Page 4 of 4

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:25 am
by qbin2001
Updated track list:

- section 'Soundtracks' added (in 'Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1' thread)
- changed title of the "You Broke My Heart" to released title "Night Life" (see 'Legend' and 'Soundtracks' sections for details).
- updated titles (both season 1 and 2)
- updated last episode ("Dark Mood Woods" versions used).

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:03 pm
by Ross
qbin2001 wrote:Updated track list:

- section 'Soundtracks' added (in 'Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1' thread)
- changed title of the "You Broke My Heart" to released title "Night Life" (see 'Legend' and 'Soundtracks' sections for details).
- updated titles (both season 1 and 2)
- updated last episode ("Dark Mood Woods" versions used).

Absolutely fantastic. You have such an amazing ear!!!

So there are basically 2 versions of Dark Mood Woods used in the last episode? The released version, and a clear/clean version (which may just be the same version with the elements mixed differently)?

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:56 pm
by qbin2001
Ross wrote:So there are basically 2 versions of Dark Mood Woods used in the last episode? The released version, and a clear/clean version (which may just be the same version with the elements mixed differently)?


As DEniZZrus pointed out - yes there is somewhere (but probably not in archive :( ) cleaner, re-arranged version that was used in first part of the episode 29.

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:19 am
by qbin2001
Guy Quenneville wrote:Stray observation: For all the music in the Pilot, what's striking is how many scenes play WITHOUT music, unlike the second season, in which some episodes are filled with wall-to-wall music.


What's more surprising - Lynch's episodes usually has less music than other's (except last episode).

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:02 am
by Jerry Horne
qbin2001 wrote:
Guy Quenneville wrote:Stray observation: For all the music in the Pilot, what's striking is how many scenes play WITHOUT music, unlike the second season, in which some episodes are filled with wall-to-wall music.


What's more surprising - Lynch's episodes usually has less music than other's (except last episode).


True, but Lynch directed episodes also contain a lot of songs heard for the first time (Pilot, 8, 14) Lynch had first choice about what episodes he wanted to direct and it seems he really enjoyed using fresh tracks.

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:04 pm
by qbin2001
Season 1 is fully updated. This should be final version (I will change titles to proper one when songs will be released).

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:35 pm
by Gordon
Sorry to bump this thread, but WOW...what an spectacular job! I've been reading it all remembering (and humming :D ) most of those tunes...

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:49 am
by qbin2001
I just wonder...

S1 E2

06. [Mix] 8:40-10:02
a. Laura Palmer's Theme
b. Sneaky Audrey (Audrey's Investigation)

Isn't "b" track solo version? Seems to me that it is "Sneaky Audrey (Audrey's Investigation Solo)", not full version...

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:12 am
by Ross
qbin2001 wrote:I just wonder...

S1 E2

06. [Mix] 8:40-10:02
a. Laura Palmer's Theme
b. Sneaky Audrey (Audrey's Investigation)

Isn't "b" track solo version? Seems to me that it is "Sneaky Audrey (Audrey's Investigation Solo)", not full version...

Sounds like you are probably right, Q. Its a little hard to tell since the background during that section of "A's Investigation" is synths, but I don't hear it. So it very well might be a "solo" section.

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Mon May 25, 2015 10:11 pm
by N. Needleman
So I'm a novice to all this, and I looked up front, but I'm going crazy nonetheless - I just was rewatching Episode 7 and hearing the version of Laura's theme that plays as Donna opens Jacoby's coconut around 3:40, with the piano sting or something. I believe the first page calls it "Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano & Rhodes)". Was this ever released, or no? I apologize if I'm in the wrong place.

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:00 pm
by OK,Bob
N. Needleman wrote:So I'm a novice to all this, and I looked up front, but I'm going crazy nonetheless - I just was rewatching Episode 7 and hearing the version of Laura's theme that plays as Donna opens Jacoby's coconut around 3:40, with the piano sting or something. I believe the first page calls it "Laura Palmer's Theme (Piano & Rhodes)". Was this ever released, or no? I apologize if I'm in the wrong place.

That selection, "Love Theme (Piano and Rhodes)", was released as part of the Twin Peaks Archive.

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 11:49 am
by squealy
-- Danger Theme (my name for it; call it what you want). It starts (under The Bookhouse Boys track) just as Nadine hassles Ed from their doorstep about picking up the drapes. This music, which, for my money, gets its most memorable (i.e. frightening) iteration in Episode 2, when Mike and Bobby trudge through the dark woods to check the football by the tree, makes many appearances throughout the show, and really gets stretched out in Episode 25, when Jones attacks Truman. I call it the Danger Theme because it always, for me, signified something bad happening or coming down the pike.

It also plays when: Leo calls Shelly out on the cigarettes in their living room (Pilot); when Leo instructs Shelly to do his laundry (Episode One), at the end of the Pilot, when Sarah has a vision of Laura's necklace being plucked from the ground. This particular cue has the bombastic climax of the track.

Also in Episode 8 when James tells Truman about how Laura used to echo Bob and ask him if he liked to play with fire, and in Episode 14 when Cooper finds the note on Harold's Smith body.

Returns in Episode 20, as Agent Bryson and Cooper play out their coup against Renault at Dead Dog Farm, topped off with a brief statement of the heroic version of Cooper's Theme/Dance of the Dream Man (see episode 19) when Hawk announces that Renault is dead, in Episode 21, as Eckhardt arrives at the Great Northern, Episode 22, at the precise moment Evelyn shoots Malcolm, and Episode 28, during Earle's invasion of Miss Twin Peaks.

As you can see by what episodes it was used in, it was a favorite of Lynch's.

Not yet released.

Was it ever determined what this piece of music is called? I keep missing it whenever I look through Twin Peaks music online. It says "not yet released" in this post from 2011 -- could they really have never released this one?

It was always odd to me that it was never on the original soundtrack album as it always stood out to me among the show's cues (since it's so creepy).

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Pilot and Season 1

Posted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:45 pm
by qbin2001
squealy wrote:Was it ever determined what this piece of music is called? I keep missing it whenever I look through Twin Peaks music online. It says "not yet released" in this post from 2011 -- could they really have never released this one?

It was always odd to me that it was never on the original soundtrack album as it always stood out to me among the show's cues (since it's so creepy).


It was released... sort of as "Half Speed Orchestra 1 (Stair Music - Danger Theme)". Unfortunately without the last part of the track (last part is missing).