Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Post by FaceInTheLeaves »

A few thoughts on the new Twin Peaks CD, which I'm very excited about...

1. The CD will be easy enough to get hold of before its UK release, through Amazon Marketplace or Amazon US. Most people already have companies they buy their import DVDs and CDs from (one of the joys of being a non-US DL fan).

2. Angelo Badalamenti has done a fantastic job of putting this CD together - so fantastic there can't be much left for a fourth Twin Peaks CD? It's wonderful to have a Twin Peaks release that gives the fans what they want. Nobody's disappointed, which is a feat none of the Twin Peaks DVDs have managed. Everything I hoped for is on there. Maybe what's left could eventually be sold via Angelo Badalamenti's website and/or iTunes as digital downloads?

3. I'm most looking forward to Half Heart, Shelly, Hook Rug Dance and Audrey's Prayer, which I believe is the Questions In A World Of Blue instrumental. Audrey only prays once and that music's playing in the background. I'm also excited about Hayward Boogie, which (if my suspicions are correct) is one of my favourite pieces of music from the series.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

What a cliffhanger! :lol:

Tell us, man, what are your suspicions? Gersten's end credits piano playing?
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

FaceInTheLeaves wrote:2. Angelo Badalamenti has done a fantastic job of putting this CD together - so fantastic there can't be much left for a fourth Twin Peaks CD?
A good portion of the FWWM underscore is probably going to go unpublished. I was hoping that the fourth CD might let these see the light of day, because I think if anyone listens closely to the soundtrack on FWWM it is an absolutely brilliant underscore. But we will see!
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

silenttwn wrote:
FaceInTheLeaves wrote:2. Angelo Badalamenti has done a fantastic job of putting this CD together - so fantastic there can't be much left for a fourth Twin Peaks CD?
A good portion of the FWWM underscore is probably going to go unpublished. I was hoping that the fourth CD might let these see the light of day, because I think if anyone listens closely to the soundtrack on FWWM it is an absolutely brilliant underscore. But we will see!
While most of the "biggies" will be on the CD, there will certainly be some stuff left out. The aforementioned stuff from FWWM, and I'm sure some stuff from the series as well.

I was hoping for "Audrey's Prayer", and the track (from Episode 2.20) that played during Annie & Cooper's "dance lesson". I don't think the latter is on the new CD, so there will def. be some unreleased stuff. Not sure if it would be enough for a full CD though.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I just realized something today. I'm 32 years old now which means I've been waiting half my life for this CD to come out.

Damn, that's crazy.

The best thing about this release is that we will finally be able to hear the songs we love in their entirety. Moost of the Episodes only use clips here and there. Many of these songs have intros and outros and second verses that we have never even heard.

OK. End of Fan Boy ranting for tonight.

-B
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

I know what you mean Dugpa. I sometimes worry I'll be dead by the time the FWWM deleted scenes are finally released and I'm not joking, which is damn scary. I'm sure before long we'll be lobbying for a HD DVD or Blu-Ray release of FWWM and then I hope that's it. I have the series in a format I can watch without worrying about tracking problems, fuzziness, terrible sound and that's all I've ever wanted. I'm sure future formats will continue to improve on the quality of DVD but I won't be losing sleep over it. I've devoted too much time to worrying about these things.

I'm thrilled about the new CD and it's a lovely surprise because I didn't expect it after all these years, but between Music From Twin Peaks, the FWWM soundtrack, two Lynch/Badalamenti produced Julee Cruise albums and More Music From Twin Peaks, I think we've been well catered for. As I said in my last post, the most effective way of getting the remaining music to the fans is to release it as dowloads.

I think Hayward Boogie is the piano music from the Hayward Family Supper Club scene, Evenreven. It's also used in the opening scene of the episode after James leaves Twin Peaks, where he's riding his Harley.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

When it comes to the remaining material, I'd take a download service over additional CDs any day of the week - the response here and on Mr Badalamenti's mySpace page shows the demand is there, particularly for 'Rmembrances' which got a lot of requests on his page. I wish more television companies would take advantage of the technology to get a wider variety of score out to fans. An 80 minute CD can capture most music from a film, but can only go so far towards representing the music for an entire television series. There is a hell of a lot of music from television I would love to own, but never will, as it would never see a CD release. I'm delighted that some of the music I had counted in this category will now be included in this forthcoming Twin Peaks disc. For me, the music is more important even than the shows, so this release is more exciting than the DVDs.
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

I couldn't agree more. I wasn't sure about downloads in the beginning but they're so much more flexible than an 80 minute CD. Shelly Quits has had 37263 plays on Angelo Badalamenti's MySpace page! Even if only a small percentage of those people followed a link to iTunes and paid 79p (or the equivalent in US dollars) to download it, you'd still be looking at a couple of thousand sales.

It won't be long before David Lynch discovers the advantages of selling music downloads via his website - now there's a man with an enterprising mind, lol. Rather than sitting on music that'll never be heard Angelo B. might aswell share it with fans and make lots of money while he's at it. The remaining music might be fanboy heaven (I'd pay to download everything) but strictly speaking an entire CD would be scraping the bottom of the barrel :lol:
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I wonder when they'll release the cover art for the CD.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I've been trying to get it but so far no dice. I was barely able to get the track list. I've been trying different angles to get that list for weeks now. I'm sure the artwork will be available in the next few weeks.

-B
FaceInTheLeaves
Roadhouse Member

Yet I'm assuming the powers that be will expect us to be all over their CD like a cheap suit when they deign to share it with us? I'm sure they'll have used stills we've seen many times before, and unless they've created a new typeface just for this release I'm guessing that'll be pretty generic too. My money's on a standard plastic jewel case and there'll most likely be a barcode. There's not much room within those parameters to do anything worthy of Area 51 style secrecy. They're peddling a third volume of music from a TV series that was cancelled 16 years ago, not the whereabouts of Osama Bin Laden.

The most logical explanation is that they employed the graphic design genius behind the gold box (oops) and are busy placing finished the CDs in brown paper bags before unleashing them on an unsuspecting public. I'm practising my B-movie shriek as I type...
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

If you click on Shelly Quits on Angelo's MySpace page you now get an image that looks like it could be Cover Art, incorporating a very fitting line from the series...

http://www.myspace.com/angelobadalamenti
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I'm pretty sure that is the temp artwork. The final artwork should be quite different.

-B
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Very different indeed. Very 80's in my opinion.

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

It's as bad as the dvd box set at least.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM