What tracks could make up a TP Volume 3 Soundtrack?

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

page_ripped_out

Unsure of how to describe the tracks i mean...

Post by page_ripped_out »

The scene, I THINK, just before Agent Desmond vanishes, where the man from another place can be heard doing his " Red Indian" styled war cry...? Is that right? I remember everything including the music itself, sounding backwards....I think it plays as the two agents are performing an autopsy on Tereasa Banks....AND it should include the MFAP war cry too :D

And, i haven't heard the season2 soundtrack yet so it may be on there, the theme that plays as Laura enters her picture and is beckoned by Mrs. Tremond.

Apologies if these two have alrady been mentioned. OH! and also the instrumental of Sycamore Trees has got to be a must!

I know things have been mentioned regarding a possibole 3rd CD. Is it likely to happen anytime soon ?
" Diane, I'm holding in my hand, a box of small chocolate bunnies... "
lostandfound
Roadhouse Member

Re: Unsure of how to describe the tracks i mean...

Post by lostandfound »

page_ripped_out wrote:And, i haven't heard the season2 soundtrack yet so it may be on there, the theme that plays as Laura enters her picture and is beckoned by Mrs. Tremond.
Good news! The Laura/picture music is indeed there - however (like you) I would have loved to have had some of the backwards-sounding music too, plus Dear Meadow Shuffle etc.. but unfortunately they're absent from this release..
"And your blood may have Laura's .. fingerprints on it.."
page_ripped_out

Re: Unsure of how to describe the tracks i mean...

Post by page_ripped_out »

lostandfound wrote:
page_ripped_out wrote:And, i haven't heard the season2 soundtrack yet so it may be on there, the theme that plays as Laura enters her picture and is beckoned by Mrs. Tremond.
Good news! The Laura/picture music is indeed there...

Sweeeeeeet, as Homer would say.
" Diane, I'm holding in my hand, a box of small chocolate bunnies... "
Audrey

Post by Audrey »

Remembrances (Nadine takes pills, Ben watches his film)

Longer version of "I'm Hurt Bad"

The version of Laura's Theme which plays when Cooper shows Donna the video of the picnic (pilote)

The music which plays when Ben meets Blackie in One Eyed Jacks (episode 2) and which when Bobby escapes after hiding Leo's shirt in Jacque's house

The Double R music (e.g. the one in episode 2 when Ed talks with Norma)

Cooper's dream of Mike (episode 2)

Ed and Nadine in their house, before they go to Laura's funeral (episode 3)

The music which plays when James and Evelyn are in front of Jeffrey's car and drink champagne. It also plays some scenes later when Evelyn kisses Malcolm. (I know a part of this song can be heard in "I'm Hurt Bad" on the new soundtrack, but not the whole thing)

Audrey and the Norwegians in the pilote

John Wheeler's Theme

The music which often plays in dangerous or scary scenes (e.g. in episode 1 when Leo tells Shelly she hasn't done all of the laundry and when Shelly discovers the blood on Leo's shirt)

Sarah talks with Donna and suddenly sees Laura's face instead of Donna's and then has a vision of Bob

All Miss Twin Peaks Contest music

To be honest, I just want all the great music which ever appeared in the Twin Peaks episodes, even if it could only be heard for a second! :D
The owls are not what they seem!
musicaddict
RR Diner Member

Post by musicaddict »

I'd like a long version of Remembrances - really beautiful piece!
Auggeo
Roadhouse Member

Post by Auggeo »

THE WORDS...

DEER

MEADOW

SHUFFLE ...

Seriously..im thinking about putting an online petition to get that GOD DAMM SONG!!!
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

What is Deer Meadow Shuffle?
Dr. Jacoby
Roadhouse Member

music vol. 3

Post by Dr. Jacoby »

James' Theme! I was disappointed it wasn't on the new soundtrack :(
The word linkage reminds me of sausages, didn't care much for the links... prefered the patties.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

jdh.goodgrief wrote:What is Deer Meadow Shuffle?
The jazzy shuffle track that plays throughout the Deer Meadow sequence. For instance in the beginning when the plane is about to land in Portland. By David Lynch and David Slusser, I believe.

Where do I sign the petition, Auggeo? :)
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

Evenreven wrote:
jdh.goodgrief wrote:What is Deer Meadow Shuffle?
The jazzy shuffle track that plays throughout the Deer Meadow sequence. For instance in the beginning when the plane is about to land in Portland. By David Lynch and David Slusser, I believe.

Where do I sign the petition, Auggeo? :)
It's obviously been a bit too long since I watched, as I have no idea what the Deer Meadow sequence is!

But if it's jazzy shuffle, I know it isn't for me.
Evenreven
Great Northern Member

Post by Evenreven »

Deer Meadow Sequence = The first 40 minutes of Fire Walk With Me.

I don't know your taste in music, but it's pretty spooky to be a jazzy rhythm track.
"Who's the towhead? Those drugs are LEGAL!"
AlgeriaT

Post by AlgeriaT »

musicaddict wrote:I'd like a long version of Remembrances - really beautiful piece!
Hi all,

My first post here, but am a Lynch fan since I was a wee nipper.

Here's my dodgy quality but perhaps full length 'Ben's Lament Mix' of Remembrances for you all;

http://rapidshare.de/files/38264348/05_ ... t.mp3.html

(I assume you all know how to dload from rapidshare? - its only a 1.8mb dload)

It splices together the 35 seconds of the cleaner end credit version of the track with the rest of the song taken from Ben's Shakespeare quotation scene. As I say, the quality is not too hot (better than youtube quality audio though), and the volume a bit low - but I created it specifically just for you all here at dugpa!

Kind regards,

TravisB / AlgeriaT
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I wonder if there is a way to find out from the powers that be whether or not the TP 2 soundtrack was successful enough to warrant another release of the rest of the unreleased music.
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

I'm still hopeful they could make it available for paid download if a CD isn't possible.
Cooped
Roadhouse Member

Post by Cooped »

Hey, long time lurker, been posting in twinpeaksgazette for a while now...

Since there is so much music unreleased then, i know this has been asked before, but at this point how feasable is a new album or downloadable album?
I mean, theres a lot of music from TP that could be considered 'background' but hey, so is most of the stuff on IE soundtrack...as well as polish night music and Air is on fire.
anyone up for a petition, a la FWWM Deleted scenes??!! just to prove just how impossible to please tp fans are!!