Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
TheArm
Posts: 526
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:27 pm
Location: Los Angeles, CA

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby TheArm » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:37 pm

thepope79 wrote:
jmichael wrote:The alternate take of the theme song is great. Sounds to me like it might be the version that's used in Episode 17 as Cooper is saying good-bye to the Sheriff's department staff.

I think its first appearance might be in Episode 1 when Donna is telling her mom about James, at least I don't recall it being in the pilot.


It wasn't in the pilot. I also remember it being used quite effectively during that scene where Norma and Big Ed break up ("waiting for me to go first?") outside of Big Ed's Gas Farm in, I think, episode 5.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:44 pm

TheArm wrote:
thepope79 wrote:
jmichael wrote:The alternate take of the theme song is great. Sounds to me like it might be the version that's used in Episode 17 as Cooper is saying good-bye to the Sheriff's department staff.

I think its first appearance might be in Episode 1 when Donna is telling her mom about James, at least I don't recall it being in the pilot.


It wasn't in the pilot. I also remember it being used quite effectively during that scene where Norma and Big Ed break up ("waiting for me to go first?") outside of Big Ed's Gas Farm in, I think, episode 5.


For me, I always remember it from episode 8 as Norma see's Ed visit Nadine.
bosguy1981
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby bosguy1981 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:49 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:
For me, I always remember it from episode 8 as Norma see's Ed visit Nadine.


Was this also the version used in episode 13, when Maddy sits by the water with James and reveals that she's leaving Twin Peaks?

I'm so grateful for these Twin Peaks Archive mp3 releases. It's such a rush each time a new track is released, and I'm loving the little blurbs that are being published with each new track on the web site. I wonder who writes those. Obviously somebody with a good TP background!
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:11 pm

bosguy1981 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
For me, I always remember it from episode 8 as Norma see's Ed visit Nadine.


Was this also the version used in episode 13, when Maddy sits by the water with James and reveals that she's leaving Twin Peaks?

I'm so grateful for these Twin Peaks Archive mp3 releases. It's such a rush each time a new track is released, and I'm loving the little blurbs that are being published with each new track on the web site. I wonder who writes those. Obviously somebody with a good TP background!


I was thinking the same thing. The little write-ups are very well done. Can't wait for more. I can at least relax a little now that they've released "Annie & Cooper". It was the one track that I was really bummed that they left off of the second season release. Wish it was longer!!

Thanks dl.com!! Looking forward to more!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
bosguy1981
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby bosguy1981 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:21 pm

Ross wrote:I was thinking the same thing. The little write-ups are very well done. Can't wait for more. I can at least relax a little now that they've released "Annie & Cooper". It was the one track that I was really bummed that they left off of the second season release. Wish it was longer!!

Thanks dl.com!! Looking forward to more!


Yes, "Annie & Cooper" has definitely been my favorite one they've released so far on DL.com.

I like that they've already released alternate versions of the TP Theme and "Just You." There are so many variations of the music, and each one is worth having. I'm hopeful we'll soon hear things like the version of "Audrey's Prayer" that was used during Leland's funeral/Audrey saying goodbye to Cooper (at least I think that was the same variation in both scenes), and also the MT Wentz version of the TP theme on electric piano. So much music to look forward to in the coming months! :D
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:32 pm

bosguy1981 wrote:
Ross wrote:I was thinking the same thing. The little write-ups are very well done. Can't wait for more. I can at least relax a little now that they've released "Annie & Cooper". It was the one track that I was really bummed that they left off of the second season release. Wish it was longer!!

Thanks dl.com!! Looking forward to more!


Yes, "Annie & Cooper" has definitely been my favorite one they've released so far on DL.com.

I like that they've already released alternate versions of the TP Theme and "Just You." There are so many variations of the music, and each one is worth having. I'm hopeful we'll soon hear things like the version of "Audrey's Prayer" that was used during Leland's funeral/Audrey saying goodbye to Cooper (at least I think that was the same variation in both scenes), and also the MT Wentz version of the TP theme on electric piano. So much music to look forward to in the coming months! :D


The electric piano version of the TP from the MT Wentz scene is a MUST!! I absolutely love that version & I know there is a long version of it. (Its also used in the Ben Horne home movies scene- the "nostalgia version" fades into it). And like you, I'd love the alternate version of Audrey's prayer from the scene where Audrey says goodbye to Cooper!! Leland's wake, I believe, uses this same theme mixed with some additional elements (the percussive elements, as well as some snippets of the original version?). I wonder if a releasable version like that exists?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:51 pm

bosguy1981 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
For me, I always remember it from episode 8 as Norma see's Ed visit Nadine.


Was this also the version used in episode 13, when Maddy sits by the water with James and reveals that she's leaving Twin Peaks?


Pretty sure it's the same or similar. Agree about the song blurbs - i'd love to know the writer.

My main hope for the next release is a clean version of Audrey that plays underneath the scene of Bobby and Major Briggs talking at the RR in episode 8. It is one of the most achingly beautiful songs that I've ever heard. I just pray that it still exists. The extraction version has plenty of effects still attached.

I have a feeling that we will get 'The Norwegians' soon. No inside knowledge, just a stone cold guess.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:00 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:
For me, I always remember it from episode 8 as Norma see's Ed visit Nadine.


Was this also the version used in episode 13, when Maddy sits by the water with James and reveals that she's leaving Twin Peaks?


Pretty sure it's the same or similar. Agree about the song blurbs - i'd love to know the writer.

My main hope for the next release is a clean version of Audrey that plays underneath the scene of Bobby and Major Briggs talking at the RR in episode 8. It is one of the most achingly beautiful songs that I've ever heard. I just pray that it still exists. The extraction version has plenty of effects still attached.

I have a feeling that we will get 'The Norwegians' soon. No inside knowledge, just a stone cold guess.


Jerry- Are you talking about the scene where Bobby tells Briggs about his dream? Isn't this just the original version of "Audrey's Prayer"? The one released on the second season cd? Or is it an alternate version?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:04 pm

It's slowed down. Maybe it's a little different too. Take a look at the scene again. The track is really buried under the dialog.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:11 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:It's slowed down. Maybe it's a little different too. Take a look at the scene again. The track is really buried under the dialog.


I know its the first time any version is heard. I'll have to look at the scene again. It might just be a slowed-down tempo? The tempo seems to vary in its many uses in the second season. But maybe it is yet another alternate version?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4076
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:14 pm

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:It's slowed down. Maybe it's a little different too. Take a look at the scene again. The track is really buried under the dialog.


I know its the first time any version is heard. I'll have to look at the scene again. It might just be a slowed-down tempo? The tempo seems to vary in its many uses in the second season. But maybe it is yet another alternate version?


If that's the case then some audio genius would just be able to slow down the tempo by 30% or so ;)
bosguy1981
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby bosguy1981 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:35 pm

I notice some of the unreleased songs are referred to by name, such as Remembrances, Americana, Fat Trout Trailer Park... where did these names come from? Were there "official" versions that leaked at some point and had the names attached, or did the fans come up with those names?
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:05 pm

bosguy1981 wrote:I notice some of the unreleased songs are referred to by name, such as Remembrances, Americana, Fat Trout Trailer Park... where did these names come from? Were there "official" versions that leaked at some point and had the names attached, or did the fans come up with those names?


Mostly they are all fan made-up names. I had always called "Annie & Cooper" "Follow Each Other" for instance because of the line of dialogue in that scene. There were a couple of official names known because they were in the credits of FWWM: "Blue Frank", and "Deer Meadow Shuffle". As well as "RR Swing" which has not been released yet.

"Remembrances" is just a fan made up title for the "nostalgia" version of Falling played in the Ben Horne scene.

"Americana", on the other hand, IS an official title, I believe, for the track heard when James leaves Twin Peaks. It was named as such on a david lynch site a couple years back. It was part of a coffee promotion contest. Who knows if it will still be named this if/when we see a release on dl.com
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:28 pm

And speaking of the "nostalgia" version of Falling, the version heard on the show is only about 45 seconds long. I wonder if there is a longer version of this, or if that is all there is?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:34 am

Ross wrote:The electric piano version of the TP from the MT Wentz scene is a MUST!! I absolutely love that version & I know there is a long version of it. (Its also used in the Ben Horne home movies scene- the "nostalgia version" fades into it).


Yes. It's one of the best unreleased tunes. As far as I know, almost 6 min. version exist. ;)

Ross wrote:And speaking of the "nostalgia" version of Falling, the version heard on the show is only about 45 seconds long. I wonder if there is a longer version of this, or if that is all there is?


I don't think so.

Jerry Horne wrote:If that's the case then some audio genius would just be able to slow down the tempo by 30% or so ;)


Hmmm.... :wink: :lol:

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests