Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Post by dugpa »

I've created a topic where you can post the name and location of the store that you found the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD.

The release date is supposed to be tomorrow (confirmed by Absurda) but some stores may not get their shipments same day as was experienced with the INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack.

In addition, some stores may put in on the shelf as early as today. Hopefully we can pool together all the stores that get it on the release date to se if there is a specific pattern.

-B
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Great idea for a topic, dugpa! Can people also post if/when they see it available on (legal, of course) music download services, a la iTunes, MSN, Napster, etc.? I already have one coming from Amazon (need the photo booklet), but a little instant gratification never hurt anyone either... :D
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Post by JFK »

apparently borders has it available, but the guy was unsure if any would be in tomorrow on release date. so, thats a maybe.
JoshDeLarge

Post by JoshDeLarge »

I live in NYC; I'll be going to Borders at Columbus Circle tomorrow, and if it's not there I'll check the Virgin Megastore in Times Square. Can't wait...
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I went to Borders, Barnes and Noble, Walmart, and Target this morning and NONE of them had it. B&N said it was coming out on 10/30.

I am fuming mad.

Please let me know of any store selling today!

Thanks!
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Monty Props

Post by Monty Props »

I am in New York City and hit the Virgin Megastore at Union Square as well as Barnes & Noble and neither one had it and both said next week to coincide with the DVD release. DAMN!
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Apparently ABSURDA must have been wrong. :(
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

So far, I've only gotten confirmations that online merchants such as Amazon.com and CDUniverse have shipped the CD today.
Has anyone had any luck in tracking down a copy at a local store? Same thing happened with the INLAND EMPIRE Soundtrack.

I'll see if I can find out any more info and keep you all posted.

-B
dalecoop

Post by dalecoop »

I tried Borders and Barnes & Noble in Santa Monica, no luck. I tried ordering on Amazon w/ 1-Day shipping and the estimated arrival date was November 22nd!! So I cancelled the order. Any ideas on how to get this puppy today, tomorrow, or next Tuesday at the latest?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Try CD Universe
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

No luck at Best Buy, Circuit City or Borders.

Amazon is backordered 3-5 weeks according to the item page.

Gee.
travis

Post by travis »

no luck finding it ANYWHERE in Portland, Oregon. I just ended up ordering it from Amazon after calling every store in town.

No one had it ordered- apparently its a 'special order' item.
JoshDeLarge

Post by JoshDeLarge »

I've had the same experience...both Barnes and Noble and Virgin Megastore have Oct. 30th as the release date, and Amazon/Borders is still showing a 3-5 week wait. For the moment the best option seems to be CD Universe, where I got mine for about $17 with the cheapest shipping. They must have quite a few, because they only show a normal 1-2 day wait.
kimldk

Post by kimldk »

no luck in denmark either :(
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

this is horrible

Borders in Queens New York CONFIRMED to me today that they will NOT be carrying this at all, but only taking special orders.

Is this a net only item?

There does not seem to be much hope in us ever getting another cd put out if no stores seem to want to carry it at all.

Maybe Borders in New York is a special case but he said and i quote "our stores won't be carrying that item but we can special order it"

Here is hoping for a cd rip or torrent. I will still be picking this up but this HIGHLY unfair that Amazon is back ordered for 5 weeks. That means I wont be getting to hear any of this for at least a month.

Sometimes being a Peaks fan really sucks.