Hidden Track / Easter Egg on new Season 2 CD

Discussion on the music of Twin Peaks

Moderators: Brad D, Annie, Jonah, BookhouseBoyBob, Ross, Jerry Horne

Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Hidden Track / Easter Egg on new Season 2 CD

Post by Zachary »

I haven't read anything else about this, but I haven't read through this part of the forum all that thoroughly.

If you put the new Season 2 CD in and rewind for about 3 and a half minutes (rewind to around -3:30 on Track 1) there are a couple of surprises. One is a phone booth number, and the other one is an interesting little treat. I don't have a subscription to DL's website, so I don't know the phone booth number will unlock. The other hidden track is nothing all that exciting, but it's kind of neat.
Sam Howzit
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sam Howzit »

"It was Laura ..."

No joke ... it's there. How did you find this one?

My subscription to DL.com expired so I may need to subscribe again just to see what is in the Phone Booth.

Mahalo for the tip!

See you in the trees,
Sam
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

Post by Sugardrugged Fairy »

Oh my.. i never thought it's possible to rewind the first track like that..
It's there.
I'm going to subscribe to DL.com right now. :shock:
There's a place i'd like to show you. Near the ocean. It's very secluded.
I think you'll understand me better if you come with me.
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

So i entered the booth and dialed the number.
There's a cover of the Second Season music cd, and some midi-music is playing on the background. At the top it says Twin Peaks Extra.

That's all. :cry:
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I was really hoping there would be a screen that said: SEASON THREE COMING SOON. ONLY ON DAVIDLYNCH.COM

Keep an eye on it. You never know... :wink:
RARE TWIN PEAKS COLLECTIBLES AT ---> WWW.TWINPEAKSGENERALSTORE.BLOGSPOT.COM
Sugardrugged Fairy
Roadhouse Member

I hope David will update the website, since in the news section he says there will be more mysteries and experiments soon. (he's kind of riding a bike, and he wears the sunglasses :) )

I can't tell you what they say about Lora, because i can't hear everything.
Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Post by Zachary »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote:Oh my.. i never thought it's possible to rewind the first track like that..
It's there.
I'm going to subscribe to DL.com right now. :shock:
There are actually quite a few CDs that have audio buried before the first track. I have never been all that fond of "hidden tracks" that come 9 minutes after the last song or whatever, but I do think it's pretty cool to truly hide things in a place that cannot be found without looking for it. I kind of found this one by accident, but it's something that I usually at least try when I buy new CDs. For the record, there is nothing like that on the Inland Empire soundtrack CD.
SPOODLES

Post by SPOODLES »

Sugardrugged Fairy wrote:I can't tell you what they say about Lora, because i can't hear everything.
It was Laura and I saw her glowing in the dark woods. I saw her smiling. We were crying and I saw her laughing. In our sadness I saw her dancing. It was Laura living in my dreams. It was Laura--the glow of life. Her smile was to say it was alright to cry. The woods was our sadness. The dance was her calling. It was Laura and she came to kiss me goodbye.

Pretty neat. Has anyone been able to rip this to their computers? I do all of my listening through iPod, and I'm befuddled. I tried this technique here (http://www.digital-inn.de/exact-audio-c ... k-1-a.html) but all I got was silence.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

I am very interested in getting the track onto iTunes as well! Anyone know how?
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

I am totally not technical at all; I've never heard of rewinding a CD. How is it done?
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
Jerry Horne
Global Moderator

Post by Jerry Horne »

Annie wrote:I am totally not technical at all; I've never heard of rewinding a CD. How is it done?
Annie - rewind means to go back. In this case you are not skipping back a track, you are scanning back (try pressing down and holding your 'Rewind' button on your stereo or remote control for your stereo) On your display you will notice the time starting to go into negetive territory ( -2:38 )

Start playing track one on your disc then scan backwards to minus 2:38 or so. You will hear a clue and then a further season two song
Zachary
Roadhouse Member

Post by Zachary »

Jerry Horne wrote:
Annie wrote:I am totally not technical at all; I've never heard of rewinding a CD. How is it done?
Annie - rewind means to go back. In this case you are not skipping back a track, you are scanning back (try pressing down and holding your 'Rewind' button on your stereo or remote control for your stereo) On your display you will notice the time starting to go into negetive territory ( -2:38 )

Start playing track one on your disc then scan backwards to minus 2:38 or so. You will hear a clue and then a further season two song
This doesn't really work when using a CD-playing computer program, so it will need to be done on a CD-player. I did it in my car.
Annie
Global Moderator

Post by Annie »

Thanks for all the suggestions, guys! I learn new things every day in here. But I am only using my computer to watch this stuff now, so I guess rewinding will have to wait...
Keep your eye on the doughnut, not on the hole.
jmichael
RR Diner Member

Post by jmichael »

You can in fact find it on a computer cd player, if you have a one the features a "scan" button in addition to a "skip" button.

The one I used was Media Player Classic, which is a free download. (It's also a great dvd and mpeg video player).
jdh.goodgrief
RR Diner Member

Post by jdh.goodgrief »

A program called Isobuster, available for free trial, can be used in order to extract this track for eventual use on MP3 players. It shows up as Track 00.