The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheAlien
RR Diner Member

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Post by TheAlien »

I am so glad that they didn't forget to include Penderecki's Threnody in the CD release, for a while I saw tracklists that didn't have it and was getting a bit mad
For I am I: ergo, the truth of myself; my own sphinx, conflict, chaos, vortex—asymmetric to all rhythms, oblique to all paths. I am the prism between black and white: mine own unison in duality.
― Austin Osman Spare
bosguy1981
Great Northern Member

Post by bosguy1981 »

Any thoughts on the really creepy, dreary synth stuff that plays in and around the "My Prayer" motel room sex scene in Part 18? I don't think it's heard in any other scenes in TR, and I'm assuming it's a Dean Hurley thing (hopefully we'll hear it if he puts out a Volume 2).

Do you recognize that from any other scenes, or just that one?
smokebelch
Roadhouse Member

Post by smokebelch »

bosguy1981 wrote:Any thoughts on the really creepy, dreary synth stuff that plays in and around the "My Prayer" motel room sex scene in Part 18? I don't think it's heard in any other scenes in TR, and I'm assuming it's a Dean Hurley thing (hopefully we'll hear it if he puts out a Volume 2).

Do you recognize that from any other scenes, or just that one?
I wonder if it's from the new (old) Thought Gang album?
Both Frank 2000 & Summer Night Noise are used in the series and are long multi part tracks.
Just giving the album a listen now...
Redlodge
Roadhouse Member

Post by Redlodge »

I too would have preferred all new music on TR soundtrack instead of Lara Palmers Theme again. I know there was some issue with licensing on some of the Lynch/Hurley tracks which is the reason they were not included.
Hopefully they will be made avaialabke at some point.
When Jupiter and Saturn meet , oh what a crop of mummy wheat.