Season 2 CD release date - small concern

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

if EVER there were a product that is tempting me to do something bad, it is this

i have NEVER downloaded anything unless I used my itunes account....but if someone happens across a torrent i may not be able to resist it....i mean 5 weeks... *cries*

its not like i wouldnt buy it anyway because i HAVE to support this to get another volume out

i kid of course.... *hides*
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Well, like a lot of folks, today was a bit of a letdown for me. My Amazon order that I placed months ago is still just sitting there, un-shipped, but saying it will arrive tomorrow. I think not.

I tried some local places, including a Barnes & Noble who said that it was on their release chart for next Tuesday, but no guarantee that they would get a copy in - and having worked in a retail place like that in the past I do know it is sometimes the case that low print items don't street everywhere on release day without a special order.

On the upside, all the new fiddly bits on the dvd website have made my night. SO nice to see the show get some respect and a real marketing campaign!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I used to pre-order items off Amazon way before the release date. However, after about three times of them not shipping to me until i had to email them and REMIND them that i pre-ordered something, i switched to only pre-ordering one or two days in advance.

If anyone pre-ordered the cd and has yet to get a ship notice, email Amazon. Include your order number. They have good service most of the time.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

if ever there was a reason to get this online from nefarious measures

im sorry but this company that ships these should be ashamed. i have waited years. no reason this shouldnt be on my doorstep now.

the industry as a whole needs to learn from online pirates if THEY have this before the store does. they shot THEMSELVES in the foot on this one.

Oh well, supply and demand and i demand i NOT wait 5 weeks before hearing this. thanks Absurdia or Ryko..you have officially dropped the ball.
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

I woke up to find this wonderful e-mail in my inbox this morning:
Hello from Amazon.com.

We're writing about the order you placed on September 19 2007 16:02 PDT. Unfortunately, the release date for the item(s) listed below has
changed, and we need to provide you with a new delivery estimate based on the new release date:

Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music (Performer) "Twin Peaks: New Season Two Music" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 11/01/2007

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this delay.
At first my bleary eyes thought it was my "Your order has shipped" e-mail. Not so much. :(
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

that is weird, according to Amazon mine has shipped from Texas and is in New York now. I'll keep tracking. They've definitely sent something, anyway.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Audrey Horne wrote:that is weird, according to Amazon mine has shipped from Texas and is in New York now. I'll keep tracking. They've definitely sent something, anyway.
Amazon and CD Universe defintely shipped a few copies yesterday. Ryko obviously made a (very) small delivery of product for the original street date and are playing catch up next week.
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

I sympathise with everyone who has been messed around by Amazon. I pre-ordered a little over a month ago. Up until today they have said it would ship on the 23rd, then the 24th, and now the 30th. I ordered it by priority delivery to the UK at no small cost, and they have sent me an email to say that, as I used super saver delivery, that it will take longer to reach me - amazing considering that, as I don't live in the US, I cannot get super saver delivery. I have emailed them repeatedly only to have "the release date is actually the 30th" and "we sent orders on priority" - no offence at all intended, but I have noticed that they have sent many copies out already, and have no explanation for what they see as 'priority'.. I cannot believe the excuses and lies they seem to be giving to me.

I can quite understand some people mentioning that, despite ordering it and wanting the original, that they would make do with a download to keep them going. Ok, it's 'just a cd' etc.. but I guess that, as it was made a reality many months ago by Mr Badalamenti on his MySpace page, we have been waiting for long time (including the delays in it's release).

Sorry to moan, I guess you guys n gals are the only people who can really understand how frustrating it really is.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Weird. I ordered priority courier to the UK too, I've had no email, and my order has been 'shipping soon' for 24 hours...
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Audrey Horne wrote:that is weird, according to Amazon mine has shipped from Texas and is in New York now. I'll keep tracking. They've definitely sent something, anyway.
At least you can track yours. Amazon allegedly shipped mine Monday and according to the usps website (and the amazon tracking service) "There is no record of this item."

Lovely. :evil:
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:Weird. I ordered priority courier to the UK too, I've had no email, and my order has been 'shipping soon' for 24 hours...
Finally shipped!
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:Weird. I ordered priority courier to the UK too, I've had no email, and my order has been 'shipping soon' for 24 hours...
Finally shipped!
No way!

What is going on with Amazon?? They have told me (again) that no way will it be shipped before next week, and that in fact it was never released this week?!?!

I envy you jdh!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

lostandfound wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:
Finally shipped!
No way!

What is going on with Amazon?? They have told me (again) that no way will it be shipped before next week, and that in fact it was never released this week?!?!

I envy you jdh!
And believe me, I sympathise with you: to post excitedly that mine had shipped was thoughtless of me. They should be straight with their customers on what seems to have happened: looks like they underestimated demand and it was luck of the draw which customers got them. I wonder if size of order made any difference, because I made an order totalling more than $300 to spread the cost of priority international shipping over as much Christmas shopping as possible. But, with a gigantic corporation like Amazon, it seems unlikely that it was anything more than random chance.

They should figure though that, with something like TP and in the age of the internet, some fans are going to know better than they do what the release date is. They will probably lose customers this way.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Since they delayed it to next Tuesday on Amazon, I combined my Gold Box and Season 2 CD orders. Might as well get them together. :\
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

silenttwn wrote:Since they delayed it to next Tuesday on Amazon, I combined my Gold Box and Season 2 CD orders. Might as well get them together. :\
I did the same thing. I also upgraded to that "Amazon Prime" free trial thing and now I'm getting overnight shipping for a steal. Hey, I have to feel like I'm getting SOMETHING good out of Amazon with all this headache. :P
"It's good to want things..."