Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Post by dugpa »

Twin Peaks: New Season 2 Soundtrack Track Listing

You've asked for it and Dugpa.com is happy to deliver. Here is the official track listing to the upcoming Twin Peaks New Season 2 Soundtrack due to street on October 23rd. Clocking at over 71 minutes of never before released music from Twin Peaks: Season 2, the Twin Peaks Pilot, possibly Twin Peaks: Season 1, and Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. Still no listing at Amazon.com, but there should be one in the coming weeks.

01 Love Theme Intro 2:21
02 Shelly 2:17
03 New Shoes 3:48
04 High School Swing 1:51
05 Hayward Boogie 2:16
06 Blue Frank 5:10
07 Audrey's Prayer 2:10
08 I'm Hurt Bad 2:30
09 Cop Beat 1:56
10 Harold's Theme 1:42
11 Barber Shop 1:25
12 Night Bells 2:47
13 Just You 3:36
14 Drug Deal Blues 3:08
15 Audrey 2:26
16 Josie and Truman 4:32
17 Hook Rug Dance 2:24
18 Packard's Vibration 2:39
19 Half Heart 5:31
20 Laura's Dark Boogie 5:01
21 Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room 9:01
22 Love Theme Farewell 2:34

I am beyond happy with the selection. Let's discuss...
Last edited by dugpa on Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Brad D
Global Moderator

Post by Brad D »

such wonderful news!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

God I can't wait for this CD!! Trying to figure out what these titles might be!!

I sure hope the "love theme" from the 2nd season is one of them. The track that sounds sort of like an instrumental version of FWWM's "Questions In A World Of Blue"- but not quite. It can be heard in many scenes throughout the second season, but here are some of the most notable places:
Episode 2.09: Donna telling James that Maddy has been killed.
Episode 2.19: Cooper and Annie's "nature study"/boat ride on the lake.
Episode 2.21: The love scene between Cooper and Annie.

I was also hoping to hear the tune from Episode 2.20: Annie & Cooper's "dance lesson" music (at the final night of pre-Miss Twin Peaks festivities). Doesn't look like any of those titles will be it though.

Regardless, I can't wait.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Track 21. Drool! So, what tracks do we know are from FWWM? I hope the last track is the end credit music to the final episode! One of my favorite variations!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Ross wrote:God I can't wait for this CD!! Trying to figure out what these titles might be!!

I sure hope the "love theme" from the 2nd season is one of them. The track that sounds sort of like an instrumental version of FWWM's "Questions In A World Of Blue"- but not quite. It can be heard in many scenes throughout the second season, but here are some of the most notable places:
Episode 2.09: Donna telling James that Maddy has been killed.
Episode 2.19: Cooper and Annie's "nature study"/boat ride on the lake.
Episode 2.21: The love scene between Cooper and Annie.
I'm pretty sure the song we have known up until today as "Questions in a World of Blue - Instrumental" is now called...

The same music you are citing is also featured for the first time as the music that is playing when Audrey is in One Eyed Jacks praying the he Special Agent.
Ross wrote: I was also hoping to hear the tune from Episode 2.20: Annie & Cooper's "dance lesson" music (at the final night of pre-Miss Twin Peaks festivities). Doesn't look like any of those titles will be it though.
I have a feeling that one may not have made it as the Miss Twin Peaks Theme song.

I am sooooo excited that New Shoes is getting released. I'm pretty sure that it is the track that some have referred to as the "Cooper Interrogation" piece.

"Blue Frank", "Half Heart", "I'm Hurt Bad", "Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room", and "Hook Rug Dance" are tracks that I've been dying to have on CD.

The real mysteries for me are what could possibly be the music behind these names:

04 High School Swing 1:51
05 Hayward Boogie 2:16
09 Cop Beat 1:56
12 Night Bells 2:47
14 Drug Deal Blues 3:08
15 Audrey 2:26
18 Packard's Vibration 2:39
19 Half Heart 5:31
20 Laura's Dark Boogie 5:01
22 Love Theme Farewell 2:34

I have my suspicions but am not 100% certain. All in all, it looks like they have put some of the best songs on the CD and it may replace FWWM as my favorite Lynch Soundtrack.

-B
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Jerry Horne wrote:So, what tracks do we know are from FWWM?
So far, Half Heart and Blue Frank are the only FWWM songs that I recognized. Also to note, Blue Frank may possibly be the only non Badalamenti Track on the CD.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Thanks Dugpa! That's two of my main three hopes: superb news on 'Just You' and it looks like the Louise Dombrowski music is on there too - Hook Rug Dance.

I was really hoping that the long piece of music played when Ben Horne is reminiscing over old cine film of the Great Northern opening (also heard over Nadine's suicide attempt) would make it too, but I don't think it's there - I believe its called Remembrances. A little web research just found me this possible guide to track names for unreleased TP music (apparently taken direct from the scripts) - hope this helps folks out:

http://www.glastonberrygrove.net/jukebox/info.html

I wonder if 'Shelly Quits' from Mr Badalamenti's MySpace page is on here under a different name (Shelly?) - he also has Half Heart up on his page for folks to listen to, but Shelly Quits is the superior piece of music in my opinion.
JoshDeLarge

Post by JoshDeLarge »

Really looking forward to this. I've been listening to selections on the Twin Peaks Season 2 session score on YouTube for awhile now (I believe the link was first posted on Dugpa, the page is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUFxFSyrT-8) and I'm wondering if anyone knows if any of these tracks will feature the music from the YouTube tracks "The Entrance of the Black Lodge" and "Theme from the Black Lodge"? Really cool, eerie stuff. I imagine if anywhere they'll be on the "Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room" monster track (9 minutes!!) but I was curious as to whether anyone knows for sure...
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

Would Hayward Boogie be the piano boogiewoogie played by one of the Hayward sisters at the end of season 2 epsiode one?
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

That sure sounds plausible to me. I would love to have that. I wish there were studio-quality recordings of Ray Wise singing "Get Happy", "Getting to Know You" and "Mairzy Doats" too - I would buy those in a heartbeat. :)

All in all, looking VERY good. I will definitely get this.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I'm pretty sure the song we have known up until today as "Questions in a World of Blue - Instrumental" is now called...

The same music you are citing is also featured for the first time as the music that is playing when Audrey is in One Eyed Jacks praying the he Special Agent.

Oh great! I had forgotten that this track played in the Audrey scene (The scenes I mention just stick out to me as more memorable). Anyway, glad that this beautiful track will be included- although I was hoping it would be a little longer in length!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

jdh.goodgrief wrote: I wonder if 'Shelly Quits' from Mr Badalamenti's MySpace page is on here under a different name (Shelly?) - he also has Half Heart up on his page for folks to listen to, but Shelly Quits is the superior piece of music in my opinion.
Actually, when dugpa posted the list last night, it was listed as "Shelly Quits", but I see its been shortened to just "Shelly" now. Any reason for the change dugpa? Still the same track that Badalamenti has on his page?
biotron
Roadhouse Member

Post by biotron »

JoshDeLarge wrote:Really looking forward to this. I've been listening to selections on the Twin Peaks Season 2 session score on YouTube for awhile now (I believe the link was first posted on Dugpa, the page is at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUFxFSyrT-8) and I'm wondering if anyone knows if any of these tracks will feature the music from the YouTube tracks "The Entrance of the Black Lodge" and "Theme from the Black Lodge"? Really cool, eerie stuff. I imagine if anywhere they'll be on the "Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room" monster track (9 minutes!!) but I was curious as to whether anyone knows for sure...
hey Josh - those two are the tracks i have been after, particularly the first one, sooooo good. i'd be really surprised if it isn't the "Dark Mood Woods / The Red Room"...
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Evenreven wrote:I wish there were studio-quality recordings of Ray Wise singing "Get Happy", "Getting to Know You" and "Mairzy Doats" too - I would buy those in a heartbeat. :)
They would be a great bonus on a final disc, if this one sells well (fingers crossed - I really want Remembrances!)
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Too bad they didnt include "deer meadow shuffle", but im grateful for this release..ive been waiting this for years..and seeing the list here..well, it means, they will not cancel this release!!
As for the songs, ive been especulating about some of them:

1)Love theme intro: i believe it can be heard when ben is watching those old films..It makes sense the opener being a more nostalgic "twin peaks theme"
3) New Shoes: The rocky tune played in a lot of episodes when shelly and bobby are tohether
4) High School Swing: This could be called "Nadine's Tune". Its played during the second season, when nadine is flirting mike.
5) Hayward Boogie ..complete mystery to me..maybe the piano songs in the season 2 premiere?
6)Blue Frank ..I know its from FWWM, but where is played?
7) Audrey's Prayer: Music played when audrey is praying for cooper
im hurt bad: From the pilot
9) Cop beat: maybe the tune that is played when cooper is being questioned by agent roger (Cool song)
10) Harold's theme: I believe everybody knows this song
11) Barber Shop: Was there a barber shop in TP? Dont know this
12) Night Bells: Maybe some ominous and nocturne atmospheric song
13) Just you : I dont think is necessary to talk about this one :)
14) Drug Deal Blues: Does anybody remember a distinctive song in those episodes where the drug deal is made between cooper, earnie and dennis?
15) Audrey : maybe the norwegens scene in the pilot?
16) Josie and Truman: Romantic tune
1) packard's vibration : i really hope is that classical tune played in episode 22. the Pete and catherine scene: "OH, WE FORGOT THE WEENIES!"