Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:If the piano version of the Love Theme is missing from the CD I'm going to be distraught. It'll be a horrible trauma I'll probably never recover from.
Could anyone remind me of an episode where this played, so I know which piece of music it is - I missed out on it on Angelo's site...
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

One last query for the experts, there is a piece of music (another variation of the Falling theme, with a touch more of a 50s feel, and very beautiful) played during a scene between Norma and her mother towards the end of Episode 17, when Norma is told that her mother is the restaurant critic. Does anyone have any idea of the title of this music, or alternatively any other scenes where it plays that could shed some light on what it might be called? Thanks in advance, you're all damn fine folks.:)
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

What's frustrating for me is not having titles for all these songs. How about a project where we brake down all the songs on a scene-by-scene basis for all episodes? Once the box set is released of course.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I'm guessing that "Laura's Dark Boogie" will that "groovy" guitar music that we hear while Laura and Bobby are waiting for Deputy Cliff to show up (it plays a few times in the TV show too, usually when Bobby and Shelly are around). And then I bet "Drug Deal Blues" will be that twangier guitar music when Laura does her "Bobby, you killed Mike" routine later in that same scene; it also shows up in the TV series when Donna shows up at the Sheriff's station to see James in Ep 8, and I think it also plays when Hawk finds drugged up Major Briggs wandering around the woods in Ep 27 or 28? Just my guess though.

Regardless, I just want to say that I am sooooooooo excited for this!! Will it be available on iTunes, do we think? I have been waiting for this for YEARS - I honestly can't believe we're actually getting it, and I will continue to not quite believe it until I have in my hands. Being a TP fan has SUCKED as far as fandom goes over the years, so I feel like we're finally getting what we deserve! It's a good time to be a Peaks Freak again :D
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

With this and the Gold box, the designers among Twin Peaks fans are going to have a field day. I was tempted to try myself, but Ross's design is absolutely stunning. Thank you! Please design a back cover too when it comes out, or else I'll resort to begging! :lol:

Maybe they've consciously hired crap designers so that the fans won't die from side effects of euphoric shock (like forgetting to look both ways crossing the street on our way from the store)? Since we need something to complain about to balance out our love for the series, they could be just be interested in our well-being.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
siriusmystery

Post by siriusmystery »

Well, I hate the Gold Box covers but this one I just love! It might have been something simple from the series like Coop, Little Man and Laura in the Red Room and it would have worked really fine, but this one is so trippy, just so trippy. I like the "cheap" look too.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
FaceInTheLeaves wrote:If the piano version of the Love Theme is missing from the CD I'm going to be distraught. It'll be a horrible trauma I'll probably never recover from.
Could anyone remind me of an episode where this played, so I know which piece of music it is - I missed out on it on Angelo's site...
It's from Fire Walk With Me, when Leland says goodnight to Laura. There's a short clip of it in montage to Twin Peaks.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

dugpa wrote:Looking back, I actually like that they called it "Audrey's Prayer" as it seems that they intended to have it be the Audrey/Cooper Love Theme before they decided to change the story arc and bring in Wheeler and Annie to break the pair apart.

Oh, what could have been...
heck/hell yeah! This is actually one of my favorite pieces. It's sad and hopefully at the same time, with a wonderful sense of yearning.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:
It's from Fire Walk With Me, when Leland says goodnight to Laura. There's a short clip of it in montage to Twin Peaks.
Got it - I'd been concentrating on the series itself, but I've always wanted full versions of the tracks we don't already have that are in that FWWM montage: Girl Talk, Birds in Hell and the piano version of Laura's Theme.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

8 days until release. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in doing an online listening party.

I've seen this done on theonering.net

Basically, what they've done is a bunch of people meet up in a chat room at a specific time. Usually at night.

Then they all synchronize their films and hit play at the same time. While it is playing on their PC, everyone is watching or in this case, listening at the same time and can chat about it as if they are all in the same room.

Anyway, let me know if this is a lame idea or too much. If at least 10 people are interested, I'll post something on the main page.

-B
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Brian,

That sounds like a great idea! If my schedule allowed, I would definitely be game for that (I'm directing a production of "Hamlet" currently, so my free nights are few).

I imagine that I would probably like to enjoy the disc once by myself (in the dark, with the speakers turned up) and then communally online!
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

It's a good time to be a Peaks Freak again Very Happy
Lucky for me I'm a newbie :lol:

But this cd cover is trash! I dislike it greatly.

What do you think would be the best technique to print out a fan made cover and put it in it's place? That is... if that would be okay with Ross for me to use his FANTASTIC efforts on my own case.

Is there a larger version I can get? Same goes with those AMAZING fan dvd covers I've seen. I want a copy large enough to print out and put over the actual box. Could this be possible?

I'm SO EXCITED for High School Swing and I'm Hurt Bad! You know, I get this tingling sensation in my toes and in my stomach whenever I listen to this music... And I don't think it has anything to do with coffee.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Can I just say how excited I am about this CD next week? I think I'm maybe even more excited about the CD than the gold box set (though don't get me wrong, I'll happily take both). It's a very good month to be a Twin Peaks fan! :D
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Got a review copy and am listening to it now. Check back tomorrow for a full review and details on a new contest.

I am beyond happy at this moment.

-B
kimldk

Post by kimldk »

wow, i can't wait!

i'm a bit surprised (read: disappointed) this hasn't leaked on any torrent sites yet...