What tracks could make up a TP Volume 3 Soundtrack?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

What tracks could make up a TP Volume 3 Soundtrack?

Post by coolspringsj »

This new CD rocks and has just whet my appetite for more :D

I am trying to think of all the tracks that could make up a new disc if this sells well enough

Remembrances
Deer Meadow Shuffle
Into the Fire
John Justice Wheeler guitar theme
Im Hurt Bad full version
Windham Earle theme
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

In addition to "I'm Hurt Bad," I'd also love to have "Dark Mood Woods" as its own standalone track. And I suppose you could have the 2 Julee Cruise songs from Ep 14, "Rockin Back Inside My Heart" and "The World Spins." And the Audrey music from the pilot where she interrupts the meeting (which is what I had incorrectly assumed "Audrey" would be on the new disc). And the jazzy music that Cooper and Annie dance to the night before the Miss Twin Peaks pageant. And last but not least, a Ray Wise medley of "Mares Eat Oats" and "Getting to Know You"! :)
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
Erwin
Roadhouse Member

Re: What tracks could make up a TP Volume 3 Soundtrack?

Post by Erwin »

Last edited by Erwin on Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

The real biggie for me is the music that Cooper and Annie dance to the night before the Miss Twin Peaks Pageant ("We'll follow each other"). There's also the AMAZING version of "Falling" that plays in the RR when Norma's mother confessess to being MT Wentz. There is a FULL 5+ minute bootleg version of this around, and I'm really surprised its not on the CD.

Count me in on wanting full versions of "I'm Hurt Bad" and "Dark Mood Woods" too. Perhaps instrumental versions of "Just You" and "Sycamore Trees", as both were heard.
Last edited by Ross on Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
andreguimaraes

Post by andreguimaraes »

Ross, where I can find this bootleg version????
I need to hear this
thanks
"I'll see you in the trees..."
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

I was leaving it a couple of days to start a thread like this!

The big two for me are:

Remembrances (Nadine's suicide bid, Ben Horne's cinefilm plus the cinefilm credits sequence)
Double R (or at least that's what I call it) frm the MT Wentz revelation scene.

These two pieces are better than all but two tracks (Hook Rug Dance and Just You) of the latest CD.

Beyond that, I'd like to see:

James' Theme (the 50s biker music), which may well be called 'Americana'
Full-length versions of the unreleased tracks from the FWWM Twin Peaks montage
I'd go for some Invitation To Love and maybe Audrey's Norwegians music.
Last edited by jdh.goodgrief on Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

What's great about this is they even alluded to this possibility in the CD liner notes and that there is PLENTY of material for a full length 3rd CD.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this one, yet it also in some bizarre way made me yearn for even more TP music and I think there is a great chance it will happen down the line. :D
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

coolspringsj wrote:What's great about this is they even alluded to this possibility in the CD liner notes and that there is PLENTY of material for a full length 3rd CD.

I'm enjoying the heck out of this one, yet it also in some bizarre way made me yearn for even more TP music and I think there is a great chance it will happen down the line. :D
I know the feeling: the wonderful new CD somehow makes the impossile seem possible, and makes it all the more heartbreaking that I don't have Remembrances and 'Double R' in glorious extended CD quality!
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

- Theme to 'Invitation To Love'
- 'Invitation To Love' Piano track heard within an episode
- There are at least 8 Double RR tracks that could be released
- The tension track that played many times including when the Doc beats the crap out of Ben in the final episode
- Ben and Leo's meeting by the river (One of my favorites)
(Also there is a slower version of this when Josie and Truman are making out on the couch while the 'Mystery Asian Man' looks on from outside)
- The music inside the Lydecker clinic
- Song we hear at One Eyed Jacks when Coop and Bid Ed are undercover
- Nadine's suicide (Falling variation)
- The two Hawaiian songs that James and Donna accidently turn on in Jacoby's office
- The great song that plays while Blackie and Jerry are talking at OEJ (near the start of ep. eight)
- The slow version of Audrey's prayer we hear at the Hayward Supper Club
- Lana's Jazz Exotica
- Richard Tremayne theme (Heard the first time we see him)
- The music we hear as Jonathan beats up Hank inside the RR
- The music that is heard during the rescue of Audrey from OEJ's!! How could I forget this!!
Last edited by Jerry Horne on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:26 am, edited 12 times in total.
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Finally got my copy of the new CD!!! Wooot!! HOOK RUG DANCE!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, I can think of one other biggie that's not on the CD - and hopefully will be released someday:
The music that plays over Albert & Cooper talking about Josie (Episode 2.16), and plays throughout Josie's scene with Andrew. ("To Beginnings... AND Endings, and the wisdom to know the difference.") It is also heard in Episode 2.09 when James gives Donna a ring.

Before I got the CD, I had been thinking that "Packard Vibration" may have been this, but it was not.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

Also, the music that Leland plays on the record player when he asks Donna to dance in Ep 16. I'm pretty sure that's a Badalamenti original. I think it also plays when Dick is trying to change a tire on his car while he's out with Little Nicky and has a near miss.

And also the sort of oboe variation on "Freshly Squeezed" that plays when Donna is visiting James in prison (in addition to a number of other times). It shows up a lot, and turns up a lot also during the DVD documentary in the new box set.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
The Magician
Roadhouse Member

Post by The Magician »

Ben's Civil War theme! That is an essential.

RR Diner music

James' theme

Norwegians theme

The normal version of the Bookhouse Boys song. The album version seems very... flustered and busy. I was not content with it.

Alternate versions of Freshly Squeezed and Audrey's Dance

Leeland's Shuffle music!!!

The World Spins (my favorite Cruise contribution to the show)

More dark ambient music

A track of just drums, like from Albert's arrival or the Tibet Rock Throwing.

Deer Meadow Shuffle

and, of course, John Justice Wheeler's theme.

NEVERTHELESS, this 3rd TP soundtrack album was the best yet, and I am so very VERY happy with what I have.
Sometimes things can happen just like this. *snap*

J'ai une âme solitaire.
Pierre Tremond

Post by Pierre Tremond »

Okay, I already kinda posted this in the 2nd Season CD review board, but I'll repeat it here:

My first, and main gripe: The "Mysterious Happenings" theme, which first appeared when Jerry Horne (my favorite character on the show, incidentally) confronted Blackie, but much more famously was used for The Giant returning Cooper's ring and all of the Owl Cave Explorations, was to me, one of the defining themes of the series, and I can't believe it isn't on the 2nd Season disc, as great as it was.

Also, you have a multitude of Windom Earle stuff, you could have his early episode themes of the flute playing, or the stuff in the last few episodes that they used, which was only hinted at in the Dark Mood Woods track.

And Deer Meadow Shuffle was a fantastic subdued but snazzy little number in Fire Walk With Me and I was surprised when I got the film soundtrack that it wasn't on there, (and while I LOVE the film soundtrack cd, I think they could have bumped The Black Dog Runs at Night for it) and I am again surprised it didnt make the new disc.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

Theme from Fat Trout Trailer Park which I also call the Teresa Banks Theme

Deer Meadow Shuffle (of course)

The Double R Swing (Great track from FWWM)

All the Double R Themes

The One Eyed Jacks Theme

Cooper and Annie Dance Theme (seems to be an alternate version of Questions in a World of Blue instrumental... I mean Audrey's Prayer)

Miss Twin Peaks Contest Theme

And hell, I'd love to hear an On the Air CD. Featuring the Lester Guy Theme and the piano version of Half Heart AKA Romantic Love Theme number 9.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

dugpa wrote:I'd love to hear an On the Air CD. Featuring the Lester Guy Theme and the piano version of Half Heart AKA Romantic Love Theme number 9.
:P :P :P
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM