Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

underthefan
Great Northern Member

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Post by underthefan »

qbin2001 wrote:Damn! I can't buy it. I got the message "The billing address's country is ineligible for purchase of the offer you have selected." I have no problems with other songs. What the hell is going on? :( :( :(

Edit: Paypal didn't work. Credit Card did.
Yeah, I got the same message. Very strange. First time I've had problems purchasing from the site.

But YAY for RR Swing. Love this little track! And looking forward to Ross' cover for this one - please include Laura in it, this is her jam, not Shelly's!
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Auggeo wrote:Nice tune. Already dowloaded into my ipod. Can see why it wasn't included in the official soundtrack, though...it goes way off FWWM traditional sound.
But we can see the whole effort given to the soundtrack. Its amazing the importance that lynch gives to music and sound. There are so different genres, and so many tunes. Now, we have noir jazz (dont do anything i wouldn't do), ambience (nightsea wind), rap (real indication), grunge (pink room and blue frank), classic jazz (pine float), and simply weird out tunes (black dog runs at night).
Overall, what a compelling soundtrack.
I think that, with this release, we are only missing three tunes from FWWM: Philip jeffries theme, alternative FWWM intro and sycamore trees (instrumental version).
And I agree with Auggeo - the sheer, vast variety of musical genres and directions in FWWM is what makes this soundtrack more exciting to me than the series one. But there are definitely many more tracks left unreleased, including many of the dark themes interwoven throughout the film. I would LOVE to have those as much as you guys would love alternate Audrey's Prayer(s), Great Northern Piano music, Owl Cave, Miss Twin Peaks and other series tunes! :P
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

underthefan wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:Damn! I can't buy it. I got the message "The billing address's country is ineligible for purchase of the offer you have selected." I have no problems with other songs. What the hell is going on? :( :( :(

Edit: Paypal didn't work. Credit Card did.
Yeah, I got the same message. Very strange. First time I've had problems purchasing from the site.

But YAY for RR Swing. Love this little track! And looking forward to Ross' cover for this one - please include Laura in it, this is her jam, not Shelly's!
I got the same error. I opened a ticket with Topspin - we'll see what they say. It's never been a problem before. In the meantime, I keep playing it over and over on the website. I love it, though I have to say it's not what I expected. Based on the opening phrase (sans percussion) as heard in the movie, I expected something a little stranger.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

underthefan wrote:But YAY for RR Swing. Love this little track! And looking forward to Ross' cover for this one - please include Laura in it, this is her jam, not Shelly's!
Thanks!! :D

Here's my art for "RR Swing":
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... -fwwm.html
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

I've had a couple e-mail exchanges with Topspin and they're still working on fixing the PayPal error.
ARNIE

Post by ARNIE »

When all the songs on this CD are released it will wind up being one of the most expensive CDs ever :shock:
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Post by underthefan »

Ross wrote:
underthefan wrote:But YAY for RR Swing. Love this little track! And looking forward to Ross' cover for this one - please include Laura in it, this is her jam, not Shelly's!
Thanks!! :D

Here's my art for "RR Swing":
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogsp ... -fwwm.html
Beautiful, Ross! That's exactly how I imagined it!!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

underthefan wrote:Beautiful, Ross! That's exactly how I imagined it!!
Thanks!! Very appreciated. So much fun being a TP fan right now. I've dreamed of having these tunes for so long!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

dugpa wrote:I'm pulling for RR pack 2 with RR Swing and RR Main Theme
Well- we got half that wish!! Sure hope we get the main RR eventually!!
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

Post by BookhouseBoyBob »

Ross wrote:The film version of RR Swing didn't have the added tink-tink percussion.
actually, I checked today..very subtle, but present
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

rmaiolo wrote:
Ross wrote:The film version of RR Swing didn't have the added tink-tink percussion.
actually, I checked today..very subtle, but present

on another listen just now..I feel the bass is barely audible, less so than the drum
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I agree that I also can hear the high hat and side stick in the film version but I'm thinking they rolled off on the highs when applying EQ to the film version and the track that was released is the unaltered original element.
BookhouseBoyBob
Site Admin

dugpa wrote:I agree that I also can hear the high hat and side stick in the film version but I'm thinking they rolled off on the highs when applying EQ to the film version and the track that was released is the unaltered original element.
agreed
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

cant help but feel greedy and hope this 'new music every tuesday' continues for a long long while. so cool DL is doing this. 8)
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

My favourite so far has got to be "Nightsea Wind". It just feels so much more 'peaksy' than a lot of the others (except for the alternative versions of the main themes we all know and love, obviously). I'm quite a completist, so it is nice having all that's available though.

I find it interesting how people are split down the middle in terms of the songs they're most looking forward to. Some like the darker, eerier, more atmospheric songs, especially ones from FWWM; whilst the others appreciate the more stand-up melody driven songs and alternative versions of the main soundtrack. It seems that duality is prevalent in more than just the show itself! :D

Oh... roll on Tuesday!

EDIT: Thanks Ross for the images to all the tracks, they look amazing on an iPad as the tracks change! Hopefully, if people really are monitoring here, you'll get scooped up on a design job! ;)