Which Songs do you hope will be on the Season 2 Soundtrack?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Which Songs do you hope will be on the Season 2 Soundtrack?

Post by dugpa »

I am hoping for tracks from Episode 29 in the Black Lodge. What are the tracks that you are most looking forward to being on the CD?
xas

Post by xas »

i like the song that James selected in the jukebox when he was at Wallies.
It is the same song of Industrial Symphony No. 1, but i don't know the title... :roll: does anybody know it??
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

The pieces I'd like to hear are the rug dance music from Ben & Jerry's flashback, the music that played during the scene between Cooper and Wheeler, the guitar version of "Falling" from Ben Horne's home movies, Windom Earle's theme, and the variation on "Questions in a World of Blue" that played at Leland's wake.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Why not release a complete multi-disc box set? After all, seventeen years after the series has premiered, mostly diehard fans are buying this anyway and i'm sure price is no concern. Anyway, there are so many cues to choose from. I love some of the darker passages such as the music that closed out episode 27 (Where the camera is tracking throughout town and ends up on BOB in Glostonberry Grove) Let's also not forget Lana's exotic jazz theme! And so on and so forth...
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

The song Bobby and James respectfully play on the jukebox is called "I'm Hurt Bad". I'd like to have that one too, it's beautiful.

And variations on "Questions on a world of blue" especially the one played during Donna and James' picnic.

Also, the song James plays, with Donna and Maddy in the choir.
Teopeaks
RR Diner Member

Post by Teopeaks »

One last song:

When Bobby and Shelly are having a conversation in the car at night, there's a rock''n'roll tune, also used in the scene in FWWM when Bobby shoots the Dear Meadow cop in the woods, that is great. I'd love to have it on cd.

But I not the Harold Smith's themes, I don't really like them.
page_ripped_out

fwwm

Post by page_ripped_out »

Forgive me if i am completely wrong, but will the CD include music from both the tv show AND the movie?

IF so, then from FWWM, Blue Frank ( i THINK the variation of THE PINK ROOM track ) and Luigi Cherubini's REQUIEM IN C MINOR from the end credits and the brooding dark dark piece in the black lodge playing as Bob gives the Man from another place his Garmonbosia (spelling?) and has Leland hanging in mid air...

Plus ANYthing that sounds in the same vien as 'Nightlife in Twin Peaks' and other deeply dark, ominous and frankly beautiful musical pieces from Angelo.
" Diane, I'm holding in my hand, a box of small chocolate bunnies... "
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Re: fwwm

Post by jmichael »

page_ripped_out wrote:Forgive me if i am completely wrong, but will the CD include music from both the tv show AND the movie?
The plan, as announced on Angelo's MySpace page is to first release a cd of the Season Two soundtrack and then release a "More Music from Twin Peaks" cd that would include the remaining unreleased tracks from Season 1, Season 2 and FWWM.
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

An all instrumental version of Sycamore Trees.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Re: fwwm

Post by silenttwn »

page_ripped_out wrote:and the brooding dark dark piece in the black lodge playing as Bob gives the Man from another place his Garmonbosia (spelling?) and has Leland hanging in mid air...

Plus ANYthing that sounds in the same vien as 'Nightlife in Twin Peaks' and other deeply dark, ominous and frankly beautiful musical pieces from Angelo.
Could be wrong but I believe the scene where Bob gives the Gamonbozia is an instrumental version of Sycamore Tree's.

On the second thing, yes I agree with you. There was quite a bit of ambient music going on, especially in FWWM. There's one track in particular played throughout the series that I want to hear, and it's like this tension piece of music that eventually ends in this orchestral swelling at the end. The best example of it I can think of is the last episode, when Doc Hayward clocks Ben Horne into the fireplace.
gigi

Post by gigi »

i'm really hoping that the theme from episode 29 will be on the soundtrack (the theme played right at the beginning of the episode, when cooper and truman figure out the location of the lodge).

been looking all over the web for it and actually i found some variations of it, but not the 'real thing'.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

gigi wrote:i'm really hoping that the theme from episode 29 will be on the soundtrack (the theme played right at the beginning of the episode, when cooper and truman figure out the location of the lodge).

been looking all over the web for it and actually i found some variations of it, but not the 'real thing'.
Me too. I'm pretty sure if anything that that piece would be called the Black Lodge Theme. It's hasn't been released yet but I'm 100% sure it'll appear on the soundtrack. I don't know anything, but I just think it's a given.
zachary_mayo

Post by zachary_mayo »

I like Harold Smith's themes very much, and would love to have them on CD. They're not the best TP themes, of course, but they have their own mood, pretty unique in comparison with the others themes.
zachary_mayo

Post by zachary_mayo »

There's another great musical moment in Episode 14, when Leo says for the first time "new shoes" (which frightens poor Shelly). The tune we hear then is one of the coolest things Angelo Badalamenti wrote.

And then, Shelly tells Norma she wants to quit. It seems the "Shelly quits" track will be on the forthcoming CD. If only "new shoes" could also be on it, that would be fantastic.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

I would be satisfied just for "deer meadow shuffle" and that ominous track from episode 29..I beg mister Badalamenti..put those 2 songs on the album..