Unreleased Twin Peaks Music Announcements - Official Thread

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:46 pm

qbin2001 wrote:
mixomatosis wrote:That is outstanding. The next track can't possibly beat that, can it?


There are many unreleased tracks that can beat that. Can't wait for next one!


Have to agree with qbin on this one. "Nightsea Wind" is a nice enough track, but there are many I'm looking more forward to. "Annie & Cooper" was probably my 'holy grail' though.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
mixomatosis
Posts: 95
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:55 am

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby mixomatosis » Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:19 pm

Now, you see, to me, that is my holy grail of TP music. But then I'm a sucker for meandering ambience. So this, not to mention all these "experiments", suit me down to the ground...
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Speaking of meandering ambience, I really hope we get a solo version of 'Dark Mood Woods'. In the episode (29) version, it really has some interesting synth passages. The cd mix was way too brief and of course mixed into 'The Red Room'.
bosguy1981
Posts: 526
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:03 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby bosguy1981 » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:55 pm

Jerry Horne wrote:Speaking of meandering ambience, I really hope we get a solo version of 'Dark Mood Woods'. In the episode (29) version, it really has some interesting synth passages. The cd mix was way too brief and of course mixed into 'The Red Room'.


I have a very good feeling they're going to release "Dark Mood Woods" and "The Red Room" as complete, separate tracks. I don't know why. But I have this feeling they're just going to make all kinds of goodies available in this Twin Peaks Archive.

And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?

Anybody want to venture a guess as to the next song they release? I have a feeling it's going to be something from Season 1... maybe Hank's Theme, or the Jonathan/Josie music? ;)
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:03 pm

bosguy1981 wrote:And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?


"I'm Hurt Bad" is the first part of the song- actually only the first 38 seconds of it. Its the song that Bobby pays on the jukebox in the pilot, and James plays at Wallies. The rest of the track is "James & Evelyn's Theme" (not an official title). There is also more to this theme than appears on the hybrid track. I really have no idea why they released it the way they did. I really hope we get full versions of both tracks!

AND a full "Dark Mood Woods".
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:55 pm

There are so many possibilities for the next one. I'll guess 'The Norwegians'. Maybe one of the many variations of 'Audrey's Dance'?
User avatar
iar
Posts: 127
Joined: Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:17 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby iar » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:52 pm

Ross wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?


"I'm Hurt Bad" is the first part of the song- actually only the first 38 seconds of it. Its the song that Bobby pays on the jukebox in the pilot, and James plays at Wallies. The rest of the track is "James & Evelyn's Theme" (not an official title). There is also more to this theme than appears on the hybrid track. I really have no idea why they released it the way they did. I really hope we get full versions of both tracks!

AND a full "Dark Mood Woods".


I would absolutely love the full version of I'm Hurt Bad. I've always LOVED that track, so that's probably my holy grail. 38 seconds is nowhere near enough. I was gutted when I got the Season 2 soundtrack and it didn't have a longer version.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:51 pm

iar wrote:
Ross wrote:
bosguy1981 wrote:And maybe some other things like the full version of "I'm Hurt Bad"? I wonder if that title goes with the "first half" of the song, or the "second half," as they were supposedly two totally separate pieces of music that got joined in a sort of medley. Anybody know?


"I'm Hurt Bad" is the first part of the song- actually only the first 38 seconds of it. Its the song that Bobby pays on the jukebox in the pilot, and James plays at Wallies. The rest of the track is "James & Evelyn's Theme" (not an official title). There is also more to this theme than appears on the hybrid track. I really have no idea why they released it the way they did. I really hope we get full versions of both tracks!

AND a full "Dark Mood Woods".


I would absolutely love the full version of I'm Hurt Bad. I've always LOVED that track, so that's probably my holy grail. 38 seconds is nowhere near enough. I was gutted when I got the Season 2 soundtrack and it didn't have a longer version.


Yeah- it really made no sense to release it like that. Both tracks got short changed. Hopefully we will see full versions released.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:18 am

Ross wrote:AND a full "Dark Mood Woods".


Oh yeeeees! Please!

I've waited so many years for this track, and was so disappointed when I heard OST2 version!
I absolutely love this little change in this track at the end of ep. 29 when Cooper is at the mirror.
This is my holy grail - long full version of Dark Woods!
Please DL.com, please!
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby qbin2001 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:25 am

Jerry Horne wrote:There are so many possibilities for the next one. I'll guess 'The Norwegians'. Maybe one of the many variations of 'Audrey's Dance'?


Or one of many, many, many versions of "Freshly Squeezed" or "Dance of the Dream Man".
Cymbals, clarinet (soprano and baritone), saxophone versions - solo versions, band versions and without solo versions, Fast and slow versions. I just want them all! :-)
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:19 pm

qbin2001 wrote:I just want them all! :-)


Me too!!! And I know I'm being greedy- but I wish they'd speed up their release schedule. They could release 1 or 2 tracks a week for two years at this rate.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Ross » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:08 pm

New tune on dl.com - Freshly Squeezed (Bass Clarinet)

Also, check out my new blog of TP soundtrack art I've made:
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/

Thanks!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Mon Apr 04, 2011 9:54 pm

Woo-hoo!
Attachments
Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 9.51.12 PM.png
Screen shot 2011-04-04 at 9.51.12 PM.png (108.81 KiB) Viewed 2168 times
User avatar
qbin2001
Posts: 880
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2007 2:20 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby qbin2001 » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:24 am

Jerry Horne wrote:Woo-hoo!


Oh yeah... I have a good hunch ;-)

Next track.... maybe big-band from party for Islanders?
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4071
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Re: Deer Meadow Shuffle now available at Davidlynch.com!

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue Apr 05, 2011 9:27 am

qbin2001 wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:Woo-hoo!


Oh yeah... I have a good hunch ;-)

Next track.... maybe big-band from party for Islanders?


You nailed that prediction! Is the Bass Clarinet version on the ******* ***? There were a few I know...
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Fri Apr 08, 2011 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dreamshake and 4 guests