Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Jerry Horne wrote:Go find Dugpa and... TAKE HIS COPY!
Funny you should say that. The Twin Peaks Season 2 is the only CD that I have made the actual effort of taking with me when I leave my car for fear in the off chance that someone will break in and try and take it and sell it for crack money.

On a side note, my wife is showing signs of discontent each time we get in the car as I've told her that the radio is busted and the CD player will only play one CD these days...
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Don't overplay it, you could be on the receiving end of a soap-in-a-sock!
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

This is true. Kind of hard not to overplay it since I have to catch up for the last 16 years of being without it. :P
Hank_Jennings
Roadhouse Member

Post by Hank_Jennings »

Yeah, this is a real joke. I was pretty pissed off about it when I found out Amazon didn't ship it, but I'm more calmed down now that I know it was just stupidity on Ryko's part, & I wasn't the only one being screwed.

The funny thing is, Amazon didn't even ship my copy of the Stanley Kubrick box set either. Apparently Warner Bros. screwed up also.

I've tried ordering from CD Universe, so hopefully I have better luck from them. It says my order is being processed & that they're working on getting my order ready to be shipped. They haven't changed anything on the product page though, so hopefully there's better luck from them.
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

I haven't ordered from them ever, and I have no idea what their shipping is like - but tower.com (which apparently is still in business even though the stores are not) shows it as being in stock.

Someone may want to try that.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

It boggles the mind that anyone could have underestimated the demand for this release: the first CD must rank among the highest selling soundtracks of all time, particularly those from television series.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:It boggles the mind that anyone could have underestimated the demand for this release: the first CD must rank among the highest selling soundtracks of all time, particularly those from television series.
Well said.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

YET if this were to be released on torrent sites we would be the bad guys for wanting it when we should have gotten it.

makes no sense, and if piracy occurs they have no one to blame but themselves for underestimating the popularity of our beloved show
dalecoop

Post by dalecoop »

I am glad to see I wasn't the only one who nearly berated a hapless Borders employee with phrases like "Don't you know this is a major release? What are you thinking?!" I also tried calling Amoeba today and was willing to brave traffic into Hollywood to pick it up... but no dice.

16 years is a long time to wait. This discussion board has become like a support group to me! Please keep posting re: any successful way to achieve ownership of this Holy Grail before next Tuesday.

Every day, once a day, give yourself a present... Coop's missive was supposed to make today a happy day for me!
KahlanMnel
Roadhouse Member

Post by KahlanMnel »

Amazon just updated the product page for the disc...it now says:

Availability: This title will be released on October 30, 2007. Pre-order now!

Grrrr...
"It's good to want things..."
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

that's weird, I got the confirmation on Monday night at 6:55 that the order had been shipped out. So I'll see.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

well, tracking my order says it has arrived in New York City from Amazon warehouse, and should be to me sometime today. Unless they've shipped me something else.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
GORDON COLE ! ! ! !

Re: Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More C

Post by GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! »

I live in England.Got an e-mail yesterday(23rd Oct.)about 6 pm from Amazon.co.uk saying this cd release date has been put back one week till 30th Oct. I cant believe it.Why does all this stuff always happen with Twin Peaks???If it isnt dvds and deleted scenes etc.,then its the music too!Unbelievable...
...YOU BREAK AN EGG ON IT,SHE,S MY MOTHERS SISTERS GIRL.OREGON!!!ITS A BEAUTIFUL WEAPON,COOP,ACTS LIKE HE,S NEVER SEEN A KISS BEFORE...
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Re: Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More C

Post by jmichael »

GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! wrote:I live in England.Got an e-mail yesterday(23rd Oct.)about 6 pm from Amazon.co.uk saying this cd release date has been put back one week till 30th Oct. I cant believe it.Why does all this stuff always happen with Twin Peaks???If it isnt dvds and deleted scenes etc.,then its the music too!Unbelievable...
But at least, unlike the deleted scenes, we know for sure the music coming! Behind schedule, yes, but coming!
DAT500

Post by DAT500 »

Hello everyone.

Yeah, I didn't get my pre-order from Amazon, I guess they had already allocated before I pre-ordered at the start of October. On the bright side they did ship my copy of the INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack which was part of the order. As I live in England I'm going to have to wait awhile for both though.

Still, November's going to be a Lynch month, as I'll have INLAND EMPIRE and Twin Peaks season 2 CDs, plus my pre-ordered Twin Peaks Gold DVD.