Sacred Bones Releasing Julee Cruise Three Demos and The Voice of Love on Vinyl

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

bowisneski
RR Diner Member

Sacred Bones Releasing Julee Cruise Three Demos and The Voice of Love on Vinyl

Post by bowisneski »

Both will be released in standard and limited and here are the descriptions and links

Three Demos - Limited Edition Version pressed on pink vinyl, limited to 1000 copies.
Three Demos is a very unique release, featuring the very first demo recordings for songs from Julee Cruise’s initial LP with David Lynch and Angelo Badalamenti, Floating Into the Night.

These early versions are fascinating glimpses into the genesis of what became Floating Into the Night and the minimal key ingredients that made the material alchemize. An early version of the album opener “Floating” originally began with a stunning spoken-word intro later dropped entirely from the album version. A revelation in their overarching simplicity, the three-song collection is devoid of the LP’s additional arrangement flourishes, and yet still manages to present the same emotional depth charge with only voice, synthesizer and lyric.
The Voice of Love - Limited Edition Version: 2xLP pressed on mailorder-exclusive red-and-clear marble vinyl, limited to 500 copies.
25 years after its initial release, Julee Cruise’s sophomore album The Voice of Love is being issued for the first time on vinyl as a deluxe 2xLP, and returning to print on CD. In 1992, after the release of Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me, David Lynch, Angelo Badalamenti, and Julee Cruise returned to the studio with new compositions as well as the intent to craft previously instrumental score-based material from Fire Walk With Me and Wild at Heart into Julee Cruise songs. The result was 1993’s final studio album The Voice of Love. “In the studio, David would always say ‘[sing] like an angel, like an angel…” Cruise remembers.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re: Sacred Bones Releasing Julee Cruise Three Demos and The Voice of Love on Vinyl

Post by Jerry Horne »

The three demos are:

Floating
Falling
The World Spins
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
^◊^

Re: Sacred Bones Releasing Julee Cruise Three Demos and The Voice of Love on Vinyl

Post by ^◊^ »

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

The demo is just gorgeous. Will they be doing a digital release of the EP too, for those of us without record players, I hope??
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
IcedOver
RR Diner Member

Post by IcedOver »

Glad I read this. I bought "Voice of Love" on tape when it was released. Should have upgraded to CD years ago, but never did (haven't listened to it all the way through in years, though). The CD new is pricey, so it's cool that it's being re-released.
I DON'T FEEL GOOD!!!!!