Twin Peaks Music Guide - Season 2

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Ross
Global Moderator

Re: Twin Peaks Music Guide - Season 2

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
dugpa wrote:I asked my friend but he hasn't gotten back to me yet. I suspect he would know and will post once I get word back.
Thank you. Can't wait!

I finished writing last 3 episodes track list (Hurray!).

Now I need to recheck all the episodes, because some of the track I'm not sure are correct (especially Percussion Solo's numbering, Owl Cave tracks, and few other pieces. When I finish updating all the episodes (hopefully next week), I'll make a lists of all the tracks (alphabetically) and all the mixes in the series (marking the best ones). And list of mixed tracks from all 3 soundtracks (Night Life in TP, I'm Hurt Bad, Bookhouse Boys etc.) with names of tracks used in those mixes. This should be great list to compare with released tracks. And then maybe we can make a thread where we'll be voting for our favorite tracks? ;-)
AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB Q!!!! Your hard work is always much appreciated!
Here's one that needs to be corrected:
qbin2001 wrote:"Laura Palmer's Theme (Harp)" - only a short piece released as a part of the "Nostalgia Version"
X 30. Laura Palmer's Theme (Harp) 39:26
You mean- Twin Peaks Theme (Harp)

The percussion solos are so hard to distinguish from each other!!!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:AWESOME!!! GREAT JOB Q!!!! Your hard work is always much appreciated!
My pleasure
Ross wrote: Here's one that needs to be corrected:
qbin2001 wrote:"Laura Palmer's Theme (Harp)" - only a short piece released as a part of the "Nostalgia Version"
Corrected
Ross wrote:The percussion solos are so hard to distinguish from each other!!!
[/quote]
I'll take care of it ;)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
Ross wrote:The percussion solos are so hard to distinguish from each other!!!
I'll take care of it ;)[/quote]
Cool! You have a better ear than me!!! Those are hard!
Did you get a chance to check the Great Northern tune from episode 15? Is it the released version #3?
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:Cool! You have a better ear than me!!! Those are hard!
I'll rip every unreleased track, Mix separately and compare them to be sure ;-)
Ross wrote:Did you get a chance to check the Great Northern tune from episode 15? Is it the released version #3?
Yest it is.
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

As for version of DARK MOOD WOODS from last episode, I listened, and here's my verdict. I called it DARK MOOD WOODS (clear version) - sounds only in the sheriff's office (lasts about 3:58). This version features a more clear strings, not as ghostly as in the released version. And once we see the scene with Earle and Annie in Pete's truck and hereafter sounds the released version only.
I'm not X-files fan but... damn, the truth is really out there!
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:As for version of DARK MOOD WOODS from last episode, I listened, and here's my verdict. I called it DARK MOOD WOODS (clear version) - sounds only in the sheriff's office (lasts about 3:58). This version features a more clear strings, not as ghostly as in the released version. And once we see the scene with Earle and Annie in Pete's truck and hereafter sounds the released version only.
More or less you are correct. It's hard to be 100% sure, with this additional noises. But I'll change letter marks when I re-check this episode.
Track lists now are in their first version. There are few errors for sure. Thank for pointing it out.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:
DEniZZrus wrote:As for version of DARK MOOD WOODS from last episode, I listened, and here's my verdict. I called it DARK MOOD WOODS (clear version) - sounds only in the sheriff's office (lasts about 3:58). This version features a more clear strings, not as ghostly as in the released version. And once we see the scene with Earle and Annie in Pete's truck and hereafter sounds the released version only.
More or less you are correct. It's hard to be 100% sure, with this additional noises. But I'll change letter marks when I re-check this episode.
Track lists now are in their first version. There are few errors for sure. Thank for pointing it out.
Interesting. I wonder if the "clean version" is actually a different version or if they just mixed the elements differently.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:
qbin2001 wrote:
Interesting. I wonder if the "clean version" is actually a different version or if they just mixed the elements differently.
I suppose that they cleaned it when they scored the episode. It may not be in the archive in this version. It's definitely reworked - different cleaned parts are in in other places, few parts are blended together.. .It sounds much much deeper - that it should be published (let's hope someday...)
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Well, tune in this clear version, of course, differs from the released version. But actually I think DARK MOOD WOODS composition is very "flexible" in general and it's easy to arrange in a variety of mixes.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

qbin2001 wrote:I suppose that they cleaned it when they scored the episode. It may not be in the archive in this version. It's definitely reworked - different cleaned parts are in in other places, few parts are blended together.. .It sounds much much deeper - that it should be published (let's hope someday...)
Yeah- my guess would be they only have the original version in the archives. And that the clear/clean vers was created from it for the episode itself. Meaning we probably won't see it released. :(
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:Well, tune in this clear version, of course, differs from the released version. But actually I think DARK MOOD WOODS composition is very "flexible" in general and it's easy to arrange in a variety of mixes.
Maybe. But cleaning it (to get what they did) is hard.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

This one reverted back when you updated:
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Ross wrote:This one reverted back when you updated:
Damn! :lol:
DEniZZrus
RR Diner Member

Post by DEniZZrus »

Episode 14:
Percussion Solo No 2/Audrey (Clean) 24:40-26:56
I'm sure it's exactly the same percussion solo from AUDREY CD's track, so AUDREY original track's part sounds in that scene!

Episode 17:
[Mix] Freshly Squeezed (Bass Clarinet Solo)/Night Life #9-#10/Clarinets Solo/[dark sound]/Scary Sound No 1 (Half-speed)) 37:48-42:22
I think its part of original NIGHT LIFE IN TWIN PEAKS CD's track
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

DEniZZrus wrote:Episode 14:
Percussion Solo No 2/Audrey (Clean) 24:40-26:56
I'm sure it's exactly the same percussion solo from AUDREY CD's track, so AUDREY original track's part sounds in that scene!

Episode 17:
[Mix] Freshly Squeezed (Bass Clarinet Solo)/Night Life #9-#10/Clarinets Solo/[dark sound]/Scary Sound No 1 (Half-speed)) 37:48-42:22
I think its part of original NIGHT LIFE IN TWIN PEAKS CD's track
Right! It will be updated when i correct episodes ;-)