Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

bosguy1981
Posts: 615
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby bosguy1981 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:41 am

bosguy1981 wrote:There's a piece played in these three scenes that sounded pretty similar to me. Do you think this is one unreleased track?

Episode 14 - As Leland grabs Maddy's hair, "You're going back to Missoula," and slams her into the painting.
Episode 20 - Cooper and Truman look at the dead vagrant (mixed with Unease Motif and two Scary Sounds)
Episode 23 - Camera moves towards nightstand drawer, Josie's face appears (mixed with White Lodge Rumble and Windom Earle's Motif)


I just used my iPhone's Voice Memos to make a quick recording of all three segments and compare them.

The Episode 20 music and Episode 23 music appear to be pretty much identical. So I think this is definitely the same slow-speed orchestral piece. Also, as I hear it, it reminds me a lot of some of the slow-speed passages from Fire Walk With Me that were recently released by the TP Archive. I wonder if this is one of the many slow-speed pieces from the series that was mixed and manipulated for the FWWM score (in addition to Unease Motif, 24 Hours, etc.)

The passage from Episode 14 is not identical to the other two, but it has a very similar spirit, I'd say. I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually another fragment from the same slow-speed orchestral piece, but it could be a totally separate one too.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:55 pm

Check out this cool thread for some original music cue sheets with original titles.

http://www.dugpa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2016

I wonder what some of these are! Lydecker Clinic = Llama Country!! Hope they call it that!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:40 am

Great!!! And now we know one of 5 Icelandic songs at least!

Sigvaldi Kaldalóns - À SPRENGISANDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Whvxsp ... re=related
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:23 am

DEniZZrus wrote:Great!!! And now we know one of 5 Icelandic songs at least!

Sigvaldi Kaldalóns - À SPRENGISANDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Whvxsp ... re=related

I wonder which tracks were "Bobby's Theme" & "James' Theme"? Perhaps "Bookhouse Boys" for Bobby's Theme?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:46 am

Icelandic Song #1 is identified:
Helgi Helgason - ÖXAR VIÐ ÁNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtTmNbKj9zM
8)
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
master468
Posts: 50
Joined: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:18 am
Location: The Black Lodge

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby master468 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:38 am

DEniZZrus wrote:Icelandic Song #1 is identified:
Helgi Helgason - ÖXAR VIÐ ÁNA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtTmNbKj9zM
8)


Original in TP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRlGHhA6QXI

:wink:
Image
User avatar
jdh.goodgrief
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 3:39 pm

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby jdh.goodgrief » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:29 am

Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:Great!!! And now we know one of 5 Icelandic songs at least!

Sigvaldi Kaldalóns - À SPRENGISANDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Whvxsp ... re=related

I wonder which tracks were "Bobby's Theme" & "James' Theme"? Perhaps "Bookhouse Boys" for Bobby's Theme?


Americana surely for James' Theme?

I wonder if TP (Nostalgia) is named Remembrances on these.
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby qbin2001 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:39 am

jdh.goodgrief wrote:I wonder if TP (Nostalgia) is named Remembrances on these.


Not. It was created during season 2, and this sheets are for season 1. My guess: it's probably 'Twin Peaks Theme (Harp and Guitar)'.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:44 am

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
Ross wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:Great!!! And now we know one of 5 Icelandic songs at least!

Sigvaldi Kaldalóns - À SPRENGISANDI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4Whvxsp ... re=related

I wonder which tracks were "Bobby's Theme" & "James' Theme"? Perhaps "Bookhouse Boys" for Bobby's Theme?


Americana surely for James' Theme?

I wonder if TP (Nostalgia) is named Remembrances on these.

The original name for Americana is just "Bell's 50s Guitar" or "Bell Guitar"
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:07 pm

Here's what I can tell from the cue sheets posted (they can be figured out because they are in order):
"James Theme" = "Bookhouse Boys" (it was later used more for Bobby, but first appearances in Pilot feature James)
"Cool Cool Kyle" = "Audrey's Dance (Clean Fast)"
"Don't Do Anything I Wouldn't Do" = "I'm Hurt Bad"
"Bobby's Theme" = "Audrey's Dance (Clean)" (all uses of this in the pilot feature Bobby, in fact most appearances in the entire series feature Bobby)
"Night Clarinets" = not featured on the scanned pages, but most probably "Audrey’s Dance (Percussion & Clarinets)"
"Grady Solo" = "Solo Percussion 1"
"Grady Sizzle" = "Percussion Hi-Hats"
"Guitar Tremolo" = "Bookhouse Boys (Solo Guitar)"
"Bell Guitar" = "Americana"
"Llama Country" = Lydecker song
"Angel Voices" = "LPT (Ghost Version)"

Would love to see all of these.
"Jumpin Fiddlesticks"?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby qbin2001 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:23 pm

Ross wrote:Here's what I can tell from the cue sheets posted (they can be figured out because they are in order):
"James Theme" = "Bookhouse Boys" (it was later used more for Bobby, but first appearances in Pilot feature James)
"Cool Cool Kyle" = "Audrey's Dance (Clean Fast)"
"Don't Do Anything I Wouldn't Do" = "I'm Hurt Bad"
"Bobby's Theme" = "Audrey's Dance (Clean)" (all uses of this in the pilot feature Bobby, in fact most appearances in the entire series feature Bobby)
"Night Clarinets " = not featured on the scanned pages, but most probably "Audrey’s Dance (Percussion & Clarinets)"
"Grady Solo" = Solo Percussion 1"
"Bell Guitar" = "Americana"
"Llama Country" = Lydecker song
"Angel Voices" = "LPT (Ghost Version)"

Would love to see all of these.
"Jumpin Fiddlesticks"?


"La Speranza" - opera track
"Echo Cool Sax" - "Dance of the Dream Man (Solo Sax)"
"Dark Introduction"/"Dark Intro" - "Laura Palmer's Theme"
"Little Elvis" - "Sneaky Audrey (Reprise)"
"Physic Stinger" and "Stinger" - "Scary" sounds
"Home on the Range" - "Islanders Song 4" !!!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby Ross » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:38 pm

qbin2001 wrote:"Home on the Range" - "Islanders Song 4" !!!

Yes- this can (barely) be heard while Ben gets the papers signed at OEJ.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:"Home on the Range" - "Islanders Song 4" !!!

Yes- this can (barely) be heard while Ben gets the papers signed at OEJ.

No, no, no. Actually it's the song Earle sang before shooting major Briggs in the woods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKBqz6FWvlo
As far as I know, it's a hymn of Kansas, isn't it? 8)
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 882
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby qbin2001 » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 pm

DEniZZrus wrote:
Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:"Home on the Range" - "Islanders Song 4" !!!

Yes- this can (barely) be heard while Ben gets the papers signed at OEJ.

No, no, no. Actually it's the song Earle sang before shooting major Briggs in the woods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKBqz6FWvlo


But Islandic version is on the party ;-)
User avatar
DEniZZrus
Posts: 395
Joined: Fri May 06, 2011 11:48 pm
Location: St.Petersburg, Russia

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Postby DEniZZrus » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:59 pm

Yeah... :lol: But then whose is the lyrics?
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests