Page 2 of 2

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:44 am
by SatisfactionJackson
SatisfactionJackson wrote:I have uploaded it. This is from episode 4. Anyone?
https://soundcloud.com/cecil250/no23-re ... 017-121552


Nobody?

This surprises me. It is in at at least 6 Episodes of Season 3. One of the main themes.

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:55 am
by smokebelch
SatisfactionJackson wrote:
SatisfactionJackson wrote:I have uploaded it. This is from episode 4. Anyone?
https://soundcloud.com/cecil250/no23-re ... 017-121552


Nobody?

This surprises me. It is in at at least 6 Episodes of Season 3. One of the main themes.


I don't reckonise it... not on either soundtrack Cd, or the Dean Hurley or Johnny Jewel albums...
Would guess its maybe one of the Lynch & Hurley tracks- hopefully there will be a second volume of the 'Anthology Resource' that might contain these missing cues.

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:08 pm
by Ross
SatisfactionJackson wrote:
SatisfactionJackson wrote:I have uploaded it. This is from episode 4. Anyone?
https://soundcloud.com/cecil250/no23-re ... 017-121552


Nobody?

This surprises me. It is in at at least 6 Episodes of Season 3. One of the main themes.

Isn't this the new Red Room theme? Heard at the end of the Dark Mood Woods/Red Room combo? It has the same name as the combo track on the second soundtrack. That version had part of Dark Mood Woods, a few other bits, and The Red Room track from ep 29.

The new soundtrack has the full (4:30) Dark Mood Woods followed by the new Red Room sounds from S3.

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:24 pm
by SatisfactionJackson
Ross wrote:
SatisfactionJackson wrote:
SatisfactionJackson wrote:I have uploaded it. This is from episode 4. Anyone?
https://soundcloud.com/cecil250/no23-re ... 017-121552


Nobody?

This surprises me. It is in at at least 6 Episodes of Season 3. One of the main themes.

Isn't this the new Red Room theme? Heard at the end of the Dark Mood Woods/Red Room combo? It has the same name as the combo track on the second soundtrack. That version had part of Dark Mood Woods, a few other bits, and The Red Room track from ep 29.

The new soundtrack has the full (4:30) Dark Mood Woods followed by the new Red Room sounds from S3.


Bingo. Found it.Thank you so much!!

It is on the new soundtrack , called "Dark Mood Woods-The Red Room" and starts at 4.29 min.

I should have listened this track till the end. But thought its the version from season 2

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:39 pm
by Ross
SatisfactionJackson wrote:
Ross wrote:
SatisfactionJackson wrote:
Nobody?

This surprises me. It is in at at least 6 Episodes of Season 3. One of the main themes.

Isn't this the new Red Room theme? Heard at the end of the Dark Mood Woods/Red Room combo? It has the same name as the combo track on the second soundtrack. That version had part of Dark Mood Woods, a few other bits, and The Red Room track from ep 29.

The new soundtrack has the full (4:30) Dark Mood Woods followed by the new Red Room sounds from S3.


Bingo. Found it.Thank you so much!!

It is on the new soundtrack , called "Dark Mood Woods-The Red Room" and starts at 4.29 min.

I should have listened this track till the end. But thought its the version from season 2

Yeah- both combo tracks are named the same- but are different.

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:42 pm
by SatisfactionJackson
Great. I will make my own version. 25 Minutes of that strings from the last part of that track ...

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:38 pm
by dreamshake
I really wish the swelling music with the 119 mom after the car bomb was included in one of the official releases. Anyone know anything more about that cue?

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:05 am
by dreamshake
Mystery Roach wrote:I found this on youtube, although I haven't verified all of it yet. I used it to construct my complete playlist for the time being though. I'm sure it's not 100% perfect, but it's a good place to start.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT ... ZGjC4GghY2


Here's the reddit post that youtube playlist was made from. It's definitely incomplete but it has the best per episode list of cues i have seen. It includes everything listed in the credits, from the archive, on the soundtracks, on Dean Hurley and Jonnny Jewel's albums, as well as some unidentified cues like the 119 swell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6xyh2w/s3e18_twin_peaks_the_return_complete_music_list/

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:20 am
by claaa7
where did this come from?


Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:09 pm
by Mystery Roach
dreamshake wrote:
Mystery Roach wrote:I found this on youtube, although I haven't verified all of it yet. I used it to construct my complete playlist for the time being though. I'm sure it's not 100% perfect, but it's a good place to start.

https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLT ... ZGjC4GghY2


Here's the reddit post that youtube playlist was made from. It's definitely incomplete but it has the best per episode list of cues i have seen. It includes everything listed in the credits, from the archive, on the soundtracks, on Dean Hurley and Jonnny Jewel's albums, as well as some unidentified cues like the 119 swell.

https://www.reddit.com/r/twinpeaks/comments/6xyh2w/s3e18_twin_peaks_the_return_complete_music_list/


Thanks! I didn't see that, but I noticed that there are still a lot of problems with that youtube playlist, so hopefully this will help as I try to sort it out. Generally I find that Hurley's compositions are by far the trickiest to place, and there are still a lot we don't have.

Badalamenti should be easy though. Still no ID on Night? And I watched Part 1 again last night with still no remote idea what Frank 2000 could be

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:25 pm
by dreamshake
That post identifies it as the song that plays when Tammy is inducted into the Blue Rose taskforce but I'm not sure.

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:53 am
by Novalis
Does this list identify the tune Cole was whistling in his office?

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:43 pm
by claaa7
dreamshake wrote:That post identifies it as the song that plays when Tammy is inducted into the Blue Rose taskforce but I'm not sure.


wasn't that "The Chair"? i have to go back and look

The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:24 am
by NightTimeMyTime
Does anyone know where I can find the ambient atmosphere/soundscape/track that's playing in the background when Cooper and Laura are driving at night in part 18? It's very Inland Empire/David Lynch/Dean Hurley, with a doomish, nightmarish quality. I can't find it on either the new soundtrack album or Dean Hurleys brilliant atmosphere album and it wasn't credited in the after credits unfortunately. :/ I'm listening on their The Air is On Fire soundscape album right now (30 minutes in), but haven't heard it yet.

If someone could trace that music I would be grateful. It's easily my favorite mood from the new season.

Re: The Return Soundtrack - a complete track list?

Posted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 3:40 am
by SatisfactionJackson
NightTimeMyTime wrote:Does anyone know where I can find the ambient atmosphere/soundscape/track that's playing in the background when Cooper and Laura are driving at night in part 18? It's very Inland Empire/David Lynch/Dean Hurley, with a doomish, nightmarish quality. I can't find it on either the new soundtrack album or Dean Hurleys brilliant atmosphere album and it wasn't credited in the after credits unfortunately. :/ I'm listening on their The Air is On Fire soundscape album right now (30 minutes in), but haven't heard it yet.

If someone could trace that music I would be grateful. It's easily my favorite mood from the new season.


Seconded. Interesting that its not on the Hurley CD

Off Topic: "Slow dancing parties" and "Tiny Bob Dylan" from Jonatan Bengta are great ambient tracks wich belong in every current TP DJ Set