Hidden Track / Easter Egg on new Season 2 CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I wonder if they just recorded Alicia playing the song on the set or dragged her off to a studio?
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Ross
Global Moderator

Post by Ross »

Jerry Horne wrote:I wonder if they just recorded Alicia playing the song on the set or dragged her off to a studio?
I'm guessing Alicia just played this bit live on the set as the scene was filmed. Meaning that there is no version without the poem dialogue over it, and that's why it appears here like it does (just to clarify, I'm talking about the "It was Laura" hidden track, NOT the "Hayward Boogie" found on the CD proper). I think they tried to take as much of the dialogue out as they could isolate, but there is still a bit of it.
"I can see half my life's history in your face... And I'm not sure that I want to."
http://twinpeakssoundtrackdesign.blogspot.com/
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Ross wrote:
Jerry Horne wrote:I wonder if they just recorded Alicia playing the song on the set or dragged her off to a studio?
I'm guessing Alicia just played this bit live on the set as the scene was filmed. Meaning that there is no version without the poem dialogue over it, and that's why it appears here like it does (just to clarify, I'm talking about the "It was Laura" hidden track, NOT the "Hayward Boogie" found on the CD proper). I think they tried to take as much of the dialogue out as they could isolate, but there is still a bit of it.
I think you're right. Season two went out in surround sound, maybe that helped them take out most of the dialog...
coolspringsj
RR Diner Member
Location: RR Diner drinking coffee blacker than midnight on a moonless night

Post by coolspringsj »

Is it just me or do you have to turn the volume way up to hear it?
Welcome to amateur hour. Looks like an all-nighter, boys.
Azemaria Jones

Re: Hidden Track / Easter Egg on new Season 2 CD

Post by Azemaria Jones »

I have the score in my MP3 and I don't need to rewind. When I start the first track I ears the easter egg directly. The track start with sound of wind, and then the phone number, and then Harriet declaming his poem.
Is it just me or do you have to turn the volume way up to hear it?
Yes, the piano sound is more loudly than the voice of Harriet.
4_8_15_16_23_42
Ben Linus suporter.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Re:

Post by Jerry Horne »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote:After watching the pilot i realized that the track i found on DL.com is the one that played when Audrey told norwegians about Lora's death.
Was anyone able to rip this to mp3? Or was it worth it? Is it a full track or something they just lifted from the pilot? I have some very interesting things to trade if someone has this :wink:
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Yeah, i would sure love to hear that too!
JFK
Roadhouse Member

Re:

Post by JFK »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote: I think Credit Boogie is what you find on DL.com, and the first part of the hidden track is untitled.
i believe Credit Boogie is exactly what its title says, its the blues boogie thing alica(why couldnt they have used her more in TP?!?)(sorry about that, just something ive always wished) plays over the end credits to ep 2.01. altho they neatly slipped around having to credit for "It was Laura..." by making it a hidden track, to me, i think she is improvising. ive been playing music for two-thirds of my life now, not that im a complete expert, but i do have the experience. and being a player, its easier to tell when someone is just making it up, or is going off a written part. maybe she had an idea how to go about it, or the mood already made up, but she plays it like she was improvising. which means the music credit should go to her.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Was anyone able to rip the norwegians track off of Davidlynch.com? Please PM me.
qbin2001
Great Northern Member

Post by qbin2001 »

Jerry Horne wrote:Was anyone able to rip the norwegians track off of Davidlynch.com? Please PM me.
Me too :D
Anyone please :)
hopesfall
RR Diner Member

Post by hopesfall »

Me too! I love that music.