Attachments
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.40.36 AM.png
Screen Shot 2017-09-12 at 8.40.36 AM.png (273.54 KiB) Viewed 19504 times
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Re: Music From The New Series

Post by dreamshake »

man I can't wait to see how twin peaks fans make italians do it better records even harder to get.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

damn that's nice!! i really want to purchase the Johnny Jewell album, i listened to it a damn lot via Deezer since its release.. it was a great build up to the new season and it was nice to hear the different tracks pop up in The Return. glad they decided to release it pre-Return as there were some discussions whether to do that or not according to a recent Jewell interview.

btw does anyone know how Rebekah Del Rio is doing these days? i found an article from 2012 which said that she was forced to retire from music and performing due to a brain tumor. sad to hear that but hope she pulled through as she looked well in The Return:

http://www.laobserved.com/archive/2012/ ... ounces.php
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Sorry if this was covered but is "Night" a new or old Angelo track? And where did it appear in The Return?
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

BGate wrote:Sorry if this was covered but is "Night" a new or old Angelo track? And where did it appear in The Return?
It's new, but I don't remember where it was used.
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

BGate wrote:Sorry if this was covered but is "Night" a new or old Angelo track? And where did it appear in The Return?
people are speculating that we hear it in part 12 when Tammy is being intoduced to the Blue Rose... but i'm more leaning towards "The Chair" for that scene.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

yeah that's definitely The Chair. I'll have to go through the credits later and see if it was ever listed.
ScibenX

Post by ScibenX »

Does anyone know if the vinyl soundtracks will come with a digital download code?
hypereccentric

Post by hypereccentric »

I don't know if this is worth mentioning, but I went to my local record store to pick up my CD and got a few promo items. They gave me a bang bang bar keychain, a mini pin-back button, both album cover art prints (they are numbered) and a mini promo poster.
They keychain and the button are okay but the prints are gorgeous.
BGate
RR Diner Member

Post by BGate »

Great interview with Lynch at Pitchfork

https://pitchfork.com/thepitch/david-ly ... win-peaks/

Tuns out we were all wrong about Bowie: He never agreed to reappear (presumably due to his illness), and he asked Lynch to overdub his voice (apparently because he was embarrassed of his Southern accent!).

Also Lynch says that he sculpted the Tea Kettle himself, which has me thinking that was the thing Kyle was referring to in the German (?) interview that Lynch went off on his own to do for a few days.
dreamshake
RR Diner Member

Post by dreamshake »

any idea what's playing when hawk finds the page from laura's diary?
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

dreamshake wrote:any idea what's playing when hawk finds the page from laura's diary?
i'm not sure which specific track or if it has been released but it's a work by Dean Hurley. it might be on the Anthology he released.
there's a lot of really cool stuff Lynch and Hurley did in the Sound Design department that borders between music and FX.

i love the way music was used this Season, it was seriously incredible! You have some of the most iconic themes from the original series but only the ones which still works within the context of the style of new music Badalamenti produced this year. Yet they were sparringly used, which in effect made each apperance give a lot of power to the scene the song accompanied. then you have Badalamenti's aforementioned new score which are all GORGEOUS pieces.. "The Chair", "The Fireman", "Accident / Farewell Theme", "HEARTBREAKING" (!!), all these tracks gives me the chills.

Johnny Jewell's contributions and his entire "Windswept" album (which can be seen as a third soundtrack as all the music on there was written for, and inspired by, the show) really fit the mood of the series and worked great within the same context as Badalamenti's work. it's kind of like how Lynch contrasted Angelo and Barry Pullman's different scores in "Lost Highway", and spicing it up with pre-existing vocal tracks. matter of fact, "Lost Highway" is definitely the one movie in Lynch's catalouge which has the most similarities to "The Return" as far as the music department goes.

The Roadhouse bands... not all of them were a hit to me within the show, but whenever they were actually incorporated into the narrative they really took off. and it's interesting some tracks i like a lot better when not being attached to the visals and the episode - listening to the soundtrack i full on dig the contributions by Lissie, The Cactus Blossoms, Au Revoir Simone. within the show.. not so much..

i have been having both soundtracks on repeat since release date, and especially the instrumental version is a favorite that will last for a long, long time. along with FWWM my favorite soundtrack from the world of TP.
ScibenX

Post by ScibenX »

According to the Bullmoose Vinyl Twitter feed, the colored vinyl soundtracks have been delayed a week to 9/29. :(
claaa7
Great Northern Member

Post by claaa7 »

anyone got their vinyl sets today?
please report on sound quality, etc.
bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Post by bowisneski »

I just can't stop listening to these, and can't wait for the vinyl release! The Roadhouse album flows much better than I was expecting it to, and the score is just fantastic.

My favorite pieces during the show each seem to get stronger with each listen, and some of the ones I was indifferent towards are really growing on me when I can sit down and spend some time with them. Though I kind of wish Sharp Dressed Man had been excluded and Take Five, A Violent Yet Flammable World(I liked this one more than the Au Revoir Simone track that was included on the album), or some other piece would have been on here.

I was also glad that I knew about the Eddie Vedder song back before the series came out and picked up a copy of the vinyl release, I love that Voice-O-Graph recording and sort of wish that had been the version in the show. The song also sort of served as my guide through the season as the lyrics sort of pointed to where we ended up, so it helped prepare me.

And does anyone know anything about the piece that was intercut with Heartbreaking during the dinner scene? I haven't been able to find anything on it anywhere and wasn't sure if I was missing something.