Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Season 2

Post by qbin2001 »

Two episodes added (21-22). 7 to go :)

EDIT:
Finally I identified classical music track from ep 21!

Grieg - Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 - Allegro Molto Moderato (33:51-36:52)

That leave us with Opera track from episodes 1 and 22 :-)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:Two episodes added (21-22). 7 to go :)

EDIT:

Grieg - Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 - Allegro Molto Moderato (33:51-36:52)

Fantastic Q!!! Your hard work on your guide is much appreciated! Fantastic.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross, if you have free time to spend on TP music ( ;-) ) maybe you will correct all the Percussion Solos on the list? There are 3 or 4 (or more) versions used, and my guide with this tracks are based on my poor memories how they sound (I didn't have time to check them all). I'm sure that this tracks are messed up. The only one I'm so-so sure are those in scens with Andy (No 2). The rest... ;-)
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

And two more added. Last five to go! I hope I'll end up until the end of the week :) Keep your fingers crossed.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

qbin2001 wrote:Two episodes added (21-22). 7 to go :)

EDIT:

Can you describe the scenes for those two tracks? I should be able to identify if I can describe the scene to a friend of mine.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

dugpa wrote:Can you describe the scenes for those two tracks? I should be able to identify if I can describe the scene to a friend of mine.
In Episode One, opera is playing in the background during the Briggs dinner scene. It's very much in the background - you can hear it most clearly during the silence after Major Briggs slaps the cigarette out of Bobby's mouth and before Betty says "We're here for you, Bobby."
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

jmichael wrote:
dugpa wrote:Can you describe the scenes for those two tracks? I should be able to identify if I can describe the scene to a friend of mine.
In Episode One, opera is playing in the background during the Briggs dinner scene. It's very much in the background - you can hear it most clearly during the silence after Major Briggs slaps the cigarette out of Bobby's mouth and before Betty says "We're here for you, Bobby."
ep. 1 - 37:08-38:42

Also at the beginning of the ep. 22 - when Donna and James are in "Wallies". ep.22 4:11-6:06

Grieg - Piano Concerto In A Minor, Op. 16 - Allegro Molto Moderato is also in ep. at 22 33:51-36:52 when Catherine shows Pete that Andrew is alive. I have no idea who's performance was used here. I hope one day we'll know ;-)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:"Laura Palmer's Theme (Harp)" - only a short piece released as a part of the "Nostalgia Version"
X 30. Laura Palmer's Theme (Harp) 39:26
You mean- Twin Peaks Theme (Harp) :D
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

jmichael wrote:
The song is called La Speranza. My friend said he doesn't think it is an official release and thinks that it is a cover composed by Angelo Badalamenti.

Hope this helps.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

dugpa wrote:The song is called La Speranza. My friend said he doesn't think it is an official release and thinks that it is a cover composed by Angelo Badalamenti.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! It's hard to believe that Badalamenti could have done such a piece of music. I hope that this is some of the released music stuff.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

qbin2001 wrote:
dugpa wrote:The song is called La Speranza. My friend said he doesn't think it is an official release and thinks that it is a cover composed by Angelo Badalamenti.

Hope this helps.
Thank you! It's hard to believe that Badalamenti could have done such a piece of music. I hope that this is some of the released music stuff.
I think it is similar to how Mister Snooty was not an original but aranged by Badalamenti. Either that, or my buddy couldn't find a version that matched commercially so he just assumed it was a cover arrangement of some sort. It would be interesting if now that music is readily available online if it could be found on a commercial track if it is not a Badalamenti arrangement.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

dugpa wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:

Hope this helps.
I think it is similar to how Mister Snooty was not an original but aranged by Badalamenti. Either that, or my buddy couldn't find a version that matched commercially so he just assumed it was a cover arrangement of some sort. It would be interesting if now that music is readily available online if it could be found on a commercial track if it is not a Badalamenti arrangement.
I was looking for that track in ANY version for 1,5 h yesterday and... nothing! Not a version SIMILAR (words) to this. Any hints who composed it?
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I asked my friend but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I suspect he would know and will post once I get word back.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

This question should be asked on opera music experts forums. I did so... :wink: but still haven't been answered... :?
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

dugpa wrote:I asked my friend but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I suspect he would know and will post once I get word back.
Thank you. Can't wait!

I finished writing last 3 episodes track list (Hurray!).

Now I need to recheck all the episodes, because some of the track I'm not sure are correct (especially Percussion Solo's numbering, Owl Cave tracks, and few other pieces. When I finish updating all the episodes (hopefully next week), I'll make a lists of all the tracks (alphabetically) and all the mixes in the series (marking the best ones). And list of mixed tracks from all 3 soundtracks (Night Life in TP, I'm Hurt Bad, Bookhouse Boys etc.) with names of tracks used in those mixes. This should be great list to compare with released tracks. And then maybe we can make a thread where we'll be voting for our favorite tracks? ;-)