Season 2 CD release date - small concern

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:Mine hasn't entered the shipping process yet either, and when you click on the CD details now it says 3-5 weeks to ship. I'm guessing they didn't order enough to meet demand, but hopefully ours will squeeze through. I'm still being told my priority international parcel should arrive by 30 October...
I'm going to head to the Barnes & Noble near my office over lunch to see if they got it in stock. It would probably be worth paying an extra few dollars for it than to wait 3-5 weeks.

The same thing happened with my Inland Empire cd. I pre-ordered it, but it took Amazon (who I usually have no problem with) a week past release date to get one in stock and ship to me.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I went to Barnes and Noble, Borders, Walmart, and Target and NONE of them had it. Barnes and Noble said they were getting it next week.

I am fuming mad.

If anyone finds a store selling it today, please let me know which one.

Thanks !
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Yeah, I had a bad feeling this would happen. Not that another week is really THAT big a deal in the grand scheme of things, but I was so looking forward to this today!!

Amazon is still saying my expected date of delivery is Oct. 24, but it also hasn't shipped yet either, so I'm figuring that it's highly unlikely I'll really get it tomorrow. The new "this will ship in 3-5 weeks" message isn't exactly encouraging either. It's not on iTunes either as of now; I'll check back again when I get home, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

On the bright side, I guess it's nice to see that the demand has exceeded expectations! It may be frustrating in the short term, but hopefully will bear fruit in the long term if retailers see what a strong appetite there still is for Twin Peaks.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

TheArm wrote:It's not on iTunes either as of now; I'll check back again when I get home, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.
I doubt it's going to pop up on iTunes - at least not right away. The "Inland Empire" soundtrack hasn't made it up there either.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

TheArm wrote:
On the bright side, I guess it's nice to see that the demand has exceeded expectations! It may be frustrating in the short term, but hopefully will bear fruit in the long term if retailers see what a strong appetite there still is for Twin Peaks.
I'm taking the coffe cup half-full approach too - all the more reason for another soundtrack featuring Ben Horne's cinefilm music 'Remembrances'!
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

I have had nothing from Amazon - no update at all via email, so am thinking that I will miss out until their new "3-5 week" estimate (especially as I'm in the UK - no chance of it appearing here hence why I ordered it priority-delivery from the US).

Totally gutted.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I feel like Charlie Brown when he tried to kick the football. :roll:
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Yeah, I'm really bummed, but not much we can do. I was really excited about this, and now the "3-5 weeks" thing on Amazon is making me concerned that it may actually be weeks til I'm able to hear it (I'm worried that if Amazon can't keep up with the demand, will others?). It's disappointing for sure. Those of you who were lucky enough to get it shipped - and there are a few of you out there it would seem - please let us know how it is and when you receive it!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I tried to cancel my order with Amazon and they would not let me saying they were preparing to ship the order. Is this a good sign? I only re-ordered it yesterday.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Woo-hoo, mine is shipping soon!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Jerry Horne wrote:I tried to cancel my order with Amazon and they would not let me saying they were preparing to ship the order. Is this a good sign? I only re-ordered it yesterday.
That is a good sign, it means they have one for you, and it should be out within a day or so.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

O.K. I'm pinning all my hopes on your statement!! Well, IF that's the case then everyone should get it soon as i only placed my order on Monday. Why the 3-5 weeks thing?
whatif
Roadhouse Member

Post by whatif »

Mine shipped today from Amazon.com. Next day delivery it should be here tomorrow. Can't wait!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Mine just shipped from Amazon! Why oh why did i choose standard shipping? Oh well...
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

Hello everyone! Three things:

1) Long time listener, first time caller.

2) I can't believe none of the 464 registered users before me took the username "DaleCooper".

3) I finally registered just so I could express the unbridled joy mingled with frustration and impatience that is the release of this new soundtrack. For my part, I pre-ordered from Amazon back when Dugpa first put the link up, and have been refreshing my Amazon account page all day at work today, hoping against hope to find that my order had shipped so I could log on here and say "Hey guys my order shipped!" Not yet, but Amazon's still telling me my delivery estimate is Oct. 25th.

I look forward to waiting on the edge of my seat with the rest of you. Image
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.