Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Maybe it was the original name for Dark Mood Woods and they didn't synch up the names on the back cover. Hard to say since there isn't a song by song breakdown in the liner notes.

-B
fogride

Post by fogride »

It seems clear now, since the hidden track has been revealed, that Abstract Mood and Credit Boogie were not typos in the liner but the names of the two segments on the hidden track. The wind is pretty abstract and the piano is most likely Alicia Witt.
The lonesome foghorn blows...
shelly_briggs

packards' vibration

Post by shelly_briggs »

could somebody tell me in which scenes of twin peaks "packards' vibration" is played?
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

All of them? Or just one or two? I distinctly remember this being played at the Packards reunion (the end of episode 20, I think). Also, Thomas Eckhart in the elevator at the Great Northern. This is all from (old) memory. There are probably a lot more.

And welcome! I like the Shelly Briggs username (something for season 5, perhaps). :)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I also remembered it was used a lot during those scenes in the final few episodes where they were dealing with Thomas Eckhardt's mystery puzzle box.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Yes! Now that you mention it, I can hear that in my head. Definitely correct. I'm pretty sure it's played when Andrew picks up the key after it's opened.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
Christian1989
RR Diner Member

Post by Christian1989 »

I believe we hear it for the first time in the end of episode 18 when Josie agrees to become Catherine's servant, and Andrew appears in the series for the first time.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Christian1989 wrote:I believe we hear it for the first time in the end of episode 18 when Josie agrees to become Catherine's servant, and Andrew appears in the series for the first time.
That sounds right to me; we then proceed to hear it in every single Packard/Martell scene for the rest of the series!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
shelly_briggs

Post by shelly_briggs »

Evenreven wrote:All of them? Or just one or two? I distinctly remember this being played at the Packards reunion (the end of episode 20, I think). Also, Thomas Eckhart in the elevator at the Great Northern. This is all from (old) memory. There are probably a lot more.

And welcome! I like the Shelly Briggs username (something for season 5, perhaps). :)
Just a few, thank you!!
:)