Twin Peaks Soundtrack Poll

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Which Twin Peaks Soundtrack is your favorite?

Original Twin Peaks Soundtrack
38%
Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me Soundtrack
42%
Twin Peaks Season 2 Music and More Soundtrack
20%

Total votes: 50
dugpa
Site Admin

Twin Peaks Soundtrack Poll

Post by dugpa »

Which one do you like the most and why?
Last edited by dugpa on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I'd have to go with the original. Tracks like Laura Palmer's Theme and Night Life in Twin Peaks are top tier. My favorite track from FWWM is The Voice of Love. Was Sycamore Trees in FWWM?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

I couldn't choose.. i adore the first soundtrack, but i listen to the second more frequently..
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
dugpa
Site Admin

Post by dugpa »

I also added the new soundtrack to the poll. I think FWWM will always be my favorite followed by the new Season 2 soundtrack and then the original.

-B
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

While the latest CD probably has more good tracks, largely by virtue of being longer, I think the first CD still has to take first place. It doesn't get better than Falling and Laura Palmer's Theme, and we get two versions of each on the initial CD. The new CD would have taken my vote if it had Remembrances and Double R in place of some the jazzy tracks and the pieces I would count as more of Badalamenti's background noise than actual music. FWWM is interesting, but as with the film itself, it pales in comparison to the two main Twin Peaks CDs.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Well, i would vote for the second tv soundtrack then since that is a choice now...
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

dugpa wrote:I also added the new soundtrack to the poll. I think FWWM will always be my favorite followed by the new Season 2 soundtrack and then the original.

-B
Amen to that. Season Two is very, very close behind though.
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

I love all three for different reasons. I voted for the Original just because, like Jess said, it has "Falling" and "Laura Palmer's Theme"- and these two tracks ARE Twin Peaks. More essential than anything else.

I love FWWM because Its got my favorite track to ever appear in TP; the "FWWM Theme". In fact, not only is it my favorite TP track, its one of my favorite pieces of music, of any genre, ever.

And of the three soundtracks, the one I'm most excited to have in my collection in the new one. I never thought I'd have it. Other than "Falling" & "LP's Theme", most of the series' best music is from season 2. "Audrey's Prayer", "New Shoes", "Josie & Truman", "Hook Rug Dance". All wonderful.

Glad I don't have to REALLY pick one of the three!
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
TheArm
Great Northern Member

Post by TheArm »

I'm sure once the novelty wears off I'll change my mind, but right now I've gotta vote for the new Season 2 soundtrack. Partly for the sheer fact that it exists at all when I truly never imagined it would, but also because I love that it encompasses so many facets of the show's mood thanks to its having 22 different tracks. Each one is evocative of so many moments for me. I love the DVD gold box set, but this soundtrack is just such a shocker to me.
"Fire...walk...with...me...MEEE!!!"
silenttwn
Roadhouse Member

Post by silenttwn »

Fire Walk With Me. Sycamore Trees, Real Indication, Questions in a World of Blue... great stuff. Overall, it feels the most cohesive of all the albums too.
Vlad

Post by Vlad »

Hi y'all! Just had to register as i am with silenttwn on this one. I just don't get how anybody could overlook the unsurpassed genius of the FWWM soundtrack...

There is not one weak moment on there.

Of course the 2nd season music is brilliant as well, one major flaw being that it arrives about 15 years after my most intense TP phase. Well my affection for this series will quite certainly never fade, but one problem with this new CD may be the disappointment of "I'm Hurt [or rather cut] Bad". I think i made a big mistake, not waiting for the right moment to listen to it big style and just put it into our kitchen CD player which made the expected BLAST not half as massive as i would have expected it from memory but I couldn't believe it when it suddenly broke off so that it hardly lasts any longer than what we all heard from the series' various Jukeboxes (which seem to have had a much more apocalyptic sound - even in good old mono!).

I must admit that over the years this disc might possibly grow on me just like the less spectacular tracks on FWWM (The Pine Float, Don't Do Anything ...), but today my perception of music just isn't the same anymore. Start another poll in about 10 years and we'll see.
~ I locked myself out of my apartment ~
YannD

Post by YannD »

I will have to go with FWWM... because it's got my favorite piece of music ever, not Twin Peaks music, not soundtrack music, just favorite piece of music ever : Moving Through Time.

I's got the dreamy mood, the lightness and hints of darkness, the kind of innocence you might experience only once before in your life time, say when you first hear about "Peter and the Wolf" as a kid. Just for this song, Badalamenti should be canonized (as in "made a saint", my religious english is rusty at best)...

I'm listening to it just now, never fails to put me in a state !
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

I love every one of them, but I don't understand how anyone can pick something over the original soundtrack, the start of it all with the main theme and laura palmers theme! Nothing trumps the original and I love the other soundtracks too!
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
LauraPalmer
Roadhouse Member

Post by LauraPalmer »

i went with FWWM. i love every single song on it. i especially love sycamore trees, the black dog runs at night and a real indication. each song on the album brings me back to that moment in the film.
BLPCfan754

Post by BLPCfan754 »

Although I love them all. I really like the second season cd better.