What is the new Twin Peaks soundtrack like?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

What is the new Twin Peaks soundtrack like?

Post by MysteryMan »

Like many of you I have not received my pre-ordered Twin Peaks soundtrack CD yet either. I would really like to know more in depth what the soundtrack is like, what you think of the different songs, which songs are which, perhaps an upload of a 30 second clip of each of the tracks would be a good idea? Something to listen to while I am waiting to get my hands on the real stuff. And by the way what does the booklet look like? And what about the backcover of the CD?
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Did you read Dugpa's review of the cd here?

www.dugpa.com/review_cd.php

I also wrote my thoughts in a different thread in this section. I'm not going to spoil the booklet. The back cover is the red room floor with a splotch of red in the middle. Blood? The cd itself is the zig-zag red room floor
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
MysteryMan
RR Diner Member

Post by MysteryMan »

Thanks for the info... Yes I read the review, CD sounds amazing. Was however a little confused to which songs are included in Track 1 and 22... Is the slow version of Falling (Twin Peaks Theme) from episode 18 at all included?
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

It's good.:)

My fuller thoughts can be found in Dugpa's review thread too. There are some tracks to skip through on the CD, and some notable absentees that would have truly graced the disc, but overall it is a delight to own.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I absolutely love it. Sure, there are some tracks I would love to have seen on there that didn't make it, and my biggest complaint is that I wish "Dark Mood Woods" could have gotten its own full track instead of just being a sort of intro and outro for the Red Room music, and I didn't need the "Love Theme" intro and outro or "Cop Beat" (which I don't think was ever even in the show). But honestly, I think it's pretty amazing and well worth the wait. To have tracks like "Audrey's Prayer," "Hook Rug Dance," "New Shoes," "Harold's Theme," "Shelly," etc. in such crystalline quality is truly a wonderful thing and I've been listening to it pretty much on repeat all weekend!
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Loveless

Post by Loveless »

It is amazing, better than the first soundtrack, and it certainly gives FWMM a run for its money. Angelo is a genius.
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hi!
Here are my thoughts from the poll thread:
Vlad wrote: Of course the 2nd season music is brilliant as well, one major flaw being that it arrives about 15 years after my most intense TP phase. Well my affection for this series will quite certainly never fade, but one problem with this new CD may be the disappointment of "I'm Hurt [or rather cut] Bad". I think i made a big mistake, not waiting for the right moment to listen to it big style and just put it into our kitchen CD player which made the expected BLAST not half as massive as i would have expected it from memory but I couldn't believe it when it suddenly broke off so that it hardly lasts any longer than what we all heard from the series' various Jukeboxes (which seem to have had a much more apocalyptic sound - even in good old mono!).

I must admit that over the years this disc might possibly grow on me just like the less spectacular tracks on FWWM did (The Pine Float, Don't Do Anything ...), but today my perception of music just isn't the same anymore. Start another poll in about 10 years and we'll see.
Don't get me wrong I really appreciate this release as it is, but then again i even got the idea that less tracks or 2 discs with 12 to 14 tracks each might have been better for the overall quality ...

One question though: the credits list two different titles from the tracklist and it seems "Credit Boogie" actually became "Hayward Boogie" but i'm still unsure which the other one "Abstract Mood" might be. Somebody on the web assumed that it could have become "Dark Mood Woods" but I'm not yet convinced.
Any clues?
~ I locked myself out of my apartment ~