Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:
lostandfound wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote: Finally shipped!
No way!

What is going on with Amazon?? They have told me (again) that no way will it be shipped before next week, and that in fact it was never released this week?!?!

I envy you jdh!
And believe me, I sympathise with you: to post excitedly that mine had shipped was thoughtless of me.
It wasn't thoughtless at all - don't worry! I'd be excited too - I am merely annoyed with Amazon's bizarre policy with regards to time ordered/date dispatched and the fact they have told me that no one has had this cd shipped by them this week - when I look here and it's obvious that they have!

I'll just have to put up and shut up.

Please, let me know what you think of it when it gets to you! :)
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

lostandfound wrote: I'll just have to put up and shut up.
If I were you, I'd e-mail them to let them know that you know for a fact that other customers have been sent this CD, and saying very politely that, while you would understand them saying 'we didn't have enough to meet demand' you are extremely disappointed that they would choose such a dishonest method of informing you about the delay. I cannot emphasise how much a polite but firmly worded e-mail (preferably with lots of long words) can achieve. It probably won't get your CD there any quicker, but you might get some goodwill vouchers or something. Especially if, in that polite e-mail, you make it clear that you are unlikely to continue to be a valuable customer without a suitable apology.:)
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

I dont blame Amazon at all for this. I have a feeling that Ryko or Absurdia pulled this at the last moment and that Amazon had already received shipments to send out. When they were informed a few had already been sent out and couldnt be cancelled, so they HAVE to say none were sent out.

Blame Absurdia/Ryko for this. Why change the date at the last minute is beyond me, but I am beginning to get so annoyed I wonder if they deserve the money this costs because it is obvious that customer satisfaction is NOT their priority here.

To also update, every single cd ever released usually leaks on the torrent sites 24-48 hours before street date. Twin Peaks is nowhere to be found by these measures which has me wondering just how many copies did get shipped. I am sure someone would have posts a rip by now. Not that I am advocating this, but it seems odd not even the illegal means of acquiring such things do not even have this yet either. something is definitely up here...
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

The only thing that is up is that the street date changed at the last minute amid a lot of confusion, (perhaps due to low supply). We don't really know what the situation was at Ryko that lead to this - but it happens.

It's really not that all uncommon, even on major releases. As someone else noted earlier, Tuesday was also supposed to see the release of a Stanley Kubrick box set from Warner Bros - and it barely shipped (And on top of that, there are major errors on the discs!). Earlier this month, Paramount shipped an HD-DVD box set of the Jack Ryan movies that had none of the special features included as advertised and had to be recalled. The list goes on.

Obviously, we're all passionate about Twin Peaks, and after such a long wait, we're eager for this item. But I suggest taking a deep breath, and keep fingers crossed for smooth shipping next Tuesday. May all our mail carriers be bringing us season 2 soundtracks and Gold Boxes!!
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Post by Erwin »

Can you please link to that information about the errors on the Kubrick set discs. I was contemplating buying the box set sometime late November/ early December. I guess I won't be buying it anytime soon now.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Erwin wrote:Can you please link to that information about the errors on the Kubrick set discs. I was contemplating buying the box set sometime late November/ early December. I guess I won't be buying it anytime soon now.
http://thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents

Read the post for 10/24. Long and the short of it is - the box set is super hard to find, especially on standard dvd and Eyes Wide Shut is missing its audio commentary and the theatrical cut of the film as advertised.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Can I get a roll call on people who ordered through amazon? Have you got your CD yet and what sort of shipping did you choose?

My CD was *allegedly* sent last Monday, via standard shipping. However, when I track it via USPS I am told there is no record of that item. When I track it via Amazon, I get an error message.

The thing is, standard shipping usually gets to me in a day or two because I live pretty close to one of their major distribution centers.

I'm starting to worry the shipping notice is not what it seems.
page_ripped_out

just recieved my Amazon e-mail for this CD

Post by page_ripped_out »

get this....
End of November to the middle of December now ?...

Dear Customer,

We wanted to give you an update on the status of your order [203-4605526-8401903].

We are sorry to report that the following items have been delayed:

Angelo Badalamenti (Artist), David Lynch (Artist) "Twin Peaks: All
New Season Two Music [Import]" [Audio CD]
Estimated arrival date: 30/11/07 - 15/12/07

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

To view your order or make any changes, please visit the Your Account
link located at the top of any page of our website. Through Your
Account, you can cancel items, change delivery addresses or make other
changes to your orders for any items that have not yet entered the
dispatch process.
" Diane, I'm holding in my hand, a box of small chocolate bunnies... "
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Si78 wrote:Can I get a roll call on people who ordered through amazon? Have you got your CD yet and what sort of shipping did you choose?

My CD was *allegedly* sent last Monday, via standard shipping. However, when I track it via USPS I am told there is no record of that item. When I track it via Amazon, I get an error message.

The thing is, standard shipping usually gets to me in a day or two because I live pretty close to one of their major distribution centers.

I'm starting to worry the shipping notice is not what it seems.
I received my copy from Amazon yesterday :P , it was shipped on october 22th (standart international shipping).
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Page Ripped Out - I'm sorry to hear that. I know someone else in Kent who has suffered the same problem. I went with Amazon.com and priority international courier (delivered 26 Oct), because I had a hunch that Amazon.co.uk would struggle to deliver on their initial promise of an import CD released on the same day as the US.
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote: I received my copy from Amazon yesterday :P , it was shipped on october 22th (standart international shipping).
What ? Only 8 days from USA to Russia in Standard International ?
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

doublemain wrote:
Sugardrugged Fairy wrote: I received my copy from Amazon yesterday :P , it was shipped on october 22th (standart international shipping).
To Israel.
And it's normal. Last time it took only 3 days of shipping from Germany!
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
doublemain
Roadhouse Member

Post by doublemain »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote:
doublemain wrote:
To Israel.
And it's normal. Last time it took only 3 days of shipping from Germany!
well... cool for you. Mine (CD + Gold Box) shipped on 10/29 via Expedited Int'l Shipping. First attempt at this one. Usually, I ordered via Standard and the average was from 10 days to 2 weeks to be delivered.
page_ripped_out

Post by page_ripped_out »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:Page Ripped Out - I'm sorry to hear that. I know someone else in Kent who has suffered the same problem. I went with Amazon.com and priority international courier (delivered 26 Oct), because I had a hunch that Amazon.co.uk would struggle to deliver on their initial promise of an import CD released on the same day as the US.
Hi, d'you think I should mail Amazon.co.uk about this delay and see what they will do? I dont have an Amazon.com account, and it's all a bit of a hassle to set one up, now that I have a .co.uk one....
Perhaps i will check Ebay....if i have to buy this twice just so i can have it soon then i am even prepared to, as idiotic as that sounds!
" Diane, I'm holding in my hand, a box of small chocolate bunnies... "
Fall_of_Sophia
Roadhouse Member

Post by Fall_of_Sophia »

page_ripped_out wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:Page Ripped Out - I'm sorry to hear that. I know someone else in Kent who has suffered the same problem. I went with Amazon.com and priority international courier (delivered 26 Oct), because I had a hunch that Amazon.co.uk would struggle to deliver on their initial promise of an import CD released on the same day as the US.
Hi, d'you think I should mail Amazon.co.uk about this delay and see what they will do? I dont have an Amazon.com account, and it's all a bit of a hassle to set one up, now that I have a .co.uk one....
Perhaps i will check Ebay....if i have to buy this twice just so i can have it soon then i am even prepared to, as idiotic as that sounds!
Bypass Amazon and access the used and new on their site...I've used them and they are generally reliable. I've had the same problem with Amazon.co.uk. I think dvdlegacy are sending mine...well they tell me it's been shipped anyway. By the way I used axelmusic.com for Twin peaks gold and they shipped it on 26/10!!

Sort it out ABSURDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!