Page 195 of 196

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:29 pm
by Ross
Brad D wrote:the crazy geek inside me wants to rename all the TP archive in itunes to their original names.

I especially like Night Clarinets & Jumpin’ Fiddlesticks

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:27 pm
by qbin2001
Just discovered: "The Red Room" track is missing last 13 seconds (which were used in the last episode). :(

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:54 am
by Silent Witness
Did anyone else notice that three of the half speed/slow speed orchestra tracks are actually from Badalamenti's score to "The Comfort of Strangers", which has been re-released with more music from Quartet Records last year?

Half Speed Orchestra 4 (Dugpas) = Brooding on Beach (pitched down by 1 octave)
Slow Speed Orchestra 3 (Black Lodge Rumble) = Lover's Fantasy (pitched down by 2 octaves)
Slow Speed Orchestra 4 (White Lodge Rumble) = Getting Lost (excerpt) (pitched down by 3 octaves)

Amazing. It makes you wonder where the other orchestra tracks may be from.

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 1:52 pm
by OK,Bob
Silent Witness wrote:Did anyone else notice that three of the half speed/slow speed orchestra tracks are actually from Badalamenti's score to "The Comfort of Strangers", which has been re-released with more music from Quartet Records last year?

Half Speed Orchestra 4 (Dugpas) = Brooding on Beach (pitched down by 1 octave)
Slow Speed Orchestra 3 (Black Lodge Rumble) = Lover's Fantasy (pitched down by 2 octaves)
Slow Speed Orchestra 4 (White Lodge Rumble) = Getting Lost (excerpt) (pitched down by 3 octaves)

Amazing. It makes you wonder where the other orchestra tracks may be from.

Wow! I've long-since sped up those tracks for the "Bonus" section of my tremendous TP playlist, but - not being familiar with the aforementioned score - did not recognize anything. Sampling the issue of the soundtrack that is available on eMusic, I notice the piece used for "Black Lodge Rumble" is titled "Days of Passion" (there is no "Lover's Fantasy")...

Thanks for the heads up!

Update: Correction: "Days of Passion" is NOT the same track; you were correct about the Quartet Records release, which includes the "complete soundtrack"...

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 2:29 pm
by OK,Bob
During the second half of "Turkish Undertones" form the same soundtrack I hear something quite like "Unease Motif/The Woods" reversed and at an original speed. Interesting! That theme was used throughout TP and FWWM...

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:18 pm
by Silent Witness
Isn't it amazing?

Actually, the ending of "Turkish Undertones" from the original album cut of "The Comfort of Strangers" consists of three tracks from the complete score:
- On the Speed Boat
- Venice Theme (alternate)
- Brooding on Beach
And "Brooding on Beach" is "Half Speed Orchestra 4 (Dugpas)" from "Twin Peaks". It only gets faded out earlier in the album version.
I don't think "Unease Motif/The Woods" is from "The Comfort of Strangers" because it was used all through the 1st season while Badalamenti was only working on "The Comfort of Strangers" at the time of the 2nd season. But I wonder if it may be from another of his earlier orchestral scores.

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:07 pm
by Ross
This is really cool. Actually, fellow board member Qbin discovered this a while back as well. I need to pick up the expanded version now. Very very cool.

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Sat May 30, 2015 7:32 am
by qbin2001
Instrumental version of "Mysterious of Love" was used in the film "Weeds" with Nick Nolte, also on OST (vinyl).

Maybe some of other music from the film was used in TP?


Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:59 pm
by qbin2001
From "Thought Guys Don't Dance" OST:

"Windom Earle's Motif" is excerpt from "Nervous Disturbance" (1:35)

I suspect that other songs may also be from that album.

You can listen few tracks but not all of them) here:

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-s ... dance.html

My "Comfort of Strangers" Extended OST arrived today (in completely broken box, but CD disc is intact).

Looks like "Thought Guys Don't Dance" will be my next purchase... ;-)

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 11:19 pm
by Jerry Horne
qbin2001 wrote:From "Thought Guys Don't Dance" OST:

"Windom Earle's Motif" is excerpt from "Nervous Disturbance" (1:35)

I suspect that other songs may also be from that album.

You can listen few tracks but not all of them) here:

http://www.musicbox-records.com/en/cd-s ... dance.html

My "Comfort of Strangers" Extended OST arrived today (in completely broken box, but CD disc is intact).

Looks like "Thought Guys Don't Dance" will be my next purchase... ;-)


I actually purchased 'Tough Guys Don't Dance' when it was first released but I have yet to break the seal. Thanks for the heads up!

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:18 am
by Ross
Just ordered "Tough Guys Don't Dance" & "The Comfort of Strangers".

Thanks again Q!

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:15 am
by Silent Witness
Great find, qbin2001!

If I didn't miss anything, these seem to be the tracks from "Tough Guys Don't Dance":

Half Speed Orchestra 3 (Windom Earle's Motif) = Nervous Disturbance (1st half)
Half Speed Orchestra 6 (Bob's Dance_Back to Missoula) = Nervous Disturbance (2nd half)
Half Speed Orchestra 2 (Dark Forces) = Séance
Half Speed Orchestra 7 = Elegy for Wardley

Now we only need to find the rest and maybe we'll even get the full ending of "Half Speed Orchestra 1 (Stair Music_Danger Theme)" that way. Any chance this and "Half Speed Orchestra 5 (Leo's Theme)" might be unreleased music from "Blue Velvet"? Will have to check out "Weeds", too, if I can find it.

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:18 am
by qbin2001
Silent Witness wrote:Great find, qbin2001!

If I didn't miss anything, these seem to be the tracks from "Tough Guys Don't Dance":

Half Speed Orchestra 3 (Windom Earle's Motif) = Nervous Disturbance (1st half)
Half Speed Orchestra 6 (Bob's Dance_Back to Missoula) = Nervous Disturbance (2nd half)
Half Speed Orchestra 2 (Dark Forces) = Séance
Half Speed Orchestra 7 = Elegy for Wardley

Now we only need to find the rest and maybe we'll even get the full ending of "Half Speed Orchestra 1 (Stair Music_Danger Theme)" that way. Any chance this and "Half Speed Orchestra 5 (Leo's Theme)" might be unreleased music from "Blue Velvet"? Will have to check out "Weeds", too, if I can find it.


Yes. I noticed that yesterday while watching the movie. I don't have OST (it's not available on-line) so I couldn't refer to the track names. Thanks! I was hopping that Danger theme will be there. :-(

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:35 am
by qbin2001
I checked every movie from the 80's with Badalamenti's music except "Weeds" with Nick Nolte that I was unable to find. Nothing. So the rest of the tracks are from that movie (but probably not), or this are unused tracks from "Comfort of Strangers", "Tough Guys Don't Dance" or "Blue Velvet".

I'm really curious about "24 hours" history - it's such a great track and one of my favorites. I was sure it was used somewhere except "Twin Peaks".

Re: Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thr

Posted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:11 pm
by Silent Witness
I tracked down the Weeds soundtrack, and there's no music from Twin Peaks there. So the remaining slow speed orchestral tracks remain a mystery for now.