Season 2 CD release date - small concern

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

TheArm
Great Northern Member

Season 2 CD release date - small concern

Post by TheArm »

Amazon.com is still listing the original release date of Oct. 23, but Best Buy, Barnes & Noble and Ryko Distribution's websites are all now listing the CD release date as being Oct. 30. What gives?
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Damn.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Interesting. I'll check into it on Monday. It is possible that they delayed it a week to street the same day as the DVD box set. I should know on Monday for sure.

-B
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

dugpa wrote:Interesting. I'll check into it on Monday. It is possible that they delayed it a week to street the same day as the DVD box set. I should know on Monday for sure.

-B
Any news on this Dugpa? Amazon still say it's out tomorrow - I live in the UK and have it on priority order (I'm that desperate to get my hands on it) and they haven't yet sent anything...

thanks!
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Pretty sure it's safe to say it's been delayed. Oh well, one more week isn't that bad. Just think of how much happier you'll be in one week. :-P
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

lostandfound wrote:
dugpa wrote:Interesting. I'll check into it on Monday. It is possible that they delayed it a week to street the same day as the DVD box set. I should know on Monday for sure.

-B
Any news on this Dugpa? Amazon still say it's out tomorrow - I live in the UK and have it on priority order (I'm that desperate to get my hands on it) and they haven't yet sent anything...

thanks!
Me too - I spent a small fortune on other US-only CDs and DVDs to spread the cost!:)
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Just got word back from Absurda that the street date is tomorrow, October 23rd.

Just speculation, but I think the Inland Empire CD didn't hit some of the local stores like Best Buy until the following week.

Best thing to do is call ahead and post back your findings on the message board.

I'll update if I hear anything else.

-B
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Amazon.com Sales Rank: #84 in Music
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Damn - i already cancelled my order. If anyone notices that Amazon is shipping the cd, please let us know!
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

That's really great that the sales rank is so high! I'm excited to see that there's such an appetite for this. Hopefully it'll be a sign to Absurda/the Twin Peaks gods that the people want more!! And yeah, I've pre-ordered from Amazon and specified that I wanted one-night shipping, so theoretically it SHOULD come on Wednesday (that's what Amazon is telling me). I'll let you know when I receive some sort of shipment confirmation. Will also check on iTunes to see if it appears on there tomorrow...

And good point, re: Best Buy; it took forever until my local one got in the Inland Empire DVD, a couple weeks after it's supposed street date.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
underthefan
Great Northern Member

Just shipped!

Post by underthefan »

Amazon just shipped the CD! So, all is back on track! YAY!
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Damn, Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet. But I didn't pre-order till a week or two ago.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

silenttwn wrote:Damn, Amazon hasn't shipped mine yet. But I didn't pre-order till a week or two ago.
I pre-ordered mine the day Dugpa put up the link, but mine hasn't shipped yet either...in fact my status hasn't even changed to "shipping soon" yet :( . Hopefully it will ship tomorrow so I can have it by Thursday.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Mine hasn't entered the shipping process yet either, and when you click on the CD details now it says 3-5 weeks to ship. I'm guessing they didn't order enough to meet demand, but hopefully ours will squeeze through. I'm still being told my priority international parcel should arrive by 30 October...
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

Mine shipped out yesterday! YAY!
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?