Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I need to buy a lottery ticket because I got lucky and got the ONLY copy
Best Buy received this morning. WTF?

PS- Barnes and Noble didnt even get the Gold Box DVD in! WTF? I lucked out and got one of the two copies at Borders this morning! Phew!

Cant wait to get off work! :P
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! wrote:Well,Ive just received an e-mail from Amazon.co.uk saying they will not be able to deliver my copy of this CD till any time between 29/1107 to 14/12/07.Merry Xmas everybody... :cry:
Gordon, check out the Amazon Marketplace sellers who have started flogging it.:)
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

Date Time Location Event Details
October 30, 2007 03:05:00 PM DALECOOPERVILLE TP US Delivered
:!: :!: :!:

I've been obsessively refreshing my Amazon order tracking page all day from work. :D
I tell you they have not died! Their hands clasp yours and mine.
GORDON COLE ! ! ! !

Post by GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! »

To jdh.goodgrief:Thank You for that! James.
...YOU BREAK AN EGG ON IT,SHE,S MY MOTHERS SISTERS GIRL.OREGON!!!ITS A BEAUTIFUL WEAPON,COOP,ACTS LIKE HE,S NEVER SEEN A KISS BEFORE...
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

Got it! :D

As far as I'm concerned, I would have spent $12.99 just for the Hook Rug Dance and Audrey's Prayer (and for some reason, the other track I've been thinking about a lot is Packard's Vibration). The rest is wonderful, wonderful gravy.

The CD case was broken when I got it (the little plastic nubs that keep the CD in were almost all broken), but the CD was unscratched so I don't even care. Holy crap, the Hook Rug Dance has a whole other part to it.

Too good.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

DaleCooper wrote:The CD case was broken when I got it (the little plastic nubs that keep the CD in were almost all broken), but the CD was unscratched so I don't even care.
Mine was broken like that too.
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

DaleCooper wrote:Got it! :D
Holy crap, the Hook Rug Dance has a whole other part to it.

Too good.
I love the extended Hook Rug Dance. That was one of the three tacks I've waited these 16 years for!
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Got my stuff today. <3 the new CD.
DaleCooper

Post by DaleCooper »

I actually ended up getting $5.00 back from Amazon because the price went from $17.99 to $12.99 after I pre-ordered it. Capital!
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Available now on Itunes:

Itunes
DAT500

Post by DAT500 »

My copy of the Season 2 etc CD arrived this morning, not bad seeing as I'm in England, and it's fantastic. I've been a complete doofus and seemingly ignored what was going to be on this CD - my smile grew and grew as I realised 'Blue Frank', 'I'm Hurt Bad', 'Audrey's Prayer' and, especially, 'Just You' were on this CD.

I once had an interesting disagreement with a friend about the 'Just You' moment in Twin Peaks.

Anyway, this sits nicely next to my copies of the original soundtrack, Fire Walk With Me and Floating into the Night. I just need my Gold Box to arrive, although I guess it'll be stopped by customs for the import duty, so hopefully it should arrive in the next week.

Also, the INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack is amazing.
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

Well, ive received the cd today, and ive been listening to it all day..its very good. My favourite ones are "night bells", "cop beat", "high school swing" and "JOSIE AND TRUMAN" . This last one ive mencioned is, in my opinion, the best!
There is only thing i disliked it...barbershop..what the hell is that song doing here? I think it removes the mood of the cd. And where is "deer meadow shuffle"? that song occupies the first half hour of FWWM and it should be included in this cd :(

nevertheless, im eternally grateful to badalamenti for this release...
but i will only rest when i Hear "deer meadow shuffle" in all its glory..WHO'S WITH ME? how can we get that song individually?
GORDON COLE ! ! ! !

Post by GORDON COLE ! ! ! ! »

Well baste me in butter and call me slappy...I finally got my cd today!Merry Xmas everybody! :D
...YOU BREAK AN EGG ON IT,SHE,S MY MOTHERS SISTERS GIRL.OREGON!!!ITS A BEAUTIFUL WEAPON,COOP,ACTS LIKE HE,S NEVER SEEN A KISS BEFORE...
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Post by lostandfound »

Auggeo wrote:but i will only rest when i Hear "deer meadow shuffle" in all its glory..WHO'S WITH ME? how can we get that song individually?
I wish I knew! I'm desperate for it too...
"And your blood may have Laura's .. fingerprints on it.."
rss

Post by rss »

I was wondering does anybody know if the cd is going to be released in Europe?..