Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

lasherboy wrote:After being burned by not finding the IE soundtrack after its release date, I decided to pre-order the new TP soundtrack through Amazon. I only placed my order last week, and it shipped on Tuesday and arrived today!!

Seriously, how can you NOT just sit there and make out with a wonderful disc like this?? I can't resist. *kiss* :)

The cover art looks cheesy online, but I actually really like how it looks in-person. It's nice and glossy and the stripes have almost a metallic sheen to them.. it's a nice effect. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is swayed by the actual product, as I know most people here dislike the cover..

The cd is gorgeous. We're so lucky to be treated with more fantastic music from this show. Easy favorites: "Audrey's Prayer", "New Shoes", "Shelly", "Hook Rug Dance", "Half Heart" - but the cd as a whole is a great journey..

Here's hoping everyone else doesn't have to wait much longer!!

*cries*
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

Your enjoyment of that CD will be heightened even moreso by your simultaneous torment of the rest of us. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I hope you and your CD are very happy together!! :evil:
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

lasherboy wrote:After being burned by not finding the IE soundtrack after its release date, I decided to pre-order the new TP soundtrack through Amazon. I only placed my order last week, and it shipped on Tuesday and arrived today!!

Seriously, how can you NOT just sit there and make out with a wonderful disc like this?? I can't resist. *kiss* :)

The cover art looks cheesy online, but I actually really like how it looks in-person. It's nice and glossy and the stripes have almost a metallic sheen to them.. it's a nice effect. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is swayed by the actual product, as I know most people here dislike the cover..

The cd is gorgeous. We're so lucky to be treated with more fantastic music from this show. Easy favorites: "Audrey's Prayer", "New Shoes", "Shelly", "Hook Rug Dance", "Half Heart" - but the cd as a whole is a great journey..

Here's hoping everyone else doesn't have to wait much longer!!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

That just made my day.
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.
djzombi

Post by djzombi »

OMG those last few posts really cracked me up, especially that .gif of Leland! I'm also a long-time fan, first-time poster. Just thought I'd add that I just got word from Amazon today that my pre-order is also delayed.

"Estimated arrival date: 11/09/2007 - 11/12/2007"

Grr. I pre-ordered it with the Gold Box (and the latest MST3K set, due out the same day - really broke the bank on DVDs this week!!)...since I ordered with the free standard shipping, I'm assuming it'll all be shipped together. Ten days sounds about right for standard (read: media) shipping, right?

I'll be gnashing my teeth until then!!
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

silenttwn with post of the year :lol:
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

I live in the UK (Scotland) and it looks like this CD will not get an official release at all here. Went to several stores who hadn't even hheard of it or had it in their release schedule. Does anyone know if this CD will be released outside the USA?
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

I am going to be completley honest here. I think we need a download of this.

If what MysteryMan has said is true, I don't think it is very fair denying anyone the right to hear this music we have waited so long for.

I vote for someone sharing this if the cd does NOT come out in stores next week as planned. Otherwise this release is as good as having never even happened.

Why do I feel like a Bugs Bunny charactor with a pole tied to my head and a steak dangling in front of me, just out of my reach?
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

We can't post download links on the forum. If you want to share links, do it outside the boards. Posting them here might bring dugpa into trouble.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

I know how it feels, because im from Portugal and i know i dont have the slightest chance to buy the cd in the next few months. Ordering it online will just take too long (and tremendous expensive). But i dont want to download the album. I simply think that isnt fair to Angelo Badalamenti.. Althought i really think someone should put some clips of the songs..(how about thirty initial seconds of each song?) Just to eliminate the ansiety! What you say?...
Si78
RR Diner Member

Post by Si78 »

Maybe we should start pressuring Absurda to get the album released on Itunes. Or do we pressure Itunes? I'm not sure how that works. Real Player also has a decent music store service I've used in the past.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

Si78 wrote:Maybe we should start pressuring Absurda to get the album released on Itunes. Or do we pressure Itunes? I'm not sure how that works. Real Player also has a decent music store service I've used in the past.
I believe Ryko, as the distributer, would be the one to put it on iTunes, if that was the artists' wish (in this case represented by Absurda). It would be best to send such requests to Ryko and Absurda.
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

silenttwn wrote:We can't post download links on the forum. If you want to share links, do it outside the boards. Posting them here might bring dugpa into trouble.
Of course i know you cant do that, im not asking for anyone to do so on the boards.

And while it may not be fair to Angelo, how fair is it that the company has done so much harm to us over this

first it was to be two separate titles, then a double cd, then they pull the cd at the last minute..... Angelo has already been paid for this. anyone who knows how the industry works can tell you that

the distributor is who needs a rude awakening.

that said, i have stated from the beginning i will STILL buy this even if i do manage a dl somewhere....... it is more the fact that some people have that pisses me right off. If it has been mailed by Amazon there is no good excuse anyone can give for why we all do not have this right now. i just want to hear the music already...what is so hard???