Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I wish you guys could hear it so we can start discussing it. When I opened up the CD case I was overcome with excitement. Hearing those tracks sure brought back a lot of old memories.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

THANKS DUGPA!!!!!!! Can't believe how close I am to hearing this! Most excited about "Audrey's Prayer" because I've always thought it was one of the most beautiful pieces of music ever. Also "New Shoes", and "Hook Rug Dance". The scene at the RR where Cooper tells Annie the penguin joke is one of the best scenes in the whole series, and the music plays a large part in that.

Only real disapointment is that Cooper & Annie's dance music is missing. And also the cool version of "Falling" that plays when Norma's mother tells her that she's MT Wentz.

I've said it a lot, but its worth saying again; Can't wait.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Don't rub it in Dugpa - trust me, we wish we could be listening to it too!!!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
kimldk

Post by kimldk »

i'm so excited i'm nearly shitting myself!

stellar review.
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

I'm real excited too - but seriously annoyed if the rumour that the cd release has been put back another week is true.. After 17 years, another week is too much.

Thanks for the review Dugpa - I glanced at one or two tracks there, just to confirm stuff, but have left the majority of the review as I want hear the CD without any expectations/ideas - although the expectation levels are THROUGH THE ROOF!

Aaaaarrrggghhhh! :evil:
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

lostandfound wrote:I'm real excited too - but seriously annoyed if the rumour that the cd release has been put back another week is true.. After 17 years, another week is too much.
Where'd you hear that? Amazon still lists it as the 23rd.
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

From a post by TheArm earlier:

"Amazon.com is still listing the original release date of Oct. 23, but Best Buy, Barnes & Noble and Ryko Distribution's websites are all now listing the CD release date as being Oct. 30."

Dugpa mentioned he'd find out more on Monday, and I really do hope it's just a mistake, but it looks like it may well be delayed and Amazon is simply not up-to-date.

Annoying - I paid for priority delivery from them (v expensive) as I am so desperate to get hold of the cd!

Crossing my fingers.... :?
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

Dugpa, can you give me an update on wether these tracks are included anywhere on the cd?

Into the Fire

Entrance to the Lodge

Questions in a World of Blue Ver 1

Wounds and Scars
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Which episode is Into the Fire from? The other two I believe are on the CD. Check out my review on the track lists.

http://www.dugpa.com/review_cd.php

-B
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

into the fire is played as Log Lady is describing the marks on her leg, Briggs is there too...it seems to be played whenever Lodge discussions happen, but that is where i vividly remember it. it is on the youtube session 2 track sessions mentioned before as into the fire.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Checked out the youtube clip. Sorry to say, Into the Fire is not on the new CD.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

very very disappointing

i guess they needed more room for another jazzy track. it seems like all of the mood pieces were largely ignored for this release.....even though those are the best pieces of music in twin peaks..
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Well, after more than half a lifetime of waiting, I finally just listened to 'Just You' and 'Hook Rug Dance' in crystal clear audio. Both are simply stunning, and the definite highlights of this impressive disc. Other very welcome tracks include 'High School Swing' (which brought a definite smile to my face), 'Half Heart', which we've all come to love on Angelo's MySpace page, 'Shelly' and 'Drug Deal Blues', which is unusual as I don't often like the style of that last track. Harold's Theme, Blue Frank and Audrey's Prayer ae pleasing too, while the Love Themes offer enough of a new spin on an old sound to be interesting. There are tracks that don't really add much to what we already have - particularly Audrey, and ones that focus on jazy noodlings similar to some tracks on the first CD: Laura's Dark Boogie, for instance. There are also tracks I'd prefer left off - Hayward Boogie, I'm Hurt Bad, Cop Beat, Barbershop and Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room - but they are not much to skip through on an otherwise splendid 22 track CD. The photos were well chosen, and also brought back memories.

I'm delighted to have this in my collection, but I still hope we get to hear more in the future, one way or another. Remembrances (from Ben Horne's cinefilm moment) would have graced this album, while the disc really lacks a new spin on Falling, where the wonderful version played in part at the end of that cinefilm scene, then fully during the MT Wentz revelation scene at the Double R, would have been perfect. There are plenty more candidates for a further disc: James' 50s motorbiking theme, full versions of the tracks condensed into 'Montage From Twin Peaks' on the FWWM soundtrack... There is the potential there for another disc equal in quality to this one. Fingers crossed the sales persuade them to go for another full release, offer a more limited website release, or even offer paid downloads. There is far more money to be had!:)

16 years on, the collection just got all the sweeter, fingers crossed it will be perfect before I'm in my 40s...
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Just listened to Hook Rug Dance again - it is truly sensational! And to hear an extended version after all this time is such a privilege. I can only imagine what a wonderul job Angelo could do with an extended version of Remembrances. The sound quality on this CD is stunning.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

The credits on the cd list a song called 'Abstract Mood' yet it seems to have been removed at the last minute. Dugpa?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM