LP reissues - SAD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

SpookySculder
Roadhouse Member

LP reissues - SAD

Post by SpookySculder »

MY GOD. They're ALL WARPED! Well, mine are anyway. I have the DW FWWM 180 gram vinyl. It doesn't look warped when it plays, but it sounds warped on certain tracks. I then purchased the reissue of the original FWWM vinyl. I could tell BEFORE I played it that it was warped. REALLY WARPED! But it actually sounds pretty good compared to the DW release. The original series soundtrack is warped too but very minor and it sounds ok. But, OMG.. Am I just having bad luck or is all the new released vinyl warped?
SpookyDollhouse
RR Diner Member

Re: LP reissues - SAD

Post by SpookyDollhouse »

The Death Waltz reissues were pressed at a facility that's notorious for quality control problems. WB themselves put out a vanilla reissue of the originals for Europe under their Rhino label, pressed at a place called Record Industry. They press for the MOV audiophile label, as well as other productions. If you want a faithful reissue that doesn't sound awful snap those up, they're about as much as the DW ones and can be grabbed straight from Amazon.

EDIT: I see you did get the original FWWM, if it came warped I'd ask to exchange it. That was likely a handling issue somewhere down the line. Not that it's impossible, but I've yet to get a warped or damaged Record Industry pressing. Believe me, it's well worth it.