Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

claaa7
Great Northern Member

Re: Music From The New Series

Post by claaa7 »

Mystery Roach wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
Little Pine Cone wrote:Can someone identify the piece used during Dougie-Coop's arrival at work?
Was that one of the old Solo Percussion tracks, or something new?
i believe it's new but it did sound like Grady Tate.. could be wrong though
I think it's Solo Percussion 4

I'm loving all the music for this thing. I've been gathering everything I can find from each episode for my ever-growing soundtrack.
dissapointing, but with few exceptions i haven't heard the Twin Peaks archive digital compilation.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

Mystery Roach wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
Little Pine Cone wrote:Can someone identify the piece used during Dougie-Coop's arrival at work?
Was that one of the old Solo Percussion tracks, or something new?
i believe it's new but it did sound like Grady Tate.. could be wrong though
I think it's Solo Percussion 4

I'm loving all the music for this thing. I've been gathering everything I can find from each episode for my ever-growing soundtrack.
dito.. people were complaining that there was so little traditional music in the first three parts, there was real exceptional sound design ala Alan Splet. there definitely was some low-key synth melodies and omnius sound that could pass for music but it added a lot of the first two parts, but once Part 3 and so forth kicked in we had the music covered, the complete "Take 5" by Brubeck in full effect (Lynch isf dfinitely a full-blown Brubeck fan on a account he used iine of their songs on the "Inalnd Empire" OST). and then the music starts to creeping in along with the moody sound design that's just on the fence of low-key music, "Dark Mood Woods", "Laura's Theme", "Theme From Twin Peak (Falling Instro), the Grady Tate shuffle, the Badalamaneti classic intro, and then there's the original Badalamaneti compositions - besides the beautiful intro edit, the Hit and Run scene and especially the Giant levitation scene leading in from 'Slow '30s room' is one of the best TP songs in a loooong while.

add to that all the great Roadhouse joints (the NIN joint, Trouble, Chromatics, and maybe a couple of others). string material to say the leastl.
Mystery Roach
Roadhouse Member

Post by Mystery Roach »

claaa7 wrote:dito.. people were complaining that there was so little traditional music in the first three parts, there was real exceptional sound design ala Alan Splet. there definitely was some low-key synth melodies and omnius sound that could pass for music but it added a lot of the first two parts, but once Part 3 and so forth kicked in we had the music covered, the complete "Take 5" by Brubeck in full effect (Lynch isf dfinitely a full-blown Brubeck fan on a account he used iine of their songs on the "Inalnd Empire" OST). and then the music starts to creeping in along with the moody sound design that's just on the fence of low-key music, "Dark Mood Woods", "Laura's Theme", "Theme From Twin Peak (Falling Instro), the Grady Tate shuffle, the Badalamaneti classic intro, and then there's the original Badalamaneti compositions - besides the beautiful intro edit, the Hit and Run scene and especially the Giant levitation scene leading in from 'Slow '30s room' is one of the best TP songs in a loooong while.

add to that all the great Roadhouse joints (the NIN joint, Trouble, Chromatics, and maybe a couple of others). string material to say the leastl.
I am so in love with Slow '30s Room. I can't wait for the original soundtrack release just for that track. Agreed about all of it though.
CuriousWoman
Roadhouse Member

Post by CuriousWoman »

Mystery Roach wrote:I am so in love with Slow '30s Room. I can't wait for the original soundtrack release just for that track. Agreed about all of it though.
You can already get this one actually: This is an extract of track 7 of Lynch album "The Air is on Fire"
master468
Roadhouse Member

Post by master468 »

ImageImage
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

CuriousWoman wrote:
Mystery Roach wrote:I am so in love with Slow '30s Room. I can't wait for the original soundtrack release just for that track. Agreed about all of it though.
You can already get this one actually: This is an extract of track 7 of Lynch album "The Air is on Fire"
how is the rest of that album? i really dig some of Lynch's musical experiments, but whenever he's singing it's like nails ona chalkboard to my ears. is it an instrumental record and does it have yrev very different moods or are most of it similiar to Slow '30s Room?
master468
Roadhouse Member

Post by master468 »

qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

claaa7 wrote:
CuriousWoman wrote:
how is the rest of that album? i really dig some of Lynch's musical experiments, but whenever he's singing it's like nails ona chalkboard to my ears. is it an instrumental record and does it have yrev very different moods or are most of it similiar to Slow '30s Room?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

qbin2001 wrote:
claaa7 wrote:
CuriousWoman wrote:
thank you, will listen later.. right now i got som great Coltrane invading my ears :)
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The Chair from ep 9 is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kv0gvFWgSs
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
pbilly369

Post by pbilly369 »

Ross wrote:The Chair from ep 9 is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kv0gvFWgSs
Beautiful piece of music. Shame I have to use VPN to hear it (not available in U.K.) ..
And your blood may have Laura's fingerprints on it..
smokebelch
Roadhouse Member

Post by smokebelch »

Here's Slow 30's Room taken from my CD copy of The Air Is On Fire. There is a slightly different 1:30 version which seems to have come from the download card which came with the vinyl issue from a few years ago on sacred bones. Im guessing the shorter one will be on the soundtrack??... but I'll guess we'll have to wait and see when the soundtrack comes out...

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Loving the new music but what happened to Julee Cruise?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Loving the new music but what happened to Julee Cruise?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.