Page 5 of 7

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:24 pm
by kingsoprano718
lasherboy wrote:After being burned by not finding the IE soundtrack after its release date, I decided to pre-order the new TP soundtrack through Amazon. I only placed my order last week, and it shipped on Tuesday and arrived today!!

Image

Seriously, how can you NOT just sit there and make out with a wonderful disc like this?? I can't resist. *kiss* :)

The cover art looks cheesy online, but I actually really like how it looks in-person. It's nice and glossy and the stripes have almost a metallic sheen to them.. it's a nice effect. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is swayed by the actual product, as I know most people here dislike the cover..

The cd is gorgeous. We're so lucky to be treated with more fantastic music from this show. Easy favorites: "Audrey's Prayer", "New Shoes", "Shelly", "Hook Rug Dance", "Half Heart" - but the cd as a whole is a great journey..

Here's hoping everyone else doesn't have to wait much longer!!



*cries*

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:28 pm
by DaleCooper
Your enjoyment of that CD will be heightened even moreso by your simultaneous torment of the rest of us. Enjoy it while it lasts. :)

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:32 pm
by TheArm
I hope you and your CD are very happy together!! :evil:

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:07 pm
by silenttwn
lasherboy wrote:After being burned by not finding the IE soundtrack after its release date, I decided to pre-order the new TP soundtrack through Amazon. I only placed my order last week, and it shipped on Tuesday and arrived today!!

Image

Seriously, how can you NOT just sit there and make out with a wonderful disc like this?? I can't resist. *kiss* :)

The cover art looks cheesy online, but I actually really like how it looks in-person. It's nice and glossy and the stripes have almost a metallic sheen to them.. it's a nice effect. I'll be interested to see if anyone else is swayed by the actual product, as I know most people here dislike the cover..

The cd is gorgeous. We're so lucky to be treated with more fantastic music from this show. Easy favorites: "Audrey's Prayer", "New Shoes", "Shelly", "Hook Rug Dance", "Half Heart" - but the cd as a whole is a great journey..

Here's hoping everyone else doesn't have to wait much longer!!

Image

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:21 pm
by Jerry Horne
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:30 pm
by DaleCooper
Image

That just made my day.

Posted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:45 pm
by djzombi
OMG those last few posts really cracked me up, especially that .gif of Leland! I'm also a long-time fan, first-time poster. Just thought I'd add that I just got word from Amazon today that my pre-order is also delayed.

"Estimated arrival date: 11/09/2007 - 11/12/2007"

Grr. I pre-ordered it with the Gold Box (and the latest MST3K set, due out the same day - really broke the bank on DVDs this week!!)...since I ordered with the free standard shipping, I'm assuming it'll all be shipped together. Ten days sounds about right for standard (read: media) shipping, right?

I'll be gnashing my teeth until then!!

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:09 am
by kingsoprano718
silenttwn with post of the year :lol:

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:53 am
by MysteryMan
I live in the UK (Scotland) and it looks like this CD will not get an official release at all here. Went to several stores who hadn't even hheard of it or had it in their release schedule. Does anyone know if this CD will be released outside the USA?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:58 am
by kingsoprano718
I am going to be completley honest here. I think we need a download of this.

If what MysteryMan has said is true, I don't think it is very fair denying anyone the right to hear this music we have waited so long for.

I vote for someone sharing this if the cd does NOT come out in stores next week as planned. Otherwise this release is as good as having never even happened.

Why do I feel like a Bugs Bunny charactor with a pole tied to my head and a steak dangling in front of me, just out of my reach?

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 11:22 am
by silenttwn
We can't post download links on the forum. If you want to share links, do it outside the boards. Posting them here might bring dugpa into trouble.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:17 pm
by Auggeo
I know how it feels, because im from Portugal and i know i dont have the slightest chance to buy the cd in the next few months. Ordering it online will just take too long (and tremendous expensive). But i dont want to download the album. I simply think that isnt fair to Angelo Badalamenti.. Althought i really think someone should put some clips of the songs..(how about thirty initial seconds of each song?) Just to eliminate the ansiety! What you say?...

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:33 pm
by Si78
Maybe we should start pressuring Absurda to get the album released on Itunes. Or do we pressure Itunes? I'm not sure how that works. Real Player also has a decent music store service I've used in the past.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:44 pm
by jmichael
Si78 wrote:Maybe we should start pressuring Absurda to get the album released on Itunes. Or do we pressure Itunes? I'm not sure how that works. Real Player also has a decent music store service I've used in the past.


I believe Ryko, as the distributer, would be the one to put it on iTunes, if that was the artists' wish (in this case represented by Absurda). It would be best to send such requests to Ryko and Absurda.

Posted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:50 pm
by kingsoprano718
silenttwn wrote:We can't post download links on the forum. If you want to share links, do it outside the boards. Posting them here might bring dugpa into trouble.


Of course i know you cant do that, im not asking for anyone to do so on the boards.

And while it may not be fair to Angelo, how fair is it that the company has done so much harm to us over this

first it was to be two separate titles, then a double cd, then they pull the cd at the last minute..... Angelo has already been paid for this. anyone who knows how the industry works can tell you that

the distributor is who needs a rude awakening.

that said, i have stated from the beginning i will STILL buy this even if i do manage a dl somewhere....... it is more the fact that some people have that pisses me right off. If it has been mailed by Amazon there is no good excuse anyone can give for why we all do not have this right now. i just want to hear the music already...what is so hard???