TP Season 1 & FWWM soundtracks set for new vinyl reissues

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

sneakydave
RR Diner Member

Re: TP Season 1 & FWWM soundtracks set for new vinyl reissues

Post by sneakydave »

I've still got the original vinyl of the tv show so less rushed to purchase that one. But I know I will one day.
*M*A*Y*D*A*Y*
Johnny Tabasco

Post by Johnny Tabasco »

Metamorphia wrote:
Johnny Tabasco wrote:Its now up on Transmission Records in the UK. Including postage it comes to £42 which is outrageous when it costs $46 inc postage direct from the USA via Mondo. Glad i bought it yesterday :D
Yeah but you may well get hit with customs ordering straight from Mondo
Well thats never happened for my previous Mondo orders but i might just have got lucky. Either way its worth it!
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

Anyone who ordered FWWM from Mondo see it ship out yet? Nothing yet on my end. I'm hoping for something this coming week maybe, though I know it could be the full 3-4....
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

A little glimpse to sate our curiosity:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPtLdJJgWPN/
Andymcnab

Post by Andymcnab »

Zavvi have FWWM up for preorder for UK folks. I managed to order it at £29.99 but it now seems to have gone up to £39.99. Worth keeping your eye on it as it may drop again.
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

Mondo didn't send me any email about shipping. :evil:
Roomservice...
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

piero wrote:Mondo didn't send me any email about shipping. :evil:
Me neither. My new hypothesis is that FWWM might not ship out until around 2/17. That's the date that most if not all non-Mondo suppliers are saying they will get it in stock or ready to ship out, and it would also still fall within Mondo's 3-4 week period. It'd be unfortunate, but I'm willing to wait if the release sounds as good as I'm hoping it does!
piero
RR Diner Member

Post by piero »

The waiting is hard.
Roomservice...
Jam Burglar

Post by Jam Burglar »

I got a copy last night. I went to screening of FWWM at the Alamo Drafthouse and the Mrs. won the raffle and got the 2LP free!

I also ordered directly from Mondo and have not gotten that copy yet. I presume Mondo was working directly with Alamo and made sure those copies got out in time for the screenings.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

Jam Burglar wrote:I got a copy last night. I went to screening of FWWM at the Alamo Drafthouse and the Mrs. won the raffle and got the 2LP free!

I also ordered directly from Mondo and have not gotten that copy yet. I presume Mondo was working directly with Alamo and made sure those copies got out in time for the screenings.
If it's not too much trouble could you grab the details etched into the runout areas of the vinyl? That's how you find out who pressed them and I'm curious if Death Waltz used the same place as the last soundtrack.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Jam Burglar wrote:I got a copy last night. I went to screening of FWWM at the Alamo Drafthouse and the Mrs. won the raffle and got the 2LP free!

If it's not too much trouble could you grab the details etched into the runout areas of the vinyl? That's how you find out who pressed them and I'm curious if Death Waltz used the same place as the last soundtrack.
Didn't they use Rainbo for the last one? Because I'm pretty certain they also did for FWWM
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

David Locke wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:

Didn't they use Rainbo for the last one? Because I'm pretty certain they also did for FWWM
Yea they used Rainbo. I got lucky and my copy wasn't messed-up, but the same couldn't be said for others. It's unfortunate how they charge for a premium product and have its production sent off to one of the worst places to do so. All that work put into the music and packaging only to have it chucked-off to a place with poor quality control. Bleh.
David Locke
RR Diner Member

Post by David Locke »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:
David Locke wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
Yea they used Rainbo. I got lucky and my copy wasn't messed-up, but the same couldn't be said for others. It's unfortunate how they charge for a premium product and have its production sent off to one of the worst places to do so. All that work put into the music and packaging only to have it chucked-off to a place with poor quality control. Bleh.
Yeah, it's a shame. Just hoping the FWWM first pressings at least avoid catastrophe and sound sufficiently good.

This is just rumor, but someone on the stevehoffman.tv forums is claiming they have inside info that Rhino is releasing the FWWM soundtrack on LP and CD sometime in mid-late May. They say they can't give more details, but that it will be a cheaper release unlike the DW ones. Will update if anything else comes out about this... the poster seems to be reputable, so I don't think they're lying about this but there may be some miscommunication somewhere.
Jam Burglar

Post by Jam Burglar »

SpookyDollhouse wrote:

S-96397, S-96398, S-96399, S-96400, DW51 A, DW51 B, DW51 C, and DW51 D, respectively. Also various quotes that I didn't write down. Major Briggs on Bobbi, Donna on Laura's mom's cigarettes, etc.
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

David Locke wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:
David Locke wrote: Didn't they use Rainbo for the last one? Because I'm pretty certain they also did for FWWM
Yeah, it's a shame. Just hoping the FWWM first pressings at least avoid catastrophe and sound sufficiently good.

This is just rumor, but someone on the stevehoffman.tv forums is claiming they have inside info that Rhino is releasing the FWWM soundtrack on LP and CD sometime in mid-late May. They say they can't give more details, but that it will be a cheaper release unlike the DW ones. Will update if anything else comes out about this... the poster seems to be reputable, so I don't think they're lying about this but there may be some miscommunication somewhere.
Hmm if this is true I wonder what this could mean as far as pressing stuff goes. Rhino has been farming out to anybody BUT Rainbo recently so if true, a good sign! Cheaper and possibly a better production. It's a shame it couldn't be the other way around if this is how it's really gonna happen.
Jam Burglar wrote:
SpookyDollhouse wrote:

S-96397, S-96398, S-96399, S-96400, DW51 A, DW51 B, DW51 C, and DW51 D, respectively. Also various quotes that I didn't write down. Major Briggs on Bobbi, Donna on Laura's mom's cigarettes, etc.
Thanks! The S-xxxxx does indicate Rainbo, that's their mark. When's Death Waltz/Mondo gonna learn??