Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music Soundtrack Track Listing

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Annie, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne, Brad D

User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Postby dugpa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:21 am

Ross wrote:Actually, when dugpa posted the list last night, it was listed as "Shelly Quits", but I see its been shortened to just "Shelly" now. Any reason for the change dugpa? Still the same track that Badalamenti has on his page?


Correct. I had mistyped it and went back to my original source and found that it's just called "Shelly" now. Also the runtime is different than the Shelly Quits on Angelo's site. I can only suspect either they changed it, used a different version, or it is a completely different song. Will have to wait and see.
User avatar
underthefan
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Apr 19, 2007 12:21 pm

Postby underthefan » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:35 am

I'm curious about songs from FWWM. Is "Blue Frank" the second song that is heard in the Partyland scene, after "The Pink Room"? Also, I could be mistaken, but "Laura's Dark Boogie" is also probably from the movie, but have no idea which song it is.

All in all, I'm stoked about this release! I can't wait! :P
pvilmur
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:35 pm
Location: San Francisco

Postby pvilmur » Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:57 pm

Auggeo wrote:11) Barber Shop: Was there a barber shop in TP? Dont know this


Perhaps the barbershop quartet crooning in the background from a scene I believe was directed by Diane Keaton?
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Postby Ross » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:36 pm

underthefan wrote:I'm curious about songs from FWWM. Is "Blue Frank" the second song that is heard in the Partyland scene, after "The Pink Room"? Also, I could be mistaken, but "Laura's Dark Boogie" is also probably from the movie, but have no idea which song it is.

All in all, I'm stoked about this release! I can't wait! :P


Yes, "Blue Frank" is the second song (after "The Pink Room") from the Partyland scene in FWWM. And like "The Pink Room", it is a Lynch track, not Badalamenti. I was a little worried that it might not be included because of that, but thankfully it will be.

"Laura's Dark Boogie" is a mystery. I was thinking it might be the track in FWWM where Bobby shoots Dep. Cliff. This can also be heard in the series.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Postby Ross » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:46 pm

How about the great jazzy piece from the beginning of Episode 2.17 where a drunk Truman mourns over Josie's death? Think this might be "Josie & Truman"?

Is "New Shoes" the same theme that plays when Agent Hardy interrogates Cooper? (And is also in the final episode when Nadine finally regains her memory). I can't remember the music in the Leo scene.
User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Postby dugpa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:57 pm

underthefan wrote:I'm curious about songs from FWWM. Is "Blue Frank" the second song that is heard in the Partyland scene, after "The Pink Room"? Also, I could be mistaken, but "Laura's Dark Boogie" is also probably from the movie, but have no idea which song it is.

Blue Frank is the second half of the Pink Room music in Partyland.

Still have no idea what Laura's Dark Boogie could be. Maybe it's the Guitar music when Laura and Bobby are doing the Drug Deal with Deputy Cliff. Then again, maybe that is Drug Deal Blues.
User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Postby dugpa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 5:59 pm

Ross wrote:New Shoes" the same theme that plays when Agent Hardy interrogates Cooper? (And is also in the final episode when Nadine finally regains her memory). I can't remember the music in the Leo scene.


I think so. I'd bet money on it. Since it is the first time that song comes up is when Leo says New Shoes. Maybe that is how they are doing the naming conventions. I mean when I think of the instrumental to Questions in a World of Blue, I never thought of it as the music palying during "Audrey's Prayer" but it does make sense since that was the first scene (I believe) to incorporate this music.

-B
User avatar
Jerry Horne
Posts: 4525
Joined: Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:28 pm
Location: Private Portland Airport
Contact:

Postby Jerry Horne » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:10 pm

pvilmur wrote:
Auggeo wrote:11) Barber Shop: Was there a barber shop in TP? Dont know this


Perhaps the barbershop quartet crooning in the background from a scene I believe was directed by Diane Keaton?


The barbershop scene was early in the second season well before the Keaton episode. If in fact that is what the track is.
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Postby Ross » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:13 pm

dugpa wrote:
Ross wrote:New Shoes" the same theme that plays when Agent Hardy interrogates Cooper? (And is also in the final episode when Nadine finally regains her memory). I can't remember the music in the Leo scene.


I think so. I'd bet money on it. Since it is the first time that song comes up is when Leo says New Shoes. Maybe that is how they are doing the naming conventions. I mean when I think of the instrumental to Questions in a World of Blue, I never thought of it as the music palying during "Audrey's Prayer" but it does make sense since that was the first scene (I believe) to incorporate this music.

-B


Yeah, the naming thing is a bit weird. I don't even remember that track being in the Leo scene, but it stands out so much in the Cooper/Hardy scene and the Nadine scene in the final episode. Its a big part of what makes those two scenes so memorable. Same with "Audrey's Prayer". Seems kinda weird to tie it to her, when that peice of music is used so beautifully elsewhere.
User avatar
dugpa
Site Admin
Posts: 1228
Joined: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:45 am
Contact:

Postby dugpa » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:17 pm

Looking back, I actually like that they called it "Audrey's Prayer" as it seems that they intended to have it be the Audrey/Cooper Love Theme before they decided to change the story arc and bring in Wheeler and Annie to break the pair apart.

Oh, what could have been...
User avatar
Sam Howzit
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Barbershop Quartet

Postby Sam Howzit » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:35 pm

Aloha all - Long time lurker but never really posted anything. Great to see the TP community is still alive. It is wonderful to see the track listing for the upcoming soundtrack. Paydirt!! I've been a fan of the music since I first watched TP in 1993 (missed the whole original broadcast thing). I've always hoped a second soundtrack would be released. It's so close...

I believe the Barbershop could refer to the Barbershop Quartet singing in Episode 2002 (or #9 depending upon your preference for numbering). This is the scene where Cooper tells Albert about King Ho Ho Ho at breakfast. There is a quartet singing in the background.

All I can say is the 30-day trial of Adobe Audition and the Direct X Center Channel extractor add-on are interesting tools to use. Or at least that is what an owl told me.

Sam
User avatar
Sam Howzit
Posts: 39
Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:22 pm

Grieg

Postby Sam Howzit » Tue Sep 18, 2007 7:57 pm

And while we are on the subject of music, don't forget Edvard Grieg's "Piano Concerto in A Minor (1st Movement)" This is the music played in season 2 where Pete learns about Andrew. Forget which episode off the top of my heard. A nice reader to WIP once responded to a question I asked long ago. It's a great piece of music to include. Unfortunately, I'm unsure which orchestra / conductor was used in the series.

Perhaps this has been discussed before. I think it is the only classical piece used in the series. I can't tell if the "opera" music when the Briggs' have dinner (Maj. Briggs puts the smack down on Bobby when he lights up) and later used at Wallies in the Diane Keaton episode is an original Badalamenti work or from something else.

Sam
User avatar
Ross
Posts: 2204
Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:04 pm
Contact:

Postby Ross » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:08 pm

jdh.goodgrief wrote:I was really hoping that the long piece of music played when Ben Horne is reminiscing over old cine film of the Great Northern opening (also heard over Nadine's suicide attempt) would make it too, but I don't think it's there - I believe its called Remembrances.


I'm pretty sure this variant of "Laura Palmer's Theme" will be either the first or last track. (One of the "Love Themes"). Remember that the "Love Theme From Twin Peaks" on the Original Soundtrack is a version of "Laura Palmer's Theme".
Hank_Jennings
Posts: 73
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:05 pm
Location: Australia

Postby Hank_Jennings » Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:29 pm

Hey, this is great news, thanks.

6)Blue Frank ..I know its from FWWM, but where is played?


I'd also like to know this aswell. Which part of FWWM is this track played?
User avatar
jmichael
Posts: 300
Joined: Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:31 pm
Location: Philadelphia, PA

Postby jmichael » Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:08 pm

Ross wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:I was really hoping that the long piece of music played when Ben Horne is reminiscing over old cine film of the Great Northern opening (also heard over Nadine's suicide attempt) would make it too, but I don't think it's there - I believe its called Remembrances.


I'm pretty sure this variant of "Laura Palmer's Theme" will be either the first or last track. (One of the "Love Themes"). Remember that the "Love Theme From Twin Peaks" on the Original Soundtrack is a version of "Laura Palmer's Theme".


But the track(s) Ross is talking about is a guitar version of "Falling" (Main TP theme), not "Laura Palmer's Theme," which is what the "Love Theme" is
based on. I'm curious as to exactly what those first and last tracks are...

I was really hoping for the "Falling" tracks too, Ross. Perhaps in the next volume?!?!

Return to “Twin Peaks Music”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest