Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: David Lynch.com Twin Peaks Music Official Thread

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:
Guy Quenneville wrote:
-- then there's what I consider to be the classic season one variation of it, a clean version of which has never really been released (it's kind of in the first track of the season two soundtrack, but combined with a number of other textures.) I'm talking about the variation that plays, for instance, in the scene from episode one when Hawk follows The One-Armed Man down to the morgue

There's a subtle difference in the first part of the theme, before the piano "climax", as Badalamenti called it: whereas the original soundtrack version is all synth, in the show it was often punctuated by the plucking of guitar strings.

Small difference, but to my ear, it's noticeable. Then again, I'm obsessed!
New release from dl.com!!! "Love Theme (Alternate Version)" & "Love Theme (Solo Rhodes)"

"Love Theme (Alternate Version)"
Is this the version you were talking about? I'm thinking it is.
No. It's not ;-)
No?

I was actually hoping it was going to be the version with the piano twinkles that was featured in the Jacoby coconut scene. Hope we still see that version released.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'm actually very encouraged by what I see so far, especially the bundle releases. The fact that they are releasing multiple versions of songs bodes well for the future.

I hope they start releasing bundles of some of the shorter cues and 'stings'. Some of the songs are between 10 and 60 seconds and it would be a shame if they were ignored. Maybe 'Short Cues #1' etc...

Will we start to see any of the source cues? I'm talking about Double RR, Lydecker Clinic and One Eyed Jacks's etc...

I have a litmus test to determine if we are getting every track. One of the most obscure tracks heard in the series is in the scene where Norma and Hank fix up the Double RR because they think a food critic is showing up. Of course in reality it is a DA who orders a burger. The background source cue is not your normal country tune but a mock French sounding tune. If we get that song (and I pray we do because I'm a Twin Peaks freak) then we know we will get it all!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:I was actually hoping it was going to be the version with the piano twinkles that was featured in the Jacoby coconut scene. Hope we still see that version released.
I was hoping to. Can't wait for this version.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm actually very encouraged by what I see so far, especially the bundle releases. The fact that they are releasing multiple versions of songs bodes well for the future.
I would love to have bundles with Freshly Squeezed/Audrey's Dance/Dream of the Dream Man version with sax/flute/cymbals solos attached.
Jerry Horne wrote: I hope they start releasing bundles of some of the shorter cues and 'stings'. Some of the songs are between 10 and 60 seconds and it would be a shame if they were ignored. Maybe 'Short Cues #1' etc...
Me too. There's so much different music in Twin Peaks!
Last edited by qbin2001 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

qbin2001 wrote:Still, I can't get it mine. Damn! I send report on TopSpin support. I hope it'll help.
Got links from TopSpin (only for mp3's. I hope they'll send me also to mp4 versions!) 8)

Got mp4 version also! Great support!
Last edited by qbin2001 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote: No. It's not ;-) There was Laura Palmer's Theme with guitar punctation also.
Now I know the version you guys are talking about!! I love the guitar punctuations in that version- Hope we see it (and the Jacoby version) released as well.
Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Could this be the version we hear during the Pilot when Coop questions Donna?
You are correct!!! It is this version from the pilot. Absolutely beautiful & I can't believe that they didn't use it more!! Was this the only time it showed up I wonder?
Qbin will know! I'm not sure myself...
qbin2001 wrote:Yes. Only in pilot.
Thanks Qbin!!! Its such a lovely version. I'm suprised they didn't use it more!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:(and I pray we do because I'm a Twin Peaks freak)
Jerry, "We're all like that"
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:Its such a lovely version. I'm suprised they didn't use it more!
I'm surprised they never used longer version of Love Theme with piano. Few seconds only.
Ross wrote:
Oh yes... I want every single cue from Twin Peaks.

My top-wanted tracks:

1. Dark Woods Mood (full version)
2. Love Theme (with piano) - used in the beginning of the ep. 7
3. Bookhouse Boys (full version) - the longest was used in ep 26 - Miss TP Contest Judge's session when Mike talks to Bobby.)
Last edited by qbin2001 on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Well, let's hope so! I hope they are selling a bunch of these tracks to be able to continue. I wish Lynch would promote these a bit more on his Twitter account. Then again, the last time he did that, the server at dl.com crashed!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Ross wrote:
Well, let's hope so! I hope they are selling a bunch of these tracks to be able to continue. I wish Lynch would promote these a bit more on his Twitter account. Then again, the last time he did that, the server at dl.com crashed!
I do wonder about the sales of these. Or even how MUCH they need to sell in order to consider it profitable. Obviously, there's all of us here, but that's not real big numbers.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:Its such a lovely version. I'm suprised they didn't use it more!
I'm surprised they never used longer version of Laura Palmer's Theme with piano. Few seconds only.
Ross wrote:
Oh yes... I want every single cue from Twin Peaks.
I'm serious! Every. Single. Cue.

My dream has always been to have a complete soundtrack in chronological order by episode.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

God I love davidlynch.com.

Still praying for the full "Dark Mood Woods!" That's totally a track from Lynch's work on the show and FWWM (and it's the theme for ALL the Log Lady intros, which he did), so I feel like this is a likely candidate, hopefully? I also really love the music from Leland's wake, but somehow I feel like this one is a little less likely...
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

TheArm wrote:God I love davidlynch.com.

Still praying for the full "Dark Mood Woods!" That's totally a track from Lynch's work on the show and FWWM (and it's the theme for ALL the Log Lady intros, which he did), so I feel like this is a likely candidate, hopefully? I also really love the music from Leland's wake, but somehow I feel like this one is a little less likely...
I was hoping for "Dark Mood Woods" on sunday (Easter)- I thought it was a good tie-in since the Miss TP episode took place on Easter (well... not on the show, but in TP's time-line). And hopefully we'll at least get the alt version of "Audrey's Prayer" from Audrey's goodbye to Coop- its used as part of the mix from Leland's wake. I think the wake scene uses it mixed with other elements. Not sure if it exists that way in the archives, or if they'd have to recreate it.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
TheArm wrote:God I love davidlynch.com.

I was hoping for "Dark Mood Woods" on sunday (Easter)- I thought it was a good tie-in since the Miss TP episode took place on Easter (well... not on the show, but in TP's time-line). And hopefully we'll at least get the alt version of "Audrey's Prayer" from Audrey's goodbye to Coop- its used as part of the mix from Leland's wake. I think the wake scene uses it mixed with other elements. Not sure if it exists that way in the archives, or if they'd have to recreate it.
I think that Leland's Wake is basicaly background of Audrey Says Goodbye version without solo in some parts. I'd love to have it as one long track (without percussion used in Leland's Wake). I don't believe there is "full version" of this. I think that they have two cues: solo and background music, combined into one (with added percussion solo) while scoring episode.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:I'm serious! Every. Single. Cue.
You're. Not. The. Only. One. Who. Wants. That! ;)