Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

deadagain

Post by deadagain »

In Louisville, Kentucky I went to Circuit City, Best Buy and FYE and none of them had the soundtrack today.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Poor distribution. It's the job of the label to make sure retailers have the product ready to go. I might have expected something like this if not for the fact that the Gold Box was next week and is a perfect tie-in opportunity. Poor distribution only hurts the label and our chances of getting a further volume of music.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dalecoop

Post by dalecoop »

I checked CD Universe, thanks for the tip. Looks like the earliest it could get here, even with overnight shipping, is next Monday, so my plan is to hold off and try Barnes and Noble again next Tuesday. I guess I'd rather wait the extra day and pay around $15 than pay $30 to have it get here the evening before... Was really looking forward to this today, very bummed!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Let me say again, i ordered it from Amazon only yesterday and it has already shipped. That 3-5 week blurb could very well be a mistake. Order it. If it has not shipped within 48 hours, then cancel it. If they don't let you cancel it, then it means they are about to ship it to you.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I'm so frustrated; in spite of having pre-ordered a couple of days ago on Amazon and requested 1-day expedited shipping, I checked back and my expected date of delivery had inexplicably changed from Oct. 24 (which it had been up until now) to Oct. 31. So I canceled it. ARGH!!! Not looking any better on CD Universe. So I'm just going to be resigned to wait until next week and will pick it up with the DVD set. And I won't read any of your effusive ravings (from those of you who are lucky enough to have been shipped copies this week) on how wonderful it is until then so as not to completely torture myself!!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Go find Dugpa and... TAKE HIS COPY!
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

if dugpa sold his copy now with overnight shipping id bet he make himself a pretty penny lol
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I would totally pay Dugpa at this point. Or anyone else. It's so funny, I can't believe I'm so worked up over a dumb CD, but I seriously feel like I've been waiting for about 15 years for this (the music was one of the things that drew me to it in the first place and has always been one of my favorite things about the show), so it's just a tiny bit of a let down. It's pretty shoddy distribution; it's like someone at Absurda had a last-minute revelation 2 days ago to release the CD the same day as the DVD set. And meanwhile, the retailers are clearly surprised by the high level of interest in the product (I'm a little surprised myself).
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

It's not Absurda's fault. Ryko Distribution is doing the distribution on this. I pressed Absurda on this when Ryko's site got updated and and they said it would be released on the 23rd.

I'm only speculating that Ryko probably underestimated the demand and probably decided to only supply the online retailers.

Ryko should have done a better job monitoring the online pre-order sales. Then they would have been able to meet the online demand as well as the local retailer stock.

I feel your pain. If I was in the same boat, I would be on the warpath.

-B
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Sorry, I take it back; I hate Ryko then, not Absurda. I definitely know I hate SOMEONE today.

Amoeba Music in Hollywood doesn't have it in yet (though they said their computers indicate they were supposed to receive it today). If they don't have it, nobody does.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

I ordered mine from Amazon in fear that it would be obscure to find, and I live in NYC. I'd rather wait the extra day, instead of waiting for the release date and not be able to find it in a store and then have to rely on Amazon anyway.

Now, if I don't get it tomorrow, then I'll cry and complain. Can't wait. (for the cd that is, not the crying and complaining part)
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Like many, I had hoped to grab this today- but like everyone else found that it was NOWHERE to be found. Ended up putting in an order with Amazon. Hopefully it will ship sooner rather than later. 16 years- so close, so far...
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Wow--this sounds like the *#&$ I put up with for INLAND EMPIRE; then I ended up ordering from Amazon. And mine hasn't shipped, either!
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

And the funny thing is, now Amazon.com has changed the release date to Oct. 30, and offers the option to "pre-order" it. It's ridiculous!!
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Well, I think Dugpa's original assessment was spot on. Rykodisc underestimated the demand and was only able to get out a relatively small number of cds to Amazon and CDUniverse for today's shipment. Hopefully this means that a larger shipment will be in place for next Tuesday (Now officially "Twin Peaks" day in my book!) so it will be out on the shelves (or in mailboxes) alongside the Gold Box.