Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: David Lynch.com Twin Peaks Music Official Thread

Post by underthefan »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Cooped wrote: What other FWWM music has not been released (besides the tracks in the Montage)?
Well there's the "RR Swing." Also, the guitar licks that are played when James visits Laura in front of her home but who knows -- that may not even be a full piece of music, maybe just some bits that were added during post-production. I can't think of any others, actually.
I would LOVE that James/Laura track! Also, what about the music from Laura & Harold scene?

Bring on more music from FWWM!!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

underthefan wrote:Bring on more music from FWWM!!
And more music from the series!!! :D
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
lindseylee

Post by lindseylee »

Wow. Mysterioso was oh so mysterioso!!!!! I love it. I agree, the film versions are my favorites and a strings only version of the song would be incredible. The stings are what make that piece so powerful. Also, is it true that the powers that be are actually watching this board for requests? If so, crossing my fingers for Miss Twin Peaks Pageant and Sycamore Trees instrumental.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Finished updating my site with artwork for all releases. Bring on more Archive tracks!!

"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Ross wrote:Finished updating my site with artwork for all releases. Bring on more Archive tracks!!

Ross, your artwork is gorgeous! I just added it to my iPod. Keep up the good work!
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

bosguy1981 wrote:
Cooped wrote: What other FWWM music has not been released (besides the tracks in the Montage)?
Well there's the "RR Swing." Also, the guitar licks that are played when James visits Laura in front of her home but who knows -- that may not even be a full piece of music, maybe just some bits that were added during post-production. I can't think of any others, actually.

Unless you include the music that was playing during Laura's murder scene in the traincar. But I assume that was an existing piece of music and not something that will be released on DL.com, right?

However, I really hope the slow orchestra music that's contained in the film version mix of "Mysterioso" gets released as its own track.

The music played during Lauras Murder is Luigi Cherubini's Agnus Dei from Requiem No 1 in C Minor. It is ultra rare though and I could never find it any store. Never the less I acquired it through my library of all things. It is a long song, and only about 1 minutes is actually used. I myself have edited it down to be more like the track used in the movie but if someone here does find the track it the piece used in the train car begins at 2:50.

Not sure the policy on music that is not from David Lynch, Angelo or Cruise so I wont post anything here unless someone in charge says it is ok. Considering it is very rare I thought someone might be interested.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

kingsoprano718 wrote: The music played during Lauras Murder is Luigi Cherubini's Agnus Dei from Requiem No 1 in C Minor. It is ultra rare though and I could never find it any store. Never the less I acquired it through my library of all things. It is a long song, and only about 1 minutes is actually used. I myself have edited it down to be more like the track used in the movie but if someone here does find the track it the piece used in the train car begins at 2:50.

Not sure the policy on music that is not from David Lynch, Angelo or Cruise so I wont post anything here unless someone in charge says it is ok. Considering it is very rare I thought someone might be interested.
There are several CD with Cherubini's Requiem (different performances).
The music used in FWWM (and the best one I've heard) was performed by Ambrosian Chorus Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Riccardo Mutti.

It's released on double CD with Verdi's Requiem (I don't like it, Cherubini's is better IMO). It's out of stock but if someone is interested, you can buy mp3 on:

http://www.amazon.com/Verdi-Requiem-Che ... 541&sr=1-2

As kingsoprano718 said they used only piece of last song "Agnus Dei" (but all Requiem is great!).
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

underthefan wrote:
Ross wrote:Finished updating my site with artwork for all releases. Bring on more Archive tracks!!

Ross, your artwork is gorgeous! I just added it to my iPod. Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much!! I appreciate it. I'm really glad people are enjoying them.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

qbin2001 wrote:
kingsoprano718 wrote: The music played during Lauras Murder is Luigi Cherubini's Agnus Dei from Requiem No 1 in C Minor. It is ultra rare though and I could never find it any store. Never the less I acquired it through my library of all things. It is a long song, and only about 1 minutes is actually used. I myself have edited it down to be more like the track used in the movie but if someone here does find the track it the piece used in the train car begins at 2:50.

There are several CD with Cherubini's Requiem (different performances).
The music used in FWWM (and the best one I've heard) was performed by Ambrosian Chorus Philharmonia Orchestra conducted by Riccardo Mutti.

It's released on double CD with Verdi's Requiem (I don't like it, Cherubini's is better IMO). It's out of stock but if someone is interested, you can buy mp3 on:

http://www.amazon.com/Verdi-Requiem-Che ... 541&sr=1-2

As kingsoprano718 said they used only piece of last song "Agnus Dei" (but all Requiem is great!).

Wow it has been years since I searched, I got this in 2005. Ill be looking into this version to compare. Thanks!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Just up:
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 8.59.07 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-04-25 at 8.59.07 PM.png (166.92 KiB) Viewed 8684 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Guy Quenneville wrote:
TheArm wrote:
Guy Quenneville wrote:
-- then there's what I consider to be the classic season one variation of it, a clean version of which has never really been released (it's kind of in the first track of the season two soundtrack, but combined with a number of other textures.) I'm talking about the variation that plays, for instance, in the scene from episode one when Hawk follows The One-Armed Man down to the morgue
How is this different from the "Laura Palmer's Theme" featured on the original soundtrack?
There's a subtle difference in the first part of the theme, before the piano "climax", as Badalamenti called it: whereas the original soundtrack version is all synth, in the show it was often punctuated by the plucking of guitar strings.

Small difference, but to my ear, it's noticeable. Then again, I'm obsessed!
New release from dl.com!!! "Love Theme (Alternate Version)" & "Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)"

"Love Theme (Alternate Version)"
Is this the version you were talking about? I'm thinking it is.

For me the real gem of the release is "Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)"
Does anyone remember when this was played?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm downloading now. Could this be the version we hear during the Pilot when Coop questions Donna?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm downloading now. Could this be the version we hear during the Pilot when Coop questions Donna?
You are correct!!! It is this version from the pilot. Absolutely beautiful & I can't believe that they didn't use it more!! Was this the only time it showed up I wonder?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I'm downloading now. Could this be the version we hear during the Pilot when Coop questions Donna?
You are correct!!! It is this version from the pilot. Absolutely beautiful & I can't believe that they didn't use it more!! Was this the only time it showed up I wonder?
Qbin will know! I'm not sure myself...
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

qbin2001 wrote:I cant download it correctly :( Will try again when I get back from work. :(((
I am also having a problem downloading it correctly. My computer keeps telling me that something is wrong with the archive file. Anyone else having any trouble?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"