comes under the banner of what I'm calling Josie's Fate, so called because arguably its most well-known variation becomes the dominant musical identity of Episode 23, in scenes that depict the declining prospects of Josie. (This same variation is played in Episode 16, when James gives Donna a ring).

John Justice Wheeler's Theme

Plotting (bundle) Leo and Ben discuss the plan to burn down the mill. A slower, darker version of this appears in Episode 13, when Jonathan pressures Josie to return to Hong Kong and Mr. Eckhardt
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM