Local Stores Carrying the Twin Peaks Season 2 and More CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

mwbrindley

Post by mwbrindley »

I just got my copy today. Fortunately, I am a a reporter for a local newspaper and contacted Absurda about getting a promo copy for review. I've listened to the whole thing and I am just so satisfied :) It has every single song I wanted on it, even including ones that I didn't even remember. Obviously, very big on the Dark Woods/Red Room, Blue Frank, New Shoes, Night Bells...the sound quality is so crisp. They must have had these files recording well preserved because they sound as fresh as ever!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I GOT MINE! What's interesting is that it came in an oversized yellow bubble evelope from Amazon. They usually send one cd in a snug cardboard box. Curious. Well, here i go...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
kingsoprano718
Roadhouse Member

Post by kingsoprano718 »

well enjoy it the both of you.

myself, i wont be coming around here until after i get mine. so ill see you all in about 5-6 weeks i suppose because Amazon still lists mine at Nov 19 and who knows even then. It may seem childish but really, I dont even care to heaer any others boast of having it. Maybe I am elfish, or maybe it is because I feel when you set a release date, maybe you should actually release it on that date. Either way, i cant sit here and take it any more so I am just gonna remove myself from it before I start getting snippy with people.

So many copies floating around.... too bad TP is not popular enough to register on any "questionable" sites.

Enjoy guys. At least I have the Gold Box to comfort me till then.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

kingsoprano718 wrote: And while it may not be fair to Angelo, how fair is it that the company has done so much harm to us over this

first it was to be two separate titles, then a double cd, then they pull the cd at the last minute..... Angelo has already been paid for this. anyone who knows how the industry works can tell you that
Actually, Angelo nor David Lynch have been paid for this. Lynch and Angelo had to secure the rights to the music and pay the individuals that performed on them as the rights to a new CD were never negotiated back in 1991 when the songs were produced.

They are doing this title self distributed. However in this case, they have asked Ryko to do distribution for them to help get to a wider audience.

As I said before, it looks as though Ryko dropped the ball and underestimated the demand. This is no different than any product that sells out of stock. Only this time, just a select few online retailers actually got stock and even they didn't have enough to fill their pre-orders.

I have been told that the songs should be available on Itunes soon. I am guessing no earlier than next Tuesday.

As far as downloading the music, I urge you to wait it out. To me, waiting for this music for over 16 years and finally beingh able to hold the disc in my hand and hear the songs in perfect 44.1 khz clarity really was an experience in itself that I wouldn't trade for anything.

Just hang in there. I know it's hard. But the prize in the end will be twice as sweet.

-B
Well Dressed Man

Post by Well Dressed Man »

I ordered my DVD gold box set and Season 2 soundtrack last night from Overstock.com. Just got an email that they have both been shipped. So if I'm lucky, I should have both by Tuesday. . . hopefully. I contemplated back and forth as to whether to wait and try to get it in a store or order online, well, I got scheduled at work on Tuesday to work a double shift, so I decided I might as well order it. I'd have a better shot at getting it on Tuesday in the mail.

As for Amazon. I stopped ordering from them this past Christmas. I'll still order from the resellers on Amazon, but after I ordered a book at the beginning of November, had an original estimated shipping time of like a couple weeks, then all of a sudden it changed to mid January, not even in time for Christmas, that was enough for me. I sent them a couple letters asking them what the deal was, but they never once gave me a straight answer, it was always some form letter, that never even addressed my problem. They used to be really good at shipping a handful of years ago. I'd get stuff in a couple days, then all of a sudden it was taking weeks. I don't know what happened.

So far Overstock.com has worked out pretty well, and their shipping is dirt cheap. Their search engine sucks, and sometimes they don't carry stuff, but I can usually find some other place other than Amazon that does. I just don't trust them.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Are all of the major chain stores going to carry the TP Sea. 2 Sndtrk tomorrow or are they going to have to special order it or order online?

I don't think I can handle another massive disappointment like last Tuesday if I walk into a store tomorrow and can only purchase the new DVD.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

coolspringsj wrote:Are all of the major chain stores going to carry the TP Sea. 2 Sndtrk tomorrow or are they going to have to special order it or order online?

I don't think I can handle another massive disappointment like last Tuesday if I walk into a store tomorrow and can only purchase the new DVD.
It is apparently shipping to most of the chain stores (my Barnes & Noble had it on their release calender for tomorrow) but who knows how many copies each store will get. You might still have to hunt around. You may want to go to your favorite store and see if you can reserve a copy.
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We thought you'd like to know that we shipped your items, and that this
completes your order.

The following items have been shipped to you by Amazon.com:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Qty Item Price Shipped Subtotal
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon.com items (Sold by Amazon.com, LLC):
1 Twin Peaks: New Season Two... $12.99 1 $12.99

Shipped via UPS (estimated arrival date: 30-October-2007).
ImageImageImageImageImage
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Me too! Both the soundtrack and the DVD set have shipped from Amazon this afternoon and my expected date of arrival is Wednesday. Hurrah!! It's like Xmas at Halloween :D
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
JoshDeLarge

Post by JoshDeLarge »

Got mine today from CDUniverse...I ordered it last Tuesday the 23rd, it shipped on Friday the 26th, and arrived today. About $17 with the cheap shipping...all in all, pretty satisfied with their turnaround time. It still is listed as "1 to 2 days" on their site, so it might be worth a look for anyone still getting the shaft from Amazon or local stores.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

CDUniverse? I never heard of them. But you had to pay more, right? Well, at least you got it on time! What's their url?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

CDuniverse.com

:wink:
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

But didn't you order from Amazon, Jerry? How good is this place? (For future orders.)
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I did order from Amazon. CDuniverse has been around forever and they have a good reputation.
GORDON COLE ! ! ! !

Post by GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! »

Well,Ive just received an e-mail from Amazon.co.uk saying they will not be able to deliver my copy of this CD till any time between 29/1107 to 14/12/07.Merry Xmas everybody... :cry:
...YOU BREAK AN EGG ON IT,SHE,S MY MOTHERS SISTERS GIRL.OREGON!!!ITS A BEAUTIFUL WEAPON,COOP,ACTS LIKE HE,S NEVER SEEN A KISS BEFORE...