Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

TheArm wrote:I would totally pay Dugpa at this point. Or anyone else. It's so funny, I can't believe I'm so worked up over a dumb CD, but I seriously feel like I've been waiting for about 15 years for this (the music was one of the things that drew me to it in the first place and has always been one of my favorite things about the show), so it's just a tiny bit of a let down. .
I feel the same way - as for a 'tiny let down' read HUGE let down!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

DAT500 wrote:Yeah, I didn't get my pre-order from Amazon, I guess they had already allocated before I pre-ordered at the start of October...
I ordered mine Monday and it shipped the next day. Things don't seem to be first come first served at Amazon. I hope they sent me the right cd...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
rhino

Post by rhino »

I myself am beyond frustrated.

Does anybody feel like Lynch fans continually get shafted? I went to the Virgin Megastore in San Francisco (where Lynch appeared himself in person mere weeks before) and asking about it, the response I got was akin to: Twi... Npee.. Ks? Never heard of it.

Seriously, between this, Mulholland Drive getting shafted by ABC, Twin Peaks' premature cancellation, the fight over the deleted scenes of FWWM, etc. etc. ad nauseum, it seems like the powers that be deliberately try to fuck up any success for Lynch. Does anybody share this sentiment with me? Or am I just way over frustrated that there's 300 copies of every other crappy new release and 0 for Twin Peaks?
Charger12

Post by Charger12 »

First time poster, long time Twin Peaks fan...the second season was on during my senior year of high school, and I've continued to enjoy the episodes ever since.

What I don't enjoy is waiting ANOTHER period of time for this awesome soundtrack. My pre-order with amazon now lists a delivery date of Nov. 5-7. I was sent a change-of-order form with the change in release date.

Did this happen with anyone else?
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

mine arrived a few minutes ago -looks really good -lots of unseen pilot photos.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

Audrey Horne wrote:mine arrived a few minutes ago -looks really good -lots of unseen pilot photos.
As Jerry would say "Now I'm depressed." !
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

Charger12 wrote:My pre-order with amazon now lists a delivery date of Nov. 5-7. I was sent a change-of-order form with the change in release date.

Did this happen with anyone else?
Yep, I got that same e-mail this morning. I've kind of given up hope of listening to this CD before then, because I'm thinking that if people who live in NYC can't find any stores carrying it, I'll have even less luck in the 'burbs. Unless of course it finds its way onto the internet before then, but that would be terrible and wrong and unsavory. Also dissolute and profligate.

Releasing the album on iTunes would have been a great way to avoid all this madness. Oh, how I wish it were on iTunes.
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

rhino wrote:I myself am beyond frustrated.

Does anybody feel like Lynch fans continually get shafted? Seriously, between this, Mulholland Drive getting shafted by ABC, Twin Peaks' premature cancellation, the fight over the deleted scenes of FWWM, etc. etc. ad nauseum, it seems like the powers that be deliberately try to fuck up any success for Lynch. Does anybody share this sentiment with me? Or am I just way over frustrated that there's 300 copies of every other crappy new release and 0 for Twin Peaks?
I totally agree. First we get the news that our favorite show, one of the most popular shows on television at the time, is getting relegated to Saturday nights, effectively killing it to no one's surprise after less than 1 1/2 years. Then we get the movie with the promise of possible sequels, and it bombs. Then we get the episodes all on video and they're terrible EP format. Then we get Season 1 on glorious DVD...but without the pilot. Then no Season 2 for almost 6 years. And still no FWWM deleted scenes. Meanwhile, other cult shows like The Prisoner and Dark Shadows each have like 3 or 4 volumes worth of soundtracks out; it takes 16 years to get a 2nd volume of TP music and then the distribution co. screws it up so most of us can't even hear it. And I've given up on seeing Lost Highway on DVD anytime in the near future.

So yeah, it's definitely hard out there for a Peaks Freak. But then you pop in a random episode, hear the opening bars of the theme song, and realize that there's just no other show like it and then it all feels strangely worth it somehow... :D
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
dalecoop

Post by dalecoop »

Okay, I pre-ordered from Amazon just now and it gives me an estimated ship date of Oct. 30. I paid for 1-day shipping. I will post again if I get shipment notification or any notice of a delay... Hope it arrives next Tuesday or Wednesday.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

i am extremely jealous of you Audrey, and I feel it is a bit unfair to us who now have to wait.

I am beyond angry and am now actually hoping for a torrent. i know it's wrong, but so is what they have done to us.

ill still buy the damn thing though lol
Diane
RR Diner Member

Don't order from Tower

Post by Diane »

Just FYI, on the Tower website when it says "in stock," that is always a gimmick to get you to order. The items are not always in stock and it can take up to 3 weeks. I had to cancel half of my last order for this very reason.
Audrey Horne
Lodge Member

Post by Audrey Horne »

sorry, king -I obviously just got lucky -and also to get the dvds today. But now I'm on Twin Peaks overload trying to take everything in.
God, I love this music. Isn't it too dreamy?
bmiller
Roadhouse Member

Post by bmiller »

I don't understand how this isn't Absurda's fault. Didn't they hire Ryko Distribution to distribute this CD? Didn't Absurda assure you that Oct. 23 WAS the release date? Does it sound like Absurda was even aware that only a limited number of CD's would be distributed by Ryko to retailers on Oct. 23? Why did Brian and other members of our discussion forum have to mount a grassroots info gathering campaign to figure out what retailers actually had this CD for sale on Oct. 23 when Absurda could have released a press statement explaining the situation??
Why doesn't Absurda release a statement explaining why the release date on Ryko's website http://rykodistribution.net/artist_titl ... a_id=23491
now says Oct. 30 is the release date??

I think Absurda and Ryko deserve each other.
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

I think Absurda should dump Ryko.
lasherboy

Post by lasherboy »

After being burned by not finding the IE soundtrack after its release date, I decided to pre-order the new TP soundtrack through Amazon. I only placed my order last week, and it shipped on Tuesday and arrived today!!

Seriously, how can you NOT just sit there and make out with a wonderful disc like this?? I can't resist. *kiss* :)

The cover art looks cheesy online, but I actually really like how it looks in-person. It's nice and glossy and the stripes have almost a metallic sheen to them.. it's a nice effect. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is swayed by the actual product, as I know most people here dislike the cover..

The cd is gorgeous. We're so lucky to be treated with more fantastic music from this show. Easy favorites: "Audrey's Prayer", "New Shoes", "Shelly", "Hook Rug Dance", "Half Heart" - but the cd as a whole is a great journey..

Here's hoping everyone else doesn't have to wait much longer!!